FanFooty Fanplanner 2009 (v2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this adds to the argument for not having a true gun midfielder in your starting team like A/B/C or swan. Interesting...

If you start Cox do you then require a premium midfielder (maybe not). He did not have one. I still would like 2 good options for captaincy as i feel it can further increase your captaincy scores. But i think PAV easily fills this void. So with Pav and Cox the 2 most consitant top end premium dtmers do not require a premium midfielder in your side. I also am starting to think sure you need a good starting side but its what you do with your trades and how you plan your year more than anything that makes you a top 100 dtmer. You need a decent side but anyone that comes on here should be able to get a decent side than you just have to work with it.

Interesting to note that Bradfisherman used his 1st trade as a downgrade from Embley to Palmer. Whilst i think the Baxters first trade was Priddis > C.Morton. So both went looking for extra value and money early on whilst not doing a sideway's trade. Many dtmers would have gone priddis is struggling so ill get Hayes or Embley doesnt look good ill get Salopek (sideway trades)

If you start Cox do you then require a premium midfielder (maybe not). He did not have one. I still would like 2 good options for captaincy as i feel it can further increase your captaincy scores. But i think PAV easily fills this void. So with Pav and Cox the 2 most consitant top end premium dtmers do not require a premium midfielder in your side. I also am starting to think sure you need a good starting side but its what you do with your trades and how you plan your year more than anything that makes you a top 100 dtmer. You need a decent side but anyone that comes on here should be able to get a decent side than you just have to work with it.

Interesting to note that Bradfisherman used his 1st trade as a downgrade from Embley to Palmer. Whilst i think the Baxters first trade was Priddis > C.Morton. So both went looking for extra value and money early on whilst not doing a sideway's trade. Many dtmers would have gone priddis is struggling so ill get Hayes or Embley doesnt look good ill get Salopek (sideway trades)

EDIT: Sorry misread the post.

yeh i think if you have pav and maybe even chad (with cox) you can be comfortable for captain choices for 3-5 rounds. Im thinking of getting kane just to back me up anyway though it is a hard call.

Interesting top DTers downgraded earlier to find the value the missed but.

Just had a little play with the fanplanner then.

If the prices are accurate to the real DT prices, I can see myself getting the urge to field a LOT of cheap guys.

I had four guys at 117k or under starting on the field in my plan, does that sound like too many?

The 4 I have starting are Yarran, Rich, Rusling and Ziebell.

Obviously pre-season form will play a big part in whether these guys end up starting for me or not.

Its so important not to get any 0's and with that side with those 4 under 117k you would defiatnly look at getting a few, however it could be the year of the premium/rookie strategy like 07, with some good picks at rookie price.

I should have mentioned that my bench consisted of....

Backs - Lynch, Rance (Toughest position to get cheap players this year IMO.
Centers - Coughlan, Skipworth (I'm confident at least one of these guys will be playing each week in case of need for a substitution)
Rucks - Naitanui, Vickery (Thinking of switching Naitanui with Kreuzer.....will watch pre-season form)
Forwards - Ballantyne, Walker (Ballantyne will play a lot of games IMO, Walker I'll be watching closely over the pre-season)

No need to spend that big on the ruck reserves! Downgrade nicnat or vickery to currie i would think.

I was thinking about four rookies in the forwards (including the bench). How does yarren, ballantyne, heyne, ziebell look? Is that a good option?

No need to spend that big on the ruck reserves! Downgrade nicnat or vickery to currie i would think.

I was thinking about four rookies in the forwards (including the bench). How does yarren, ballantyne, heyne, ziebell look? Is that a good option?

I don't know enough about Heyne to comment, but the other 3 are shoe-ins for at least 10-15 games next year IMO.

Yeah ruck reserves are alot harder to select this year. Last year I had the good old Kreuzer/Meesen combination, but Kreuzer was always guarenteed 22 games. Just not sure if Naitanui will play that many and I don't think he can score that much to keep his price afloat.

Definitely Corey. Thompson had a shit end to the season once he started getting heavy tags and I'd rather start with Corey than Ablett or Bartel.

Agree.

Thompson has a bad start to the year (09) on career averages, from memory he playes 5 of his worst 6 teams (excluding the 1 game he played against Adeliade when he was with the Dees) in the first 8 rounds and doesn't play a team in his top 5 for career averages.

So thats already looking quite poor and then when you add tagging, it's a risky option. Even if he doesn't get tagged i think he is available to pick up at a cheaper price because he is inconsistent.

By my reckoning he had an SD of 26.8 in 08 which is a little high.

Interesting top DTers downgraded earlier to find the value the missed but.
I did that but it didn't help me much. I had Goodwin who got the massive 161 and hence was at around 460k at round 4 and downgraded him to Palmer and then Thompson to Hill but the rest of my trades weren't very good and quiting after round 12 wasn't very wise:eek:.

I think if you are very confident in the rookie then it probably is good to downgrade an underperforming gun (if you think they will continue to do bad) ASAP, the problem is your probably going to end up upgrading the rookie you downgraded too, so you will make plenty of cash but it will take 2 or even 3 (3: if the rookie you downgraded an intended keeper or possible keeper too, needs 2 trades to be upgraded to a Bartel/ other premium) trades to get the player you want.

The other option is keeping the downgraded rookie as a permanent bench player so you just lose the one trade and points early but it saves you plenty of money for getting the player you want in the long run.

A quick question/problem.

I've tried to log into the planner using the link provided on the first page of this thread and, despite being logged in at FF and a member, I can't get into the fanplanner feature.

It keeps telling me to log in or become a member.

Anyone experiencing the same difficulties - and has anyone got a solution to the problem.

Whilst im studying/researching J.Corey ATM, I thought i would post some interesting facts.

When Ablett played Corey avg: 106.61
When Ablett didnt play (7,16,17,18) Corey avg: 121.5

121.5 - 106.5 = 15 ppg
AMG (Ablett misses number of games x 15)
example: (8 x 15) = 120 points
However this is only 4 games and a small sample size, also Ablett is very durable look at previous year.

2007/2006
When Bartel didnt play (2) games in 07 Corey avg: 81.5
When Bartel missed round 19 in 06 Corey scored only 79
When Bartel has missed (3 games) Corey avg: 80.67

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quick question/problem.

I've tried to log into the planner using the link provided on the first page of this thread and, despite being logged in at FF and a member, I can't get into the fanplanner feature.

It keeps telling me to log in or become a member.

Anyone experiencing the same difficulties - and has anyone got a solution to the problem.

Just to make double sure- At the top of the screen, does it say "g'day [yourname]"?

If you're trying to make a new team, try holding down the Shift key and clicking the Reload button when you're on the Fanplanner page. Or, if you've already got a team, go to the "Change team in focus" link at top right and click on your team name.

I was getting kinda bored, so i thought i'd try and make the most generic starting side possible - about middle of the pack. IE what the average DTer would start with. Heres a quickie (just for fun):

Hodge
Shaw
Newman
Ibbotson
R.Clarke
S.Selwood
Hurley

Kite
Laurie (77k)

Ablett
Judd
Goodes
Cousins
Hasleby
Coughlan

Swift
Ranga (77k)

Cox
McIntosh

Naitanui
Sullivan (77k)

Franklin
Lockyer
Thomas
Lucas
Davey
Higgins
Rusling

Gumbleton
Yarren

7-11 keepers - they wpould probably intend to keep judd, goodes, lockyer and thomas.

Thoughts?

I was getting kinda bored, so i thought i'd try and make the most generic starting side possible - about middle of the pack. IE what the average DTer would start with. Heres a quickie (just for fun):

Kite
Laurie (77k)

Swift
Ranga (77k)

Naitanui
Sullivan (77k)

Gumbleton
Yarren
Investing so much money on the bench forwards seems to completely fly in the face of the rest of the drafting strategy.

Lakey, 08 was my 1st year of DT and before that I hadn't watch any AFL. So I had Judd on reputation, thats how I picked most of my team and that's how I think many generic teams are picked "reputation" thus the Hodges, Judds and Abletts. Now finding this site I realize how many mistakes I made, my personal fav trading Brennan out for C.Bolton...shakes head.

Goodes is one to watch if named as forward I think not as mid.

Whilst im studying/researching J.Corey ATM, I thought i would post some interesting facts.

When Ablett played Corey avg: 106.61
When Ablett didnt play (7,16,17,18) Corey avg: 121.5

121.5 - 106.5 = 15 ppg
AMG (Ablett misses number of games x 15)
example: (8 x 15) = 120 points
However this is only 4 games and a small sample size, also Ablett is very durable look at previous year.

2007/2006
When Bartel didnt play (2) games in 07 Corey avg: 81.5
When Bartel missed round 19 in 06 Corey scored only 79
When Bartel has missed (3 games) Corey avg: 80.67

There was an excellent graph last season floating around which showed the correlation of ABC.

Bartel always gunned but the major relationship was Ablett and Corey. They very rarely both do well, one is up and one is down. Obviously the down is still 85-105, but they both never get 120+ when in the same team.

There was an excellent graph last season floating around which showed the correlation of ABC.

Bartel always gunned but the major relationship was Ablett and Corey. They very rarely both do well, one is up and one is down. Obviously the down is still 85-105, but they both never get 120+ when in the same team.

I've got the graph but can't get it across. Can someone from NP who knows how post this on the thread.

It's post 322 from Bax in the NP Discussion Thread and has the correlation through the first 11 rounds last year of A, B and C.

I've got the graph but can't get it across. Can someone from NP who knows how post this on the thread.

It's post 322 from Bax in the NP Discussion Thread and has the correlation through the first 11 rounds last year of A, B and C.

Here it is...

Here's one I've seen questions tossed around about on the main board...

The Geelong Mids. Should you have all 3 in your "ideal" team?

Consider this:
GeelongMids.gif

It suggests to me that Ablett and Corey are the two that are most affected by each other's performances. When Ablett is up, Corey down, and vice versa. Bartel trended with Ablett through to Rd 6, then after Ablett was back in Rd 8, the trend is less obvious.

It suggests to me that two would be better than all three, as having players that even each other out (Ablett and Corey this year to date) restricts your total points scoring ability. I would say get Bartel, and whoever you think will finish stronger/score better out of Ablett or Corey.

Note - I averaged Ablett's Rd 6 and Rd 8 scores for his Rd 7 entry - so ignore any impact Ablett has on the others for this Rd.

I posted a whole heap of coleration graphs in this thread early this month similar to wat Bax has done in the past.

Here is the one i did for A,B,C.

xe367l.jpg

Over the first 11 rounds between Ablett and Corey the standard deviation was 21.06, however this trend becomes more seen in the last half of the season and the SD would end up being much more.

Which means each round on avg they will score 21 points apart (Ablett 120, Corey 99)

However i disagree with getting only 2 of the cats (Bartel and/or Corey/Ablett)

I think its like saying from the start dont pick Ablett and Corey but at the end of the day if the both avg 110 it doesnt really matter when they score well or badly. It also means if you pick them from the start (A and C) than you will have avery good caption opiton every week.

If you take the highest score between them each week they end up scoring 2789 between the 2 of them over the 22 rounds. This means if you pick the right one and you start with both of them (expensive i know) you could have your captain avg 127 over the 22 rounds as done in 08. This trend may not keep on going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back