FanFooty Fanplanner 2009 (v2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got as much interest in beau waters that i have in josh drummond to be honest.

Someone's gotta keep the club doctors employed.:)

I guess the biggest risk with Waters apart from injury and being over aggressive is that his role is still undefined. This year before he went down he was forward, back all over the place. He can score well when he gets it right but there's plenty of uncertainty.

I think Baxters has a good mix of Guns/Mid priced/Rookies, his style of team suits the way I like to play DT.

In saying that, Convicts team structure has a heap of positives that until recently I would have thought it would require too many trades to get your team into a position to win.

It is almost worth attempting to make both style of teams and see which when you feel more comfortable with.

Convicts style really is simply about eliminating one of the risks and trying to find value. The risk that's eliminated is a rookie not playing as all of his best 22 are in their teams best 22. What this also means is he has the 2 strongest rookies on the bench instead of looking for the 3rd and 4th strongest. It also means to a certain extent he will not need to trade early (apart from injury) except to bring in a gun rookie he's missed. The other advantage with mid range players is a lot of his trades would be single upgrades rather than double trades. He has taken a risk with some injury prone players (Salopek, Embley etc) but you need a couple to get the value.

It doesn't mean much at this time of year, but Drummond's been setting PBs in pre-season so far.

Doesnt bother me to be honest. I dont care if he blasts the preseason and looks fully fit, for starting squad i like to only have 1-3 injury prone players max, and this year with HMAC, cousins, hasleby, lucas, maybe even malceski all possibilities i think id be taking too many risks on injury prone players if i had drummond in my sights too.

Good talk in the last 4 or 5 post again from the NP's. 54D i love your posting i can believe your not a top dtmer.

Modra, i did a team like that with the same 4 as the last 4 spots. I think Hurley and Brown are the most likley to get games. Brown is smashing it for WCE, he is killing Glass in one on one contest that means something. He was also a 1st round draft pick and will be playing forward. Hurley should get games for development but Knights hasnt said anything about him yet where others have about their 1st round draftees. He could be the power house forward shutterdownara (if its a word). Petterd and Grimes you would think one will always get games, similar players and the dees need everything i know but they need small defenders. Grimes and Petterd both offer this and could also play the wing. Also they win their own footy and are very much outside type players which means points.

I also think these 4 will all make money and another reason why this thinking may not be too bad is because the 91k rookies, i can hardley see any getting games their. Strauss, Suban are the 2 most are selecting ATM but both for me are very doubtful.

It could be the year of the rookie/premium strategy after all this was one of the best drafts we have seen.

As you can see Convicts started with no rookies on the field whilst Bax started with 3.

Baxters was really unlucky with injuries comprared to Brad. Tuck, Houli, McIntosh, Hall, Didak, and Guerra. We're all going to have players get hurt for a few games but to finish 2nd with all that going on :thumbsu:

Doesn't bother me to be honest. I dont care if he blasts the preseason and looks fully fit, for starting squad i like to only have 1-3 injury prone players max, and this year with HMAC, cousins, hasleby, lucas, maybe even malceski all possibilities i think id be taking too many risks on injury prone players if i had drummond in my sights too.

My mind will be in all sorts if Drummond, who I am a big fan of as a player, comes out at the start of the season fully fit and knocks up a few hundreds in the preseason.

I want to base my team around durability and no zeros this year so Drummond is the exact opposite of what I want to get but god he is tempting! Hopefully I will be able to stay strong and resist.

What about this scenario... Drummond comes to the start of the season absolutely flying, peak conditioning of his career and then gets a few big hundreds in the preseason. At $327k you do have the option to buy him *in hope* that he can string it together for 8-10 matches at the start of the year.. hence the potential for a significant price increase before he inevitably gets injured. Which you could then potentially very cheaply upgrade or even possible downgrade (in price) him to a safer premium player. This can only really be an option if he is flying at the start of the season because we all know he is capable of some massive scores, which could be very handy in the first half of the season.

The other thing that i will be watching is what the lions gamestyle will be like under coach Voss. Will it change much? who is benefitting from a new position/role etc.

My mind will be in all sorts if Drummond, who I am a big fan of as a player, comes out at the start of the season fully fit and knocks up a few hundreds in the preseason.

I want to base my team around durability and no zeros this year so Drummond is the exact opposite of what I want to get but god he is tempting! Hopefully I will be able to stay strong and resist.

What about this scenario... Drummond comes to the start of the season absolutely flying, peak conditioning of his career and then gets a few big hundreds in the preseason. At $327k you do have the option to buy him *in hope* that he can string it together for 8-10 matches at the start of the year.. hence the potential for a significant price increase before he inevitably gets injured. Which you could then potentially very cheaply upgrade or even possible downgrade (in price) him to a safer premium player. This can only really be an option if he is flying at the start of the season because we all know he is capable of some massive scores, which could be very handy in the first half of the season.

I wouldn't write off the chance of Brisbane managing him carefully during the NAB cup, with something similar to what Sydney did with Malceski last year - limited game time in two or three games, with maybe one full game.

The other thing that i will be watching is what the lions gamestyle will be like under coach Voss. Will it change much? who is benefitting from a new position/role etc.

It should be more productive. They scored the least points of any team by far last year, so really, the only way is up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking back i cant believe just how bad my trading was. Terrible, im still very unsure about trading. Is their any secret to it. I finished with a side that had plenty of scoring potential.

Goddard
Mackie
H.Shaw
Birchall
P.Burgoyne
Drummond
X.Ellis

Bartel
Corey
Cross
Priddis
N.Stevens
Dalziell

Cox
Simmo

Deledio
Franklin
Pavlich
Chapman
B.Johnson
J.Brown
Porplyzia

I had this side in buy round 15, which by looking at it looks very strong but injuries killed me in the last 6 weeks. I think this side almost looks better than Convicts.

Looking back i cant believe just how bad my trading was. Terrible, im still very unsure about trading. Is their any secret to it. I finished with a side that had plenty of scoring potential.

Goddard
Mackie
H.Shaw
Birchall
P.Burgoyne
Drummond
X.Ellis

Bartel
Corey
Cross
Priddis
N.Stevens
Dalziell

Cox
Simmo

Deledio
Franklin
Pavlich
Chapman
B.Johnson
J.Brown
Porplyzia

I had this side in buy round 15, which by looking at it looks very strong but injuries killed me in the last 6 weeks. I think this side almost looks better than Convicts.

Which one of your teams is that one?

If i selected drummond, i would want him to be a keeper, and i dont see him playing 20+ games, therefore, not particularly interested. Even if he smashes it id still be very very uncertain, and wouldnt risk it in my starting side.

If i selected drummond, i would want him to be a keeper, and i dont see him playing 20+ games, therefore, not particularly interested. Even if he smashes it id still be very very uncertain, and wouldnt risk it in my starting side.

But at 320k is that keeper price? For me that price is upgrade, with keeper being a bonus.

Anyone got anymore faith in Beau Waters from last years performance?

You brought me out of my lurking with the Waters question.

Beau is rated very highly by the players and coaching staff at our club, shown by his recent admission into the leadership group.

His first three scores of 08 show his DT potential. His problem is that between injuries and suspensions, he hasn't been able to stay on the park as often as we'd like.

Hopefully, he will be played further away from the defensive goalline in 2009, as this is where he is at his best. He is hard at the ball but often lacks composure and his skills let him down often (ie. prone to bursts of cringeworthy disposals). The sooner the coaching panel realise he is not a back pocket the better!

If he is played across HB (likely) or even on the wing/on the ball (unlikely) then I would sure rate him a DT keeper. An average of 80 is not an unreasonable expectation.

If he is played across HB (likely) or even on the wing/on the ball (unlikely) then I would sure rate him a DT keeper. An average of 80 is not an unreasonable expectation.

He will probably average around 80, but he may only play around 17 games. He is another one of these players that will tease you with his price.

Yesterday i tried working out exactly what a keeper is worth with regards to points. eg: if J.Brown avg's 90 is he a keeper. This was determined by the need to win the DT comp in 08.

Yesterday i tried working out exactly what a keeper is worth with regards to points. eg: if J.Brown avg's 90 is he a keeper. This was determined by the need to win the DT comp in 08.

Well last year you needed 46,132 points to win over 22 weeks. Which is 2096.9 per week. Based on 23 players scoring (22 and the captain makes it 23) then on average 91 points per game is a keeper.

Obviously this is very general because Mids score more than rucks/backs etc. 91 in the back would be a keeper, where as 91 in the mids may not be.

Nope your all worng, it only took 45122 points to win at an avg of 2051 (convicts). Your on the right path but i have somed in heaps of other numbers, which i still think isnt quite there still but i do have a figure which sounds pretty good i also think it could be reduced a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back