Fantasy Baseball 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be keen to give it a go. I've just moved to Canada and know a fair few of the players, never done Fantasy though. From what I've heard Yahoo is the way to go for Baseball.

Showbag, was that Hockey, 2-3 seasons back? I think I was in that league...

ESPN or Yahoo!, whatever the consensus is.

Essentially they are the same product, if more people have a yahoo ID already, then I would say that would be easier, but lets have popular opinion rule.

That being said, I recommend anyone who hasn't played before(and even those who have) to read Matthew Berry's draft day manifesto on ESPN fantasy ball website, it is invaluable for those being introduced to fantasy baseball.

I don't mind being commish, just hoping to get some committed and active players.

I will let this topic go for a couple of weeks, and then send out some private invites when things get going.

Another thing, are people keen for a live draft, what time suits best?

I am in Canada, MST, and work 4-12, so anything after 5pm AEST is OK for me.

Nah, baseball. You were in the league, see this thread:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415402

Changed the minimum innings pitched and the trade end date during the season, though I could never work why. Then I looked at the number of moves the commish made- 385. The next closest was me with 33.

Here's part of the details:
All these changes have been made in the past month without our knowledge, with the commissioner covering it up by making 'dummy' moves (i.e. adding and dropping the same player to make sure we miss the notification:
Apr 14 10:06pm Trade Reject Time changed from '2 days' to '7 days'
Apr 23 8:44pm Min Innings Pitched changed from '7' to '20'
May 5 8:13pm Min Innings Pitched changed from '20' to '22'
May 5 8:13pmCan't Cut List changed from 'None' to 'Yahoo! Sports'
May 5 8:13pm Trade End Date changed from '2008-08-24' to '2008-07-27'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ESPN or Yahoo!, whatever the consensus is.

Essentially they are the same product, if more people have a yahoo ID already, then I would say that would be easier, but lets have popular opinion rule.

That being said, I recommend anyone who hasn't played before(and even those who have) to read Matthew Berry's draft day manifesto on ESPN fantasy ball website, it is invaluable for those being introduced to fantasy baseball.

I don't mind being commish, just hoping to get some committed and active players.

I will let this topic go for a couple of weeks, and then send out some private invites when things get going.

Another thing, are people keen for a live draft, what time suits best?

I am in Canada, MST, and work 4-12, so anything after 5pm AEST is OK for me.

I'd say ESPN. I'm a regular on the NFL board, will speak to the lads on there, there are quite a few MLB fans who might want to get involved. We do Fantasy NFL on ESPN, so blokes would be more likely to join if we used the same site.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Baseball 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back