Toast Farewell Matty Broadbent

Remove this Banner Ad

We were a shitshow then iirc

We were, but that’s so different to the shitshow we are now.

At least back then you knew we were shit. Ordinary playing list, Primus, Falloon fitness, AAMI Stadium.

Now, we’ve got all the resources necessary in the world and we’re still not delivering. You couldn’t expect much from what we were in 2012, but now, we SHOULD be so much better than what we are.

In conclusion, sack Hinkley.

Love your work Cobra.
Time beats us all in the end.

Someone needs to post that sketch in here for posterity.
Was that Trewth's handiwork?
Yep it was Trewth. He gave me the original and I gave it to 2013 Bigfooty player Broadie at an after match function at Alberton. It was posted in this Fanboi art thread

Well done Matthew, Brogsie, Broadie, The Cobra. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Shocking way to end/start the decline of his career at Port - in that his ankle issue started when Wingard drilled a ball into his head at training and it caused him to fall over and he twisted his ankle badly in the fall.

At his best he was a bloody reliable player and that kick of his was a weapon coming off half back. Mike Sheahan gave him a ranking of 30th best player one year, so impressed he was with his attacking play.

1570693772025.png

Well done on your career Broady.

Sad to see you go but definitely the right decision.

The first one in a while from the club that I can support.

Any chance he could become our Maggies leadership player? Perhaps with an option to be promoted mid season if he is absolutely killing it and we cop a few injuries?

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Well done on your career Broady.

Sad to see you go but definitely the right decision.

The first one in a while from the club that I can support.

Any chance he could become our Maggies leadership player? Perhaps with an option to be promoted mid season if he is absolutely killing it and we cop a few injuries?

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
There is nothing stopping it, but the club probably wants to find another Sutcliffe type.

Fare the well Broady. Good bloke who always genuinely had time to talk to the fans. A really solid footballer, sadly injury took its toll.

Really sad. One of my favourite players over the last decade and a gun at his best.

Ultimately had his career ruined by injury after being so durable for so long. Shame he couldn't have gone out on his own terms.

I hope we can keep him on at SANFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he might of got 1 more year as a break glass in emergency.

Wish you all the best...

Hopefully watch you next year in the #1 Guernsey for port adelaide magpies..

Bit of a shame he just gets appended to the Beer Gut delisting email, he deserved better than that.

Anyway I guess it was time. A proper Port man.

Much love and all the best for the future Matty.

Pretty surprised he didn't get his own article on the website considering he was a Port man through and through, always loved watching Broady play, was a gun when he was in his prime and that kick was a weapon.

Hoping to see him in the Magpies, but maybe he's just decided he can't get the best out of his footy anymore and it's time to move on, all the best mate and hope it works out well for you.

Obviously a tough last couple of years for him injury and health wise, but made a significant and reliable contribution to the club over his journey. Having not seen any interviews or comments yet, be interesting to see if he plays on at a lower level - presumably given where he's been at moving away from footy will be refreshing for him. Good luck to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Farewell Matty Broadbent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back