Farren Ray requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Ray looks set to become very fine player if he gets opportunity and a full year under his belt. For the dogs he averaged 19.2 disposals a game and also had 23 in the qualifying final.

ray won't go back to WA>..he's a country boy so living in perth won't be a massive attraction- he is fairly keen to stay in vic.
a club like Melbourne, Essendon i've heard have already put in offers

That is the biggest load of crap, his manager is spewing to generate more interest.

The fact is he wants to come back to WA, Freo are in the prime position as they will offer more than West Coast for a trade.

The fact is he and his family are West Coast supporters.

So if he wants to go to West Coast he will have to nominate for the PSD,
and if does that all he has to do is name a large contract price and Melbourne wont be able to touch him.

So its a choice for him of Freo via trade or West Coast via PSD.

watch this space then mate- just cos your an eagles fan
you watch, he won't go home to WA before he sees if any vic clubs want him.

i was about to say he got 23 possys, then dropped for the semi final !!
dont have to be good to get 23 possessions, but if you get 23 posessions, you gotta do something good with them.

That is the biggest load of crap, his manager is spewing to generate more interest.

The fact is he wants to come back to WA, Freo are in the prime position as they will offer more than West Coast for a trade.

The fact is he and his family are West Coast supporters.

So if he wants to go to West Coast he will have to nominate for the PSD,
and if does that all he has to do is name a large contract price and Melbourne wont be able to touch him.

So its a choice for him of Freo via trade or West Coast via PSD.

i'm fairly certain that once you start playing for another AFL club you are no longer considered a west coast supporter.

i'm fairly certain that once you start playing for another AFL club you are no longer considered a west coast supporter.

That doesn't change who you supported before you where drafted, you would still be barracking for that team in every game except for the when your team played them.

Also tell that to the Van Berlo family who are still eagles members and go to every home game.

Even though there son will be next captain of Adelaide football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Lovett in a straight swap for Farren Ray.
Seems fairly equitable.

Seems reasonable and Essendon did say they wanted a first round pick for Lovett. Well Farren was one once.
So what you just said is Farren is not a first round draft pick. But rather, a former high draft pick who has yet to fulfil his potential. Michael Gardiner was a former #1 pick, John Meeson, Luke Brennan etc etc were all former first round picks as well. Would Essendon accept any of them?

Flaw in your logic.

Fwiw, I hope we get Farren. I remember watching him at WAFL slotting a goal from 50m+ on the run. A couple months later, he went 4th (or was it 5th?) in the national draft. Sounds unlikely we'll get him now given his preference to stay in Melbourne.

What's the news over there? Which eastern state club is likely to make an offer?

I think WCE and WB will come to an agreement as they have in the past. Most likely looking at swapping picks, or doccies might be keen on Jamie Graham or Mark Seaby. As for the uni thing, all courses are transferable, and the guy's a professional football player not a fulltime student.
WCE & WB certainly wont try to screw each other over, 2 years in a row of win/win scenarios between clubs. I would expect pick swapping given Ray wants to stay in Melb, unless we do look at Graham as a back-up CHB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Farren Ray requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back