Fastest 100 Metre Runner In the AFL OAT

Remove this Banner Ad

Barry Besanko played a few games for Essendon around 1980 after a very good career as a national level sprinter. Would have them all covered.
10.4 100m is quick.

Austin Robertson Senior was a world champion 100m runner.

Petruccelle is fast, wonder what he’d clock.

I reckon McCreery would be our fastest along with Crisp.
Never thought of Crisp as fast until that recent final where Frederick couldn't catch him

Paul Williams very early in his career had some jets

Has to be Gary Ablett snr though, no one ever caught him

Wojcinski
Deledio
Danger (young version)

Had serious wheels
I've never seen anyone run from end of the ground to the other as quickly as Aaron Davey. I remember seeing him just zip down the ground one day and thinking he could've legitimately been a professional sprinter.

With a football and evading tacklers guys like Wojcinski and Davey were lightning.

A flat out 100m sprint is a completely different beast. Someone like Danger with more power would be more suited to that.

James Walker won a couple of gf sprints, one by a lot.
He had serious wheels

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To watch some AFL in Sydney - i use to go to some of the Swans games at the SCG - this is say 25-30 years ago

And they had this little rover bloke - he might have been Indian or Pakistani - and the Swans supporters use to call him - Speedy Gonzales

To watch some AFL in Sydney - i use to go to some of the Swans games at the SCG - this is say 25-30 years ago

And they had this little rover bloke - he might have been Indian or Pakistani - and the Swans supporters use to call him - Speedy Gonzales
Jamie Lawson

Not a sprinter but Josh Hall from the early days of the suns was an international level high jumper.
PB 2.26m

Running?

Bloke did a complete triathlon including the swim leg.

its the ben cousins biathlon since there was no bike leg.

ben-420x0.jpg

Peter Matera was as quick as anybody I have seen.

Sean Rusling was running elite times in the 100m as a young lad .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fastest 100 Metre Runner In the AFL OAT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back