Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Our zone is shit though

West Coast and Freo will benefit the most.

Im all for academies but the solution is that everyone has access to them, the more players produced out of each academy the better but in particular the northern sides will then have a greater access to players wanting to return home. The current system allows them to simply have them and then they still complain when VIC, SA, WA players return to their home states ignoring the fact their locally grown players don't have the option of leaving their state in the first place.

2026, the first Tassie draft year.

Would be good to have a couple of tied players that year - Leys and Armstrong.

The first Tassie draft year is 2027.

In 2026, Tassie may have the ability to take players in the rookie draft though.

West Coast and Freo will benefit the most.

Im all for academies but the solution is that everyone has access to them, the more players produced out of each academy the better but in particular the northern sides will then have a greater access to players wanting to return home. The current system allows them to simply have them and then they still complain when VIC, SA, WA players return to their home states ignoring the fact their locally grown players don't have the option of leaving their state in the first place.
And they're talking about giving Norf the entire Northern Territory....

Zaydyn Lockwood's not even top 40 for Vic Country as he couldn't even get listed in the squad. I never understood the people who rush to Myer Boxing Day sales, Zamels 40% off sales til this thread. People are frothing over getting a discount so bad they're obsessed with Lockwood. Maybe I should set up a red carpet, some gold stanchions and velvet rope around my ex's old car still in the driveway, advertise it on here and sell it for triple price 🤔🙄🤭🤣

giphy (5).gif

Lockwood will be as useful as Pula Kumas reserves contract signing this year. At best a tick to shut Laura Kane up so her quest for AFL indigenous representation matches the NFL/ NBA.

Zaydyn Lockwood's not even top 40 for Vic Country as he couldn't even get listed in the squad. I never understood the people who rush to Myer Boxing Day sales, Zamels 40% off sales til this thread. People are frothing over getting a discount so bad they're obsessed with Lockwood. Maybe I should set up a red carpet, some gold stanchions and velvet rope around my ex's old car still in the driveway, advertise it on here and sell it for triple price 🤔🙄🤭🤣

View attachment 2050391

Lockwood will be as useful as Pula Kumas reserves contract signing this year. At best a tick to shut Laura Kane up so her quest for AFL indigenous representation matches the NFL/ NBA.
He was in the squad and played trial games. Didn't get in the team for the championship.

Some draft watchers had him in their top 40 before the champs based on his upside. Looks a project player who we might get as a Cat B rookie.

View attachment 2050391

Not everyone follows the under 18s closely. I just asked the question because I know nothing about him. Calm ya farm

Not everyone follows the under 18s closely. I just asked the question because I know nothing about him. Calm ya farm
If someone responds to your statement it would appear above like this! What I wrote is directed at no one in particular, just in general to all those who keep going on about him. He's not rated highly at all, not even top 7 kpd in Vic Country as he never made their squad. He's not Jy Simpkin, Mac Andrew, Jamara Ugle Hagan. No other teams recruiters even have him on their radar. It just proves what a bottomless pit waste of time and resources the NGA is for us that people are excited over Lockwood. Vic Meto, Vic Country, SA, WA and Allies: that's 5 rep teams each with squads of 36+ players that's 180 players either took part in the carnival or were emergencies that already have their noses ahead of Lockwood as every scout was watching them.

The fact he weighs as much as Steely Green whilst being Tom Lynches height doesn't bode well either as odds are his body would never be up to the rigours of AFL or break down if they tried to bulk him up.

Our zone is shit though
This has always interested me. 4 players made the AFL the year before we picked up the zone. Are we not investing enough compared to other Victorian clubs or are we just unlucky? I know the club does some fantastic work with the Muslim football community (we can thank Houli tenfold for that) but we haven’t fully received the benefits of that as of yet. On the right track though, few of the kids have made it to VFL level which is amazing early days.

This has always interested me. 4 players made the AFL the year before we picked up the zone. Are we not investing enough compared to other Victorian clubs or are we just unlucky? I know the club does some fantastic work with the Muslim football community (we can thank Houli tenfold for that) but we haven’t fully received the benefits of that as of yet. On the right track though, few of the kids have made it to VFL level which is amazing early days.
Think it’s just not a great area for players that fit the criteria to be academy listed

I had a family member via marriage part of the program and was very promising at one point but unfortunately he went of the rails

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2050391

more importantly is lockwood breeding yet ?

Louis Kellaway had 31 disposals, 10 clearances, 6 I50s for Sturt in the U18s over the weekend. They must be playing him on-ball rather than on the wing. See how he progresses for next years draft, hopefully shows a bit and builds out his frame.
would get just to call him louie

Louis Kellaway had 31 disposals, 10 clearances, 6 I50s for Sturt in the U18s over the weekend. They must be playing him on-ball rather than on the wing. See how he progresses for next years draft, hopefully shows a bit and builds out his frame.
Yes was named as ruck rover

Under-18
F: Thomas, Waltham, Molier
HF: Staker, Faddoul, S. White
C: Barker, Moody, Mennillo
HB: Kleeman, B. Thredgold, Dahlitz
B: Wilson, T. Thredgold, Nunan

R: Dodson, Kellaway, Ridley
INT: Lovell, Baker, Maher, Dohnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad