List Mgmt. Father / Son / Daughter Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's laid out in the AFL Rulebook. "If two clubs can both lay claim to the selection, the one which is not Adelaide shall receive priority."
At least he played for Adelaide.
After watching Open Mike a couple of months back I'm not sure if Wanganeen playing for Port was just a dream or not.

What do you mean by that?
You must have missed it.
The interview was all about Essendon. Port probably made up about 4 to 5% of it max.

Going to have to give more up to get good father/son picks now .......will cause some to not be picked up which defeats the purpose

I agree you have to pay a fair value .....but IMO the old system of matching a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick is preferred to the current point's system

Just disappointing :(

Going to have to give more up to get good father/son picks now .......will cause some to not be picked up which defeats the purpose

I agree you have to pay a fair value .....but IMO the old system of matching a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick is preferred to the current point's system

Yeah I'm all for academies having the points system, but father son should still be the matching 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.

Yeah I'm all for academies having the points system, but father son should still be the matching 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.
This is the key to me

Academy picks since they are only available to a select few should have to pay at or near market value

FS everyone theoretically has the same chance (now- assuming that GWS, GC have some kind of concession system in place) and any variation is luck of the draw so making it easier to have them play at the club should be allowed.

I think the current points system is quite good, but if its 15% discount for academy selections then make it maybe 25% for father son and even reduce academy discount to 10%

Its called the South Australia rule. It has been brought in specifically at the time we are likely to start having FS options. No-one in SA is surprised by this, how else are the big Vic clubs going to keep on stealing our best? It's been happening since the 1970's.

Was disappointed to hear that Ben is leaning towards Hawthorn for F/S next year. Fud has told him it's entirely his decision. I thought Darren was still working for the AFC in some capacity? AFC need to tighten their grip! A year is a long time in footy though I guess....not panic stations just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was disappointed to hear that Ben is leaning towards Hawthorn for F/S next year. Fud has told him it's entirely his decision. I thought Darren was still working for the AFC in some capacity? AFC need to tighten their grip! A year is a long time in footy though I guess....not panic stations just yet.

Where did you hear this?

You do know, Ben is part of the crows father son academy and Rory Sloane is a mentor to him one day a week.

Link, or troll?

Where did you hear this?

You do know, Ben is part of the crows father son academy and Rory Sloane is a mentor to him one day a week.
I wasn't aware of that (actually noticed Ben correcting Rory's spelling of the Jarman name on twitter though, tut tut Rory!). Heard via his current coach at NAFC

Its called the South Australia rule. It has been brought in specifically at the time we are likely to start having FS options. No-one in SA is surprised by this, how else are the big Vic clubs going to keep on stealing our best? It's been happening since the 1970's.
Sounds like the movie "Catch 22" where they kept moving the goalposts.

I know it's a success based decision, he's obviously (as mostly everyone is) pretty impressed by how well the Hawks are going and wants a part of it. Hopefully we can have a better season (than Hawthorn) in 2016. It could just be that simple (actually that sounds hard!). He's obviously fairly entrenched with the AFC already

I know it's a success based decision, he's obviously (as mostly everyone is) pretty impressed by how well the Hawks are going and wants a part of it. Hopefully we can have a better season (than Hawthorn) in 2016. It could just be that simple. He's obviously fairly entrenched with the AFC already

Or the NAFC coach dislikes the crows and is telling you a porkie pie.

Or you are a troll doing the same thing.

Fair enough point, can understand the scepticism but neither scenario applies. For those who follow Ben on Twitter his retweets are a fair illustration of what I've been told about where his head's at. Anyway, confident the Crows can have a good season and get his nod.

Fair enough point, can understand the scepticism but neither scenario applies. For those who follow Ben on Twitter his retweets are a fair illustration of what I've been told about where his head's at. Anyway, confident the Crows can have a good season and get his nod.

There's no indication either way from his Twitter. He appears to like/retweet plenty from both sides.

How good is he? Late pick or first round chance.

Hypothetically if he nominated the Hawks as a F/S but we bid on him at the draft could we still get a 20% discount?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Father / Son / Daughter Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back