Fav BigM's

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic FUIC sales YTD 600ml

2004 628,155
2005 870,105
2006 1,153,259

A lot of South Australians in Vic?

And the funniest thing is that it tastes exactly the same as all the other iced coffees on the market in Melbourne. Dare, Max, Big M, Farmers Union, they're all just sugar milk with a dash of instant coffee. Anyone that drinks that pizzle needs their heads read.

Give me Brownes Coffee Chill anyday, at least it actually tastes like coffee. Pity they don't sell it east of Cocklebiddy.

Chocolate and only Chocolate.

Poor kid, i'm guessing you have never tasted Farmers Union Iced Coffee. :(

That's the thing....I go over to Adelaide fairly regularly (about twice a year - my girlfriends family is over there), and my addiction to coffee chill means i'm always looking for an eastern states substitute. So I generally cave into the marketing hype surrounding Farmers Union. But it is -to put it bluntly- cats p1ss, and exactly the same as Masters Iced Coffee, Big M, Dare, Max, and almost every other iced coffee on the market. No real coffee taste, and what coffee there is in there clearly just coffee powder, and even that is competely overpowered by sugar.

I'm sure i'll try it again next time i'm over there in March, but I wouldn't hold out much hope that it's altered it's cats p1ss recipe. How about putting some real coffee in there, drop the sugar content to below 50% and you might have a decent iced coffee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn't had a Big M for ages as the local canteen where I work had a low-fat chocolate drink in stock (which wasn't bad actually).

But I went to a shop last week where they had the 600ml Big M Chocolate and forgotten how much I used to enjoy it. Still the best chocolate drink going around for my money. Never really been interested in the other Big M flavours.

Here's the 1986 TV Ad for the Choc-Mint Big M.

http://www.splatt.com.au/blog/video/1986_Big_M_Ad_Roo.wmv

Now that's a bad commercial, 1980s style.

They actually think VB is a good drop over there so I doubt the greatest range of milk, FU, would get a gig.

Vics are tasteless.

Farmers Union sells here, tastes exactly the same as IC - Strong Iced Coffee

Only South Australians would try and get defensive or act superior about "their" milk.

Way too much state pride going on over there.

Exactly. You put Farmers Union in a Big M box and no South Aussie would touch it.
No other person would touch it either.

A bit off topic here (sorry) but there was a short lived flavoured milk in late 90's-early 00's that had a blokes name, tasted like shyte which is why it lasted all of 6 months i'm guessing

The best chocolate-flavoured milk in the known universe used to be made by Kiewa Dairies, in north-eastern Victoria. The highlight of every trip I ever made north by car, was to stock up on this stuff on the way. It tasted like real chocolate flavouring in real milk. Unlike the ertsatz crap they peddle now.

Having looked them up in the local phone directory for the area, it would appear they're no longer in business. That'd be right. Invent a great product market it widely and watch yourself go broke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fav BigM's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back