fav type of music

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything that hasnt been released in this new age of music. I can't stand it.
My likings:
Rock
-RHCP
-Foo Fighters
-Sound Garden
-Faith no more
-GnR
-Nirvana
Metal
-Metallica pre 1990
-Slayer
-Ozzy and Sabbath
-70's + 80's etc..
Industrial
-Rammstein

Don't mind a bit of the good old oldies
-Hendrix
-The Doors
-Led Zeplin
-Some beatles
-Fleetwood Mac
-Pink Floyd
-The Police

Anything pre 2000. I just cant get into this new stuff like Nickleback, Powderfinger, and all other MMM commercial bands.

Originally posted by Bartholin Juice
You asked for "fav type of music" so that's what I posted.

I also like and listen to many other genres of music, but I wouldn't consider them favourites. And there are also other genres which I avoid. So the list of everything except for my "fav types of music" would have been longer than the list of my "fav types of music".

good point!!

i dont think ill ask stupid questions like that again

I'm not too sure what genre it would be classed as, but I mainly listen to bands like Zeke, Motorhead, REO Speedealer, Turbonegro, Hookers, Dwarves, Brothers of Conquest, Hellacopters etc. I guess they are mainly bands who are rooted in fast heavy old-school punk, but still know how to solo and have a Motorhead/Black Sabbath influence too.

In general I like bands with loud guitars and balls, whether it's a three chord punk song with attitude, or a flat-out heavy metal thrasher. Not to be confused with pop-punk, emo, screamo, nu-metal etc. which I can't stand.

The alternative music i like is the type that sounds like Radiohead, Muse and Tool etc..... To me they are what is meant by alternative.
The rock music I like is bands like Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc.....
The heavier music i like is more from the old school such as Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Metalica (first 4 albums)
Blues guitar like Stevie Ray Vauhan, John Lee Hooker

Hate pretty much all Hip Hop, Dance or Pop crap like Brittney Spears, Kylie Minogue etc. Hate all rap like Ja Rule. Just can't believe kids by this stuff.

Originally posted by Angus1
The alternative music i like is the type that sounds like Radiohead, Muse and Tool etc.....

Hate pretty much all Hip Hop, Dance or Pop crap like Brittney Spears, Kylie Minogue etc. Hate all rap like Ja Rule. Just can't believe kids by this stuff.

I personally can't believe that people buy Radiohead's crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*bad taste alert*

I like some of their stuff, but regardless of whether their music is my kind of thing, I have got to appreciate the fact that they craft songs and think about what they are doing instead of churning out tepid covers or vapid guitar pop.

Originally posted by Mog
I like some of their stuff, but regardless of whether their music is my kind of thing, I have got to appreciate the fact that they craft songs and think about what they are doing instead of churning out tepid covers or vapid guitar pop.

Sorry, Mog, but you misinterpret me - Eriiin said that she "couldn't believe that people buy Radiohead's crap". That indicates to me that she lacks taste.

I enjoy Radiohead as well, particularly their more recent and more experimental stuff.

Just mostly rock,in all it's forms and jazz.

Rap and hip hop isn't music its muzac designed for elevators and toilet cubicles.

Only rap cd I ever liked was Public Enemies-Fear Of A Black Planet.
Todays rap is complete and utter garbage.

Hip hop and Ja Rule have no connection whatsoever. To hate one form of music based on what you see/hear on commercial mediums is just wrong. It's like me saying 'I hate all rock like Killing Heidi'.

Sorry, Mog, but you misinterpret me - Eriiin said that she "couldn't believe that people buy Radiohead's crap". That indicates to me that she lacks taste.

I don't lack taste, it's just that our tastes in music are dissimilar. :p

I enjoy Radiohead as well, particularly their more recent and more experimental stuff.

I wasn't having a go at you, just worded it badly. Should have quoted the original post about it.

Originally posted by aesop
Hip hop and Ja Rule have no connection whatsoever. To hate one form of music based on what you see/hear on commercial mediums is just wrong. It's like me saying 'I hate all rock like Killing Heidi'.
Which part of
Hate all rap like Ja Rule.
did you think was related to hip hop?:confused:
Anyway if we all liked the same thing it would be a pretty boring world. My main beef is that only popish type music seems to get played on radio. At least where i live anyway.
An alternative/rock radio station in North East Victoria would be nice. ;)

Which part of did you think was related to hip hop?:confused:
Anyway if we all liked the same thing it would be a pretty boring world. My main beef is that only popish type music seems to get played on radio. At least where i live anyway.
An alternative/rock radio station in North East Victoria would be nice. ;)

What happened to 3NE?

Squeak said:

Yep Madness is my altime fav band.

Also into Tism and Hardcore Trance.

Remove this Banner Ad

fav type of music

Remove this Banner Ad

Back