Fave Cold Chisel Song

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaping Lindner said:
Just a pity that no Australian troops ever got within cooee of Khe Sahn during the Vietnam War.

In an interview on Musicmax back in 2001, Don Walker stated that he does not consider khe Sahm to be tha anthem many consider it to be. The song was inspired by two friends of Don's who were in Vietnam that he had chewed the fat with and written the song when he had an afternoon to kill. One of them was from Adelaide and caught up with the band during their 1998 reunion. He has since died. "If I had of imagined it would be seen or heard, I would have written it differently."

can't believe Forever Now hasn't got a mention yet. One of the greats.

Of course there are the usuals - Khe Sahn, Forever Now, Saturday Night, Flame Trees, Choir Girl, Star Hotel, You Got Nothing I want............ *drool* what a great band.

Bombers_Forever said:
Bow River.
Way down in the southwest of WA there is a place called Bow River and as we were driving along I saw a sign announcing it. As we drove back through I remarked to my ex- wife ''next thing you know we will be back in Bow River again'' :D

I nearly crashed I was laughing so hard.

There are so many I could choose from but to name a few:

Forever now
Flame Trees
Saturday Night
Breakfast at Sweethearts
When the War is Over (for sentimental reasons - the song played at the love of my lifes funeral)

Shipping Steel, with Home and Broken Hearted close second and Saturday Night third.

Too many great songs to mention.

Flame Trees was my all time favourite for sentimental reason but I really love Misfit.

Amazing how as a band they have written so many songs that capture peoples emotions.

Nothing better than standing around a pool table with good friends and with a jukebox blaring classic Aussie rock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fave Cold Chisel Song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back