Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Pacific Ale has to be up there with Coopers Vintage for me. I'm in Brisbane this weekend - are there any pubs there with Coopers Vintage on tap?

Beers that are better out of a can/bottle than off tap?

DrVanNostrand just mentioned Kosciuszko Pale Ale and I'd like to put up Hawkers IPA as a nomination for that as well. Would say very few beers fall into this category and I wonder whether it's not the actual beer itself but how it gets from keg to glass where the issues arise.

A mate had a carton of Little Creatures Pale Ale on the weekend and this is the new label (just a short term 15 year anniversary thing). Is it just me or does it make it look like some Aldi brand cheap beer?

574e59787d3df_little_creatures_1bksmb9-1bksmbo.jpg
That looks terrible.

250_298780261.png

Tried the Little Creatures Stout last night, thought it was pretty meh to be honest. I quite liked the Return of the Dread they did last year but found this didn't even really cut it as a dark ale (I assume they were going for a more sessionable stout with this). Quite disappointing.

It's quite like watching your old favourite player go on a season too long with these guys lately, you remember the good times and probably still rate them higher than an impartial supporter but the memories of the happy times are too ingrained to avoid watching/mentioning them altogether.

Beers that are better out of a can/bottle than off tap?

DrVanNostrand just mentioned Kosciuszko Pale Ale and I'd like to put up Hawkers IPA as a nomination for that as well. Would say very few beers fall into this category and I wonder whether it's not the actual beer itself but how it gets from keg to glass where the issues arise.

A mate had a carton of Little Creatures Pale Ale on the weekend and this is the new label (just a short term 15 year anniversary thing). Is it just me or does it make it look like some Aldi brand cheap beer?

574e59787d3df_little_creatures_1bksmb9-1bksmbo.jpg

I'll also second Little Creatures Pale Ale being better out of a stubbie. I've had it on tap at the local RSL a few times and it tastes like watered down shite.

Just arrived today Stronz. Last nightshift tonight so will be reporting back tomorrow night while watching the footy.:thumbsu:

I used to enjoy a morning shower beer after my last nightshift in a block!

Don't have to do them anymore, miss them in a masochistic way.

I used to enjoy a morning shower beer after my last nightshift in a block!

Don't have to do them anymore, miss them in a masochistic way.
One of the joys of finishing a block of 12 hour nights. A good breakfast beer and bacon and egg roll on a nice sunny morning.

What the hell couldnt wait until tonight. Bit hard to explain this stout. Very nice. Creamy. Definately a hit of coffee. But not harsh. Sort of like drinking a mixture of guinness and your favourite iced coffee. Is it a novelty? I'll have the other three and decide. 20160812_083129.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After analysing your hands I'm not sold on the shift worker story ;)
Yeah well i sit behind about 30 screens on my arse operating an iron ore processing plant. I can vouch for the shift work with travel is about a 14 hour day. Good beer and trying to find the perfect beer is a bit of an escape :p.

Tried this one from a brewery
in Semaphore Adelaide. Meant to be a stout tasting like the old Golden Gaytime icecream. Not bad not bad. Bit sweet for my liking. 20160818_161446.jpg

Yeah well i sit behind about 30 screens on my arse operating an iron ore processing plant. I can vouch for the shift work with travel is about a 14 hour day. Good beer and trying to find the perfect beer is a bit of an escape :p.

Tried this one from a brewery
in Semaphore Adelaide. Meant to be a stout tasting like the old Golden Gaytime icecream. Not bad not bad. Bit sweet for my liking.View attachment 278128

I find Golden Stout Time a bit too sweet for my tastes as well, but a lot of people really love it. I really enjoy their Californicator IPA.

In Tassie for a long weekend. So far the Hobart Brewing Company and Shambles Brewery offering some great beer!!

Any cellar recommendations in Hobart (pretty sure we are already visiting every possible brewery in the Hobart vicinity)

Hey craigos.

Thinking about buying a mixed case from your site.

Are there any plans to offer anything but: a sessionable case, an ale case, an intro case and a Hawkers case?

I enjoy all types of beer really, and want to buy something with some lagers, some pale ales, some stouts and other dark beers, and some more unusual stuff as well.

Cheers.

Check out Pirate Life's beers if you haven't already. One of the co-founders used to work at Little Creatures, and both of them did stints at Brewdog. They're both Perth boys but they established their brewery in Adelaide for logistical reasons. They are churning out some of the greatest beer in the country now, absolutely world class hoppy ales.
Bought a six pack of the IPAs the other night, still have three left. The look of it is really nice. I had the dark blue cans a few months ago as well (the regular pale ale?) and they were pretty strong and not like the overly fruity, heavy, or boring/nothingy pales that are churned out constantly these days.

Pirate Life also have nice looking and feeling cans too. Pity about the lame name.

Is it the double IPA that are $12 a can? When I quit my job the first thing I'm doing is chucking down a couple of those.

Hey craigos.

Thinking about buying a mixed case from your site.

Are there any plans to offer anything but: a sessionable case, an ale case, an intro case and a Hawkers case?

I enjoy all types of beer really, and want to buy something with some lagers, some pale ales, some stouts and other dark beers, and some more unusual stuff as well.

Cheers.

Hey! There sure is, to be honest I haven't had time to get out and buy new beers lately due to my "proper" job. Am hoping to introduce a new range of mixed packs but the big killer is our site doesn't allow people to make their own mixed cases (frustratingly limited the site is but crazy expensive to build what I'd like).

There is usually a pack called Mix N Mash which is bits of every style and I'm not sure why that isn't up at the moment (assuming its gone into negative stock) but will check and report back when I get home. If you come across any good local beers or have any suggestions to improve what we offer shout out (goes for all of you). There is a lot I would like to do different but again, outlaying 10K on a website isn't a smart business move until we have a physical store to partner it. Especially considering there seems to be a new online craft beer site pop up every other week lately!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back