Favourite James Hird moment...

Remove this Banner Ad

Boris_Bewick said:
Round 2 2004 vs St Kilda

Kept us alive (again) for that match, one particular highlight when 20 metres out from goal, the ball was ther to be won and Lenny Hayes was about to grab it, Hird slid in under Hayes out of the tackle, got up in one step and snapped through the goal.

Pure brilliance

I dont think we were kept alive in that match tho. From memeory we lost by 42 odd points

Edit: 34 i was close

jules101 said:
yeah that or when he kicked 5 against collingwood on anzac day which included 2 or 3 absolute rippers.

Yeah, alot of Snaps, and one I loved, running into the forward 50 surrounded by a pack ok players, bending down to pick up the ball, while still pretty much bent over nose over the ball, kicks a goal from just inside 50.

WC Game in 2004, the game, the last quarter, the goal, the hug.
And a game that I was at the Elimination final again Melbourne, where he was smashed by Matthew Wealan, and the way Jim played out the game, the hand one handed mard, holding the ball as the siren went.

DonsRule said:
Yeah, alot of Snaps, and one I loved, running into the forward 50 surrounded by a pack ok players, bending down to pick up the ball, while still pretty much bent over nose over the ball, kicks a goal from just inside 50.

WC Game in 2004, the game, the last quarter, the goal, the hug.
And a game that I was at the Elimination final again Melbourne, where he was smashed by Matthew Wealan, and the way Jim played out the game, the hand one handed mard, holding the ball as the siren went.

Yeah forgot bout that 1 but it was good too :)

djharps said:
if so.. i would travel to essendons training (believe me i dont live near windy hill) to watch the great man.. he has to stick around the club.. but i think he will opt for the family lifestyle but o'donnel and the likes around the club who demanded success when there were playing cannot be a bad thing, btw love to see harvey back at the club.. really sad to see him leave but i suppose he wanted the head role

I think he wanted a Head Job... :D :D

well, i have one weird one against sydney in the prelim final in 96, (i think) the one we lost by a point after plugga slotted it through.. anyway hirdy went up for a mark in the dying minutes, he got the first touch at the top of the pack, then he fell to the bottom of the pack, and took it after nobody touched it... how it wasn't payed i will never no, and i still ponder what could have been had that mark been payed. we could of been in the 96 granny.

my other would also have to be that game against west coast a few years ago. he was absolutely dominating, one of the best individual performances i have ever seen, especially after the pressure he was under after giving mclaren a spray.... to then give that bloke a hug after kicking that rip snorter from the pocket, well that was a moment i won't forget... capped off by the toyota adds we now see

Remove this Banner Ad

Favourite James Hird moment...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back