Favourite Player?

Remove this Banner Ad

1 vote - Bakes
2 votes - 'Don' Michael Gardiner
3 votes - Stevie Milne.

As you can see I love the players who, while not the most talented, are happy to talk alot of smack. I love watching Milney chat to the opposition Cheer Squad after a nice goal. The game against the Pies was brilliant hehehe :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Keep it up Milne-Dog!!!

A lot of love for Lenny in this thread.:thumbsu:

Others have been saying their fave past players and mine is Trevor Barker. Made me into a Saints supporter the day I saw him take a hanger on some poor sap when I was a kid.

Harves of course, Buckets and I was a big rap for Aussie Jones.

A lot of love for Lenny in this thread.:thumbsu:

Others have been saying their fave past players and mine is Trevor Barker. Made me into a Saints supporter the day I saw him take a hanger on some poor sap when I was a kid.

Harves of course, Buckets and I was a big rap for Aussie Jones.
Saw Barkers first game on the MCG playing half forward flank against the Dees when there was only the one game going on in the little league, not like today when there are about 10 games going on. He stood out even then.So big wrap for Barks, but Cuz for me as past player.

Saw Barkers first game on the MCG playing half forward flank against the Dees when there was only the one game going on in the little league, not like today when there are about 10 games going on. He stood out even then.So big wrap for Barks, but Cuz for me as past player.

ALL TIME

LOCKETT, HARVEY, BARKER

CURRENT

HAYES (then daylight) GILBERT, FISHER

Brendan Goddard - has the potential to be the best player in the AFL I reckon. Big call I know, but when you think about it, there are very few players who can dominate at all 3 parts of the ground.

Backline - one of the best rebounds in the AFL and does clean up the crap that comes into our D50 from time to time.

Midfield - one of the best kicks in the AFL, racks up alot of possessions and can be very, very, very damaging if left unattended.

Forward - has the ability to kick 4-5 goals in a game if left up forward long enough. Good set shot and has a good eye for the pillers.

My boyhood inspiration was Daryl Baldock, I loved that guy. I dreamt of having his skill and courage and using it for the forces of good like he did.
My next man crush was Trevor Barker. He was inspirational and it was such a tragedy that he passed away so young. I also had a bit of a man crush on the bearded one, Jeff Dunne, whose run out of defence was about the only positive for us at times. I almost forgot Plugger. He was a massive unit who was superskilled and just a once in a generation player. Killed me to see him play for someone else. Robert Harvey was the man crush of all man crushes and anyone who witnessed his whole career can only appreciate just how tragic it was that the Saints did not win the premiership while he played for us. I met Aaron Hamill a couple of times and he was such a genuine person I couldn't help but admire him too.

Out of the current players, there's been a special thing for myself, my wife and our joint love for Milney, but the one I hold dearest at the moment is the big red bull, Brendan Goddard. I love his skill, and his passion. Riewold might be a better player and Lenny might have more heart, but Goddard is my favourite.

past:
1. harvey
2. hudghton
3. aussie jones

present
1. LENNY
2. montagna
3. fisher

all 6 severely underrated in the context of the afl. a couple (jones, hayes) underrated a lot by saints fans

past:
1. harvey
2. hudghton
3. aussie jones

present
1. LENNY
2. montagna
3. fisher

all 6 severely underrated in the context of the afl. a couple (jones, hayes) underrated a lot by saints fans
I think this thread proves that LenDog has a LOT of fans here.

hayes for his never say die attitude

dawson because he needs a little love.. love it when he gives guys like hall a flogging when hes half their size

kosi... guy can do seriously amazing stuff just needs ppl to believe in him so he can believe in himself

jones... west aussie.... need i say more? lol

milne/bakes.... because every one else in the afl wants to kill them... and they just absolutely love it :)

personally i dont think i favour any player because they all bring some thing to the table personality.. game style... phsyicality etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this thread proves that LenDog has a LOT of fans here.
Absolutely! One of my friends, who's a big Essendon fan, asked me in the pre-season who my favourite Saints player is. I didn't have to think for a moment before saying Lenny. She was really suprised it wasn't Roo, and even more suprised when I told her that I reckoned Lenny was the most loved player by genuine Saints fans who know the whole team.

He's the nicest, most sincere and down to earth guy one could wish to meet; I've never heard a bad word said about him. He's a genuine superstar of the league and is a genuine credit to the game, and the Saints in particular, in every way possible.

I :heart: Lenny

Like many of you I am also a big Lenny Hayes fan. Below is an excerpt of an article that I prepared on St Kilda's champion midfielder Hayes:

During the 2009 season Hayes had 16 goal assists, easily ahead of the following midfielders, Cooney 10, O’Keefe 12, Deledio 11 and Didak 13. Ablett and Pendlebury were level with Hayes on 16. Although Hayes is universally praised for his tenacity, consistency, leadership and courage, for some reason he doesn’t seem to get as much credit as most of the players mentioned above for how effective and damaging his disposals are.

One of my most vivid memories of St Kilda’s 2009 season doesn’t involve a kick, mark or handball but rather Hayes performing a one percenter and knocking the ball on to a teammates advantage. It was the Anzac Day eve match between St Kilda and Port Adelaide at AAMI stadium. The ball was loose between Lenny Hayes who at 186 cm and 85 kilograms dived full-length to knock the ball on to a teammate before the considerably larger Dean Brogan at 200cm and 100 kilograms could reach it. It was typical Hayes, whilst this play was not flashy it was still brilliant, memorable and got the job done for his beloved St Kilda team with scant regard for his own well being.

Lenny Hayes won the Peter Badcoe Medal that night for the player whose conduct and play during the game best exemplifies the Anzac spirit, displaying skill, courage in adversity, self sacrifice, teamwork and fair play. The medal was well deserved and very fitting because if you were going to war you would want Lenny Hayes at your side.

To read the rest of the article go to:

http://truesainters.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/lenny-hayes-the-barometer-of-st-kilda/

Stewie Loewe,Kosi,Plugger all favs . Definately a fan of big marking forwards .

The reason Dal Santo is my favourite is because how smooth he is with the ball, when he has it it looks like he has all the time in the world. Doesnt rush his possesions.. I also really like Hayes, Montagna, Goddard, Gram, Fisher and Roo..

Remove this Banner Ad

Favourite Player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back