1. Can't see us finishing any higher than 14th
2. Dean Laidley is still our coach
3. In 5 years time we will be relocating to Gold Coast
4. Our marketing department is crap
5. Graham Duff is still our president
6. Even the Bulldogs have more members than us now
7. Our new CEO will be a reject from Richmond

Other than that, things are just great.
Maybe you should be on suicide watch. Get a grip.

I'm feeling very negative, why you ask?

Back to your cell

Can't believe all the crap I am reading here.

So you all honestly think we will make the 8 next year, have a look through the sides that made the 8 this year, they have more experience, have a superior list and are also better coached, I will tell you again, we will NOT finish above 14th next year, we are NOT a top 8 side.

And all this dribble about us not going to the Gold Coast, the AFL, the 15 other clubs and even some of our board members want us relocated, in 5 years time, we WILL be the Gold Coast Roos, I know you are all diehard supporters who love this club, and I do to, but you need to get out the clouds and face reality.

You a ********ing tool PortPhillip.

You have started about 10 threads on North - all of them have either been predictions of doom, superficial pot shots at the club, coach and players or negative hyotheticals regarding the club.

What kinds of a person comes on to a footy site, registers and never even approaches any real discussion on the actual team?

There are only two answers:

A. Either a troll from another club dressing themself up as a North supporter

B. A complete ********wit.

******** off.

Can't believe all the crap I am reading here.

So you all honestly think we will make the 8 next year, have a look through the sides that made the 8 this year, they have more experience, have a superior list and are also better coached, I will tell you again, we will NOT finish above 14th next year, we are NOT a top 8 side.

And all this dribble about us not going to the Gold Coast, the AFL, the 15 other clubs and even some of our board members want us relocated, in 5 years time, we WILL be the Gold Coast Roos, I know you are all diehard supporters who love this club, and I do to, but you need to get out the clouds and face reality.

Yeah, but what are you going to do about it? Have a cry and a whinge? Vent a little on BigFooty? I don't have much of a problem with that.

But are you going to buy a membership? I hope so.
Are you going to go to the games and cheer the boys through a tough period? I hope so.
Are you going to keep the faith that things can, and will, turn around? Please do.

Things from your viewpoint do look very grim, but football is nothing without faith.

Oh, and for whatever it's worth, I think some of the responses to you have been a bit harsh. But by the same token, we've had a sh(t year, but after the drafts, I think that for the first time in a long time, fans are starting to feel a bit more optimistic. With that in mind, it's probably understandable that some are going to give you a thorough kicking.

Yeah, but what are you going to do about it? Have a cry and a whinge? Vent a little on BigFooty? I don't have much of a problem with that.

But are you going to buy a membership? I hope so.
Are you going to go to the games and cheer the boys through a tough period? I hope so.
Are you going to keep the faith that things can, and will, turn around? Please do.

Things from your viewpoint do look very grim, but football is nothing without faith.

Oh, and for whatever it's worth, I think some of the responses to you have been a bit harsh. But by the same token, we've had a sh(t year, but after the drafts, I think that for the first time in a long time, fans are starting to feel a bit more optimistic. With that in mind, it's probably understandable that some are going to give you a thorough kicking.

Yep, have already bought membership and reserve seat (so have my family), will be going to every game, just very very concerned with where the club is headed, can't see how we are not going to be forced to the Gold Coast.

You a ********ing tool PortPhillip.

You have started about 10 threads on North - all of them have either been predictions of doom, superficial pot shots at the club, coach and players or negative hyotheticals regarding the club.

What kinds of a person comes on to a footy site, registers and never even approaches any real discussion on the actual team?

There are only two answers:

A. Either a troll from another club dressing themself up as a North supporter

B. A complete ********wit.

******** off.
very harsh, you need to step back and use your head, not your heart.

I think considering the viterole that has been vented at PortPhillip that there may be a bit of truth that we'd all like to deny in each of those statements he made.

In any case, I can definately agree with one thing which is that we have no hope of getting into the top 8 this year.

just very very concerned with where the club is headed, can't see how we are not going to be forced to the Gold Coast.

Well, all we can do as fans is to buy memberships, attend games, and help the club in fundraising. The worst thing you can do is to do nothing.

If we do go to the Gold Coast, then you do what's best for yourself. Some like myself will give up AFL football, others will switch clubs, whilst the rest will follow the club to the Gold Coast.

very harsh, you need to step back and use your head, not your heart.

No - you need to use your head.

You made a whole lot of doom and gloom statements in the first post without any explanation. Why won't we finish higher than 14th? Why will we be permanently in the GC in 5 years? Why do you hate Duff? What don't you like about Brayshaw (do you know anything about him)?

If you have no real basis to your opinions, your are just stirring the pot. Stirring the pot of the club you claim to love.

Just like you have in the other 10 or so threads you started about North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No - you need to use your head.

You made a whole lot of doom and gloom statements in the first post without any explanation. Why won't we finish higher than 14th? Why will we be permanently in the GC in 5 years? Why do you hate Duff? What don't you like about Brayshaw (do you know anything about him)?

If you have no real basis to your opinions, your are just stirring the pot. Stirring the pot of the club you claim to love.

Just like you have in the other 10 or so threads you started about North.

Agree with you there Zebra

It's most UN North Melbourne like to roll over and die PortPhillip, just because the drums are beating. The odds have always been against us and we've still managed to stand at the very top of the AFL heap...........four times in our lifetime, and been near enough to the top many many more times than that.

Glass half empty views are ones I usually ignore, as they serve little purpose IMHO, but yours is so all encompassing that of course it's going to get the backs up of the more positive thinkers amongst us.

I honestly thought I was reading a piece from Caro. Come on mate, as much as there's some disturbingly negative mountains for us to climb, it's not THAT bad. Chatting to the new players recently, and the old stagers still there too, I couldn't be more optimistic myself. I don't assume we'll be definites to make the top 8 next year, but I'm bloody hopeful.

Maybe one day we will relocate to the Gold Coast (who knows???) but it certainly won't be anytime soon. Not one thing has been said by a person who actually matters to suggest otherwise. Don't believe the relocation agenda spruikers like Caro FFS.

Hang in there champ! These are exciting times IMO. To admit defeat is just not on in this passionate family of NMFC devotees.

Ok so you aired your worries, fine, but if I were you I'd reserve judgment in a totalitarian sense till the end of the 2007 season.

In the meantime the club needs SUPPORT (including Laids, who's far from everyone's cup of tea).........not this white flag waving rubbish!

Go Roos, and we will NOT finish below 13th in 2007. That I am very positive of.

Cheers

T'toes

Hmmm...conspiracy theory # 248

Has anyone ever seen PortPhililp & MightyMax in the room at the same time?

A couple of whacky, happy go lucky funsters those 2 guys!

Yeah, the same types that vote Liberal, write letters to the Hun, listen to Cliff Richard and should be supporting Richmond.

Negativity is fine, but to get any respect and to not come out of it looking like a moaning clown, you have to have some reasons for these feelings. You might think we will finish 14th, but at least throw a few reasons around as to why this might occur.

A big list of whinges is just a waste of time.

I'm feeling very negative, why you ask?

You look to be a very optimistic man.....

My only negativity is that the supporters have no say in what ultimately happens with the club. On-field I think we can have a good year if we play well. I think we need to sort out the structure of the club, this whole corporate structure stinks and it is the only reason why there is even a threat that we are at risk of moving to the Gold Coast.

That structure was put in place to safeguard the club yet nobody feels safe, people have sold out the club before and by the sound of it are considering it again.

Something must be done, this issue would be a significant hurdle in us being able to retain passionate supporters and members.

What don't you like about Brayshaw (do you know anything about him)?

Can't wait for Brayshaw to take over! He could do wonders for the club. Why has anybody got anything negative to say about him. He could be the answer to our money problems!

Can't wait for Brayshaw to take over! He could do wonders for the club. Why has anybody got anything negative to say about him. He could be the answer to our money problems!
Considering atm we have nobody, why would someone with experience in the job and not a bad track record be scoffed at? Hey i don't like the tiges either but doesn't mean brayshaw is hopeless.
Does anyone think pies fans are saying "Geoff Walsh from the roos, oh no this is the end". If indeed we end up with him, good luck and do a job for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Feeling very negative

Remove this Banner Ad

Back