Fev- Sportsmanship

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
-
fev cops a lot on here about his sooking and what not so i thought it would be worth a thread to acknowledge some sportsmanship,

apparently he called slattery last night making sure he was okay after he was knocked out for a good 10 minutes,

well done fev

fev cops a lot on here about his sooking and what not so i thought it would be worth a thread to acknowledge some sportsmanship,

apparently he called slattery last night making sure he was okay after he was knocked out for a good 10 minutes,

well done fev

showed good team ethic last week when he fetched the match ball for scotlands 150th (media were ready to jump down his throat thinking he just wanted the ball for his 8 goals)

Good on him for calling, Slatts...was a nasty knock. Quite brave of the lad to run back into the pack.

Any normal person would have done the same. Don't see why we need to praise Fevola for this, he didn't do anything special.

He didn't do anything special? Fair crack of the whip, he does not have to call anyoine, it was a sickening accident, and Fev truely felt guilt, you could see him looking at the poor kid on the ground. Whilst the rest of the team were huddled he stayed there. Praise where Praise is due! It is fantastic that he called!

well done fev

Good posting

And well done Fev - great sportmanship.

I remember watching training once and Fev had a shot for goal which accidently hit a young kid on the head - Fev ran in from the centre to see how the kid was doing, and gave him a football. After that, I thought the kid wanted to be hit again.

Good to hear that Slattery was talking with his teammates last night, that collosion was sickening to watch (broken cheek bone ain't fun, but at least it isn't a broken neck or something).

Any normal person would have done the same. Don't see why we need to praise Fevola for this, he didn't do anything special.

Normal people chase and tackle also but when Fev does it he gets a Article in the Sun and Tim Lane and Robert Walls singing his praises

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't do anything special? Fair crack of the whip, he does not have to call anyoine, it was a sickening accident, and Fev truely felt guilt, you could see him looking at the poor kid on the ground. Whilst the rest of the team were huddled he stayed there. Praise where Praise is due! It is fantastic that he called!

He didn't feel any guilt and nor should he.

If you heard his interview on the radio you would have noted that he said the kid got in the way and that's football. It is exactly sums it up.

Having said that he is a good bloke and called to see if he was ok.

Still thought him tackling Fletcher to the ground when he clearly rushed a point and the game was done and dusted late was a dog act.

Nothing wrong with that, just releasing some anger as he knew he'd lost the match. Fletch got up a bit gingerly but no harm was done, and I think Fletch was looking for a kick instead of conceding a behind when Fev first got hold of him anyway.

Nice gesture but given he was quite reckless in the fact that he was nowhere near the ball, shouldn't this be expected from anyone?

This goes on all the time without accolades.

So what were Fevola, Fletcher & Slattery doing if they were no where near the ball?

You might want to watch it again.

So what were Fevola, Fletcher & Slattery doing if they were no where near the ball?

You might want to watch it again.
He jumped, smacked his knee into his head and didn't get close to the ball. It was careless.

I don't blame Fev for it, he merely misjudged it. But that doesn't stop it being careless

Bloody awful feeling knocking someone out cold, at least this shows Fev is human after all... even if he has a pea sized brain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev- Sportsmanship

Remove this Banner Ad

Back