Fevola Deal Done

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent deal under the circumstances, as far as I'm concerned.

To those disappointed that Fevola is gone, I hope you understand that this had to be done. Hopefully the full story can eventually be told, without legal repercussions, so you can make your own decision.

You've got two choices at this point, get behind those who have done the right thing by our club ie it's remaining players and officials; or alternatively purchase yourself a Lions membership.

Carlton FC... Take a Stand. Not a Stumble.

IMO Carlton have gained respect for kicking him out the door, hard decision that they made seemingly on there own without any AFL external pressure. The trade itself isnt too far of the mark if you wanted to trade him without the baggage anyway so its a win win for Brisbane/Carlton and Carltons respect in the league.

Should have solidified your backline yes?

Dont need gun forwards to win a premiership, just a couple of decent hard working tryers.

Funny thing about Potential. I could Potentially have a threesome with Megan Fox and Jessica Biel, but it probably won't happen.

Parrot I agree but perhaps we'll go for an experienced forward in the PSD. Maybe Robbo on match payments as insurance.

Yep, given what's happened now, that idea definitely has some merit. Good idea. My real fear over the original deal was not only were we going to get shafted but we also would have stuffed our future up which would have been even more distressing. :)

I know he's left the club under a cloud etc etc, but he has been a loyal servant to the club in very difficult times and has left us with some fantastic memories. Is it too early for someone to start a Fevola tribute thread, to thank him and let everyone recall their favourite Fevola moments?

I have never seen anybody say anything positive about Henderson. Now he's at our club and suddenly he's our saviour. Whatever

You should clean your ears out then and look at the world beyond your own club more often.

Carlton have done well here. :(

Brisbane, the new Fremantle.

They better win the flag in the next year or so, or they'll be down the gurgler for a long tome.

I was laughing at Carlton when the Bradshaw/Risky deal was on the table - now Carlton are laughing. I know Voss is no Rhodes scholar, but the Carlton people must be pretty good at negotiation. I reckon you would have just about taken anything for Fev if it came to the crunch.

I hate to say it, but well done Blues.

I know he's left the club under a cloud etc etc, but he has been a loyal servant to the club in very difficult times and has left us with some fantastic memories. Is it too early for someone to start a Fevola tribute thread, to thank him and let everyone recall their favourite Fevola moments?

Wouldn't sau that, he has let us down too any times. I agree with the rest though.

To all who are upset about the trade check out the Brisbane trade thread

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642262&page=11

They are not happy!

Funny thing about Potential. I could Potentially have a threesome with Megan Fox and Jessica Biel, but it probably won't happen.
There are daydreams and there is being realistic
This trade will make us play a modern brand of multi-dimensional football where we will need to be fast skilled and disciplined
Maybe the best thing to help us win a flag possible
Get excited about the potential we have now!.
Forget what we lost and look to where we are going!

Much smarter deal for the future than the Bradshaw and Riscitelli deal was going to be.

Henderson has a huge potential and pick 12 pretty much equals Brock Mclean (who I believe is under rated).

In saying this you have lost Fev which in the short term will suck but long term is also a good thing.

You may go backwards next year but come 2011/2012 you will ahead of where you could have been imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Fev had to go which i believe this is the case, then this is the best possible outcome. Henderson has big wraps on him and if it wasnt for Brown and Bradshaw would've played more games for Brisbane as a forward.

We've essentially gained a ten year player for a champion with 3-4 years of his prime left. Don't worry about the backline this bloke is going straight to the Forward line with Kruezer in a Kosi/Riewoldt type of set up and Waite will still be the swing man.

Long term and provided that this bloke lives up to his potential we have got ourselves a ripper deal here. Think about this for a second Judd and Waite are now our oldest star players, both are 26!!! My faith in Swann has been restored i almost lost it yesterday!

Anyone reading Browndog and other brisbane supporters on here rate Henderson hugely..They were saying no chance of him being involved. I'm over the moon with him coming

I'm gutted.

Henderson is quality guys. Serious quality. I honestly think you've just got a 10+year Daniel Bradshaw. Can play forward and back.

I didn't want Pick 12 or Henderson being aprt of the deal, you've got both.

Exactly how I would have described Henderson TBD.
Absolutely stoked that this deal has got through. We've got a young KP prospect with 15 games under his belt, and he can play forward and back.

We are also back into the 1st round of the draft, where we could quite easily secure a Butcher or Carlisle.

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

HAHAHA at all the carlton supporters thinking you got a nice deal.... you guys got SCREWED how does it feel? Henderson is a prospect that cant even get a game and pick 12 is an unproven kid?? are you guys serious FEV is the best full forward in the league how many goals you kicking next year?? By the time Henderson or pick 12 even become decent players Judd is on the way out and there goes that window of opportunity!!! LOL nice one boys... Looking forward to see Fev rematch next year, such a promising backline you should keep Fev brown and Bradshaw pretty quiet :thumbsdown:

Parrot I agree but perhaps we'll go for an experienced forward in the PSD. Maybe Robbo on match payments as insurance.

Wouldn't mind that at all. Reckon Robbo would be pretty good in our forward line next year. Could quite easily get 30 goals out of him in 2010.

HAHAHA at all the carlton supporters thinking you got a nice deal.... you guys got SCREWED how does it feel? Henderson is a prospect that cant even get a game and pick 12 is an unproven kid?? are you guys serious FEV is the best full forward in the league how many goals you kicking next year?? By the time Henderson or pick 12 even become decent players Judd is on the way out and there goes that window of opportunity!!! LOL nice one boys... Looking forward to see Fev rematch next year, such a promising backline you should keep Fev brown and Bradshaw pretty quiet :thumbsdown:

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Fev had to go, I think our boys did a reasonable job in the end. We were never gonna get a perfect return for him from anyone. Your supporters are the last people that should be bagging us about draft selections!

Go and post that on the Brisbane Board, and see how you go. Every Brisbane supporter rate Henderson very highly, and #12 could also land us another KP prospect. In the meantime, we can use Kreuzer at FF, Waite up there as well, and I suspect Henderson will play a part up there as well.

You worry about your own club champ. It's a long way back from 15th.

How does it feel following such a shit insignificant club like Richmond?

Worry about your own pathetic trade efforts before bagging ours :thumbsu:

Perhaps you can use your 1st round pick to pick up another garbage player like Tambling or Oakley-Nicholls?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola Deal Done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back