Fevola rejects contract...

Remove this Banner Ad

Just relax guys, he will sign.

It would be the same for me and you, just trying to get the maximum possible, while Carlton would be trying to get the minimum.

Carlton offer him one deal, he rejects, we offer him another deal and so forth.

He will sign.

Rain, hail or shine Fev will kick nine today.

It is his last big contract of his career so he needs to earn mega dollars.

I reckon we should offer him 4 years and $2.8m.

I am sure he is upset with only a 3 year deal and as such wants more cash.

He is an absolute super star and every week we don't sign him the more his price goes up.

Imagine he kicks 8 tomorrow

Based on Fevola's history, l don't see any club offering him a four year deal, we all know he is a quality player however based on his past history 3 years and $650 p.a is about right, people have very short memories yes he has had some quality games this year, but repuation is earn over a period of time not just ten weeks of this season, to expect a four year deal and earn $800k p.a, performances need to be at a elite level over three to five years not just 10-12 of this season, Fevola's history has been of many high/lows in performance levels.

If you have a good look at Geelong which is the measure right now they have about 12-15 elite players, they are obiviously not paying all these players market price for one reason team success is more important than the individual, maybe Fevola should have a closer look at them.

Don't you learn?
This idiot from the Herald Sun has new stories about Fev's contract every week.
A month ago it was a 3 year deal worth 2.5m and it was a done deal... now look what it has transformed into.
Ignore the twat.

Fev is not worth 2m for three years. The guy has constantly let Carlton and his team down. There is a reason he is not in the leaderhip group. Personally i would love it if we traded Fev for Josh Kennedy.

Fev is being greedy if this is true, he owes Carlton a lot we have looked after him, stood by him and put up with all his shit. I for one am pretty pissed of that he is holding our club to ransom. We have a few kids that we need to sign up as well, this is typical of him thinking about himself as usual. He is still getting good money it's not like the Blues have told him to take a pay cut. Sign the ____ing contract Fev if you don't you are just a idiot.

I'll start by saying that Fevola has been my favourite player since I was watching him trot around Princes Part in blue boots (they were more of a novelty then) in his first season in the due kickers.

IF this article is based on fact, he can get stuffed. He owes the shirt on his back to the Carlton Football Club. He'd probably be on welfare if he couldn't play and he'd certainly be washed up talent if it wasn't for Carlton's over the top faith in him.

He needs a reality check, because there is NO DOUBT he was on the way out come seasons end. If he wants to play hardball, i'll take the draft picks.

I'll start by saying that Fevola has been my favourite player since I was watching him trot around Princes Part in blue boots (they were more of a novelty then) in his first season in the due kickers.

IF this article is based on fact, he can get stuffed. He owes the shirt on his back to the Carlton Football Club. He'd probably be on welfare if he couldn't play and he'd certainly be washed up talent if it wasn't for Carlton's over the top faith in him.

He needs a reality check, because there is NO DOUBT he was on the way out come seasons end. If he wants to play hardball, i'll take the draft picks.

If he wants to turn down a 200,000 bonus than he is a goose. plus 2 million over three years seriously fev what more do you want you FU***** idiot

You are nowhere near the caliber of chris judd. Why do we always have to squeeze money out of the clubs arse for players that want way to much, I'm not even sure if fev has stated anywhere what he wants from the club.

I am seriously starting to think fev wants out ???

in the article it says something about pratt meeting with fev and hes wife .

if thats what we have to do to get hes signature than surely he is not worthy of a 3 yr deal worth 2 million dollars with a 200,000 sweetner for being "good"

come on this is ob surd, you are married with 2 kids fev your a not a kid yourself , and bloody jesus if i was offered 200,000 for being "good" , i would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Fev is not worth 2m for three years. The guy has constantly let Carlton and his team down. There is a reason he is not in the leaderhip group. Personally i would love it if we traded Fev for Josh Kennedy.

Agree with you. Short term pain, long term gain. Watch Fevvie's form dip the minute the contract is signed. How long before the next piss up, without a behaviour clause? As for the noddy that reckons we should give him 4 years - have we learned nothing?

Agree with you. Short term pain, long term gain. Watch Fevvie's form dip the minute the contract is signed. How long before the next piss up, without a behaviour clause? As for the noddy that reckons we should give him 4 years - have we learned nothing?

whats JK done again...oh yeh nothing. How many games as fev won us now.... we wouldnt get his worth and not to mention crippling the club next year. The other options up forward? Kreuzer fish eddy and harts....not that impressive compared to the big fev.

shame, wanna get that prick signed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

his manager knows that fev is probably worth more on the open market & with carlton on a high in recent weeks on the back of fevs outstanding output he just wants to get fev the best deal & you cant really blame him for that.
plus the fact that he will be on the vetrans list on his last year of the contract, with only half being included in carltons salary cap.
he probably feels that carlton will have to eventually come to the party.

but 700k ayear is good coin. he will sign just wants to get the maximum.

Of course he'll sign. I honestly hope negotiations drag on well after the Tiges and Aints matches so he kicks 8 in each of those as well. ;):thumbsu:

You can't go giving Fev a long-term contract unless there are behaviour clauses in it . . . he's naturally undisciplined and he'll go off his game again. I'd keep him on a tight leash with a 2-year contract with a good behaviour clause.

troll.jpg

You can't go giving Fev a long-term contract unless there are behaviour clauses in it . . . he's naturally undisciplined and he'll go off his game again. I'd keep him on a tight leash with a 2-year contract with a good behaviour clause.

The standard contract has all the behaviour clauses any club needs

Fev needs specific clauses that make it clear that he is not to be a tool . . . for the good of his career and of the CFC.

Piss off Hawk - try North's board (in case you are just thick, I repeat: the general clauses in the standard contract are best value as they can cover everything)

Fev needs specific clauses that make it clear that he is not to be a tool . . . for the good of his career and of the CFC.

Maybe we could have a look at some of your players contracts to see how specific clauses work........but then again, the AFL has certain policies that probably cover your clubs off field issues. ;):eek:

Saw the best and worst of Fev today. His 1st quarter was a shocker, yet he came out after 1/4 time, and really had a crack.

Will be interesting how his contract negotiations pan out over the next few months, should they last that long.

I didn't like much of what I saw from Fev today. Yes, he kicked some great goals, but he was lazy all day. Allowed Fletcher to attack contests as a third man up too often and just sat back.

Really had little impact on the game when he didn't have the footy, except for one shepheard on Simmo when he slotted the goal from the pocket.

Tried to mark an Eddie Betts kick in the goal square when a shepheard would have done..........not up and about today.

Should take about 50K a year off the deal IMO.:D

We better stop worrying about a socilialistic salary cap and pay Fev what he's worth.

All the whingers who believe he isn't worth it don't understand what reward for effort means.

I don't care about his minor indiscretions. I'd take a piss on the carpet of ACCC headquarters if I could get away with it.

Let's look at the big picture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola rejects contract...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back