Rumour Fevola to St Kilda...?

Remove this Banner Ad

There are a few lines in this article that says to me WE are the Club that has made contact:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/club-comes-calling-after-fev/story-fn69a32t-1226166438778

Thoughts? Going a bit early I know...

But I think everyone deserves a seventh chance!!

I may be pointing out the painfully obvious but...apparently the club said they would take information back to the coach about Fev? We don't have one... So by that reasoning, looks like we're the only club in Melbourne it can't be.

As much as I do actually want him.

I got told that StK and one other Melbourne club requested something along the lines of a medical report from Casey. This was maybe a month ago.

Doesn't mean we'll definitely capture Fev, could've been us that dropped out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, we have this potato eating beast

Tommy++Walsh.jpg

Given our salary cap position and the fact he'd on minimum wage I really think it makes sense.

I can't see how the comments by Olarenshaw suggest we are the club in question though.

Really hope this is us.

Worst case would be a Lovett scenario, except we won't have given up pick 16 and he'd be on base salary so not really a problem.

Best case is Barry Hall, better even (Fev's never played in a good team)

After the Lovett debacle I really can't see us taking Fev. It would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Don't do it Saints.

So you're happy to risk going backwards again, instead of giving the opportunity to a kid who has deserved it?
Which kid deserves to play full forward ahead Fev?

If Fev doesn't work out on or off the field, any potential replacement would only have had their potential development delayed by at most 1 season.

I guess peoples disposition on this depends on where they see us finishing next year. For me the rewards far outweigh the risks on this one.

Which kid deserves to play full forward ahead Fev?

If Fev doesn't work out on or off the field, any potential replacement would only have had their potential development delayed by at most 1 season.

I guess peoples disposition on this depends on where they see us finishing next year. For me the rewards far outweigh the risks on this one.
Walsh.

I honestly can see this being just a publicity stunt by the manager in order to drum up some interest in Fev. If no-one is talking to him and every club knows this, the assumption is that he's permanently damaged goods. Yet if they start spreading rumours that a few clubs have chatted to him, other clubs may be more inclined to investigate all options with Fev in order to see whether he may be able to provide anything towards their club, and of course, not wanting to completely miss out on what could be a very rewarding cheap recruit.

That's the thing though mate, Fev kicked over 4 goals a game in VFL this year. Walsh has yet to play seniors.

Unless you don't see us making the 8 in the next 2-3 years I don't see the logic in saying Walsh deserves full forward over Fev.
Seniors as in AFL? Neither has Fev. Unless we want Walsh to either rot in the reserves or leave to another club, it would be wise to focus on playing and developing him for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Fevola to St Kilda...?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back