Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Fev

I'm not in favour of having him, but would it change anyone's stance at all if the following conditions were in place:

1) He played for minimum wage
2) He had a 1 year contract
3) He had the strictest set of behavioural clauses in this contract
3a) No alcohol
3b) No gambling
3c) No late nights
4) Fitness requirements - skin folds, 3km time trials have to be at particular levels before he gets paid, and would be a justification for his sacking
5) That he realises he would be purely for backup to Dawes, and would be just an insurance policy and that he'd be a good chance just to play VFL
6) Give him a role in the club he could be proud of, for example, lecturing the younger kids (with supervision from the powers that be) on what not to do, how you have to make the most of your gifts and opportunities - who knows, some responsibility might be the sort of thing that gets him into the right mindset to compete and get things right in his own mind.

No. Regardless of conditions.

His history suggests no and would be a 30 year old depth player.

Would rather draft high character 18 year olds instead.

I'm with you two, don't get me wrong.

I think it would be almost worth it for the priceless ability to forever troll Carlton supporters that Fevola won a flag with us and not them - that we manage players better than them etc. Would be absolutely gold.

Pretty much all that needs to be said.

+ Fevola isn't best 22 relevant.

Dawes is better.

St Kilda can take a chance on him. Maybe he is what they need.

But not an appropriate fit for Collingwood.

I hope you mean he wouldnt fit into our structures and not that he is a better player in any capacity than Fev because thats so unbeleivably inacurate LOL

He couldn't fit in at Brisbane with Browny.....nil chance anywhere else.

That brisbane team with Fav and Browny in it beat us last year!

I feel we are getting a bit off topic, I very much doubt we'll pick up Fev because, as most of you have said, we don't need him, but we would be crazy not to at least think about it.

I think with a full pre-season into him Fevola could be a great pick up for any team in premiership contention, as someone mentioned earlier, he is a genuine match winner. I would be surprised if no one gave him another chance next year.

I'd get him.

Chris Dawes is still proving himself. He still drops gettable marks. I like Dawesy off the ball but he still needs to improve as a one on one amrking option. The idea of Dawes as captain as some suggested in other threads is pretty bizarre for mine.

Fev, in a pies jumper, playing good footy, worth a shot i reckon. And if he goaled against carlton , would be worth paying your hard earned to watch.

Pretty much all that needs to be said.

+ Fevola isn't best 22 relevant.

Dawes is better.

St Kilda can take a chance on him. Maybe he is what they need.

But not an appropriate fit for Collingwood.

are you kidding? At his peak Fev would be the AFL's best full forward.

Will he be at his peak next year onwards? You'd be lucky to get 2 years out of Fev, and that's if he didn't screw up again. Lets not forget even this year he's been caught acting like an idiot. The guy turns 31 at the start of next year.

No one is denying the fact that he's an idiot, and yes it is quite possible that he will screw up again next year. But so far all indications point to him still being able to preform to his peak, and if he could do this without somehow screwing up again then he would be a great asset to any club looking to contend for a premiership in the next two or three years.

I hope we never pick up this twat and any collingwood supporter who thinks so really needs to have a look at what the black and white means to them.
The day he joins us is the day ill tear up my membership.

Oh please, you would rather go into a finals series with an average backman who has shown nothing up forward over the best forward from the last 10 years who has shown he can still play at his best?

Well obviously Fev's not going to be with us this finals series and I would rather Keefe play throughout next year's home and away season and then in the finals should we be there, rather than play a bloke who has played selfish and undisciplined football for the past decade.

So in short, yes. Yes, I would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well obviously Fev's not going to be with us this finals series and I would rather Keefe play throughout next year's home and away season and then in the finals should we be there, rather than play a bloke who has played selfish and undisciplined football for the past decade.

So in short, yes. Yes, I would.

Keefe is not a forward, he is a back man who has yet to show that he has what it takes to play afl footy. It is ridiculous to suggest that we would be better off going into next years finals series with Keefe as out full forward instead of Fevola!

I would love us to pick up Fev if he came cheap, even just as an insurance policy. If he did happen to mess up again we could easily cut him and there would be no harm done, but if it worked out and he got back to his best he would be a massive boost for our premiership chances over the next few years.

I hope we never pick up this twat and any collingwood supporter who thinks so really needs to have a look at what the black and white means to them.
The day he joins us is the day ill tear up my membership.

Beautifully summed up dingoboy. I'm totally with you on this one.

I would love us to pick up Fev if he came cheap, even just as an insurance policy. If he did happen to mess up again we could easily cut him and there would be no harm done, but if it worked out and he got back to his best he would be a massive boost for our premiership chances over the next few years.

That's the point your missing Bug. If he stuffs up, it affects the whole club. Players, coaches, everyone.

It would be a walking circus. The media scrutiny on him would be massive if he came to us. He would stuff up to some degree, no doubt.

He'd be cheap, but if he was playing as a back up , ie VFL waiting for an injury, he'd soon get the shits and start playing up.

No chance, no matter how good a player he could get back too. We passed on Cousins, we'll pass on Fevola. Rumour has it, one newspaper was going to assign one permanent reporter to Cousins if he had have signed with us. I'd think Fevola would be the same deal.

Keefe is not a forward, he is a back man who has yet to show that he has what it takes to play afl footy. It is ridiculous to suggest that we would be better off going into next years finals series with Keefe as out full forward instead of Fevola!

One of the reasons we are such a good side is that there is great chemistry in the team. Every player does the right thing at the right time almost 100% of the time. A rare thing in modern Collingwood history.

Fev is a great player, but I don't think he understands the word 'team'. We have had a few over the years in this category, most notably Phil Carman. Carman was one of the most gifted players ever to play the game. As a teammate, he was undisciplined, egocentric and someone who would not take advice. Sound like Fev? In the end it becomes poisonous to the team. Teams win Grand Finals, not individuals, See 2010.

Even if Fev became a better team player, his strengths are that of the 'all eggs in one basket' style of forward line. Peter McKenna was a much superior version of Fev, and we never won a flag with McKenna kicking those large percentages of our goals each game.

The current set up with a huge spread of goalkickers is a far more successful approach. If Dawes can improve his marking ability and get his goal tally up to about 2.5 per game, we will have the perfect forward set up.

Understand that you see Fevola's strengths, but you IMO fail to see his weaknesses. I would also suggest Carlton are a better side without him.

That's the point your missing Bug. If he stuffs up, it affects the whole club. Players, coaches, everyone.

It would be a walking circus. The media scrutiny on him would be massive if he came to us. He would stuff up to some degree, no doubt.

He'd be cheap, but if he was playing as a back up , ie VFL waiting for an injury, he'd soon get the shits and start playing up.

No chance, no matter how good a player he could get back too. We passed on Cousins, we'll pass on Fevola. Rumour has it, one newspaper was going to assign one permanent reporter to Cousins if he had have signed with us. I'd think Fevola would be the same deal.

Collingwood is stronger then that, and Eddie is too smart to let one player effect the club like that, if we did take a change on Fev and he messed up again it would be in the newspapers for a week and that would be all, hell we would probably end up looking like the good guys for giving him another chance!

I know that he has kicked bags of goals recently in the VFL, but are there any quality FB in the competition? They are either old, retired has beens or 19 year old kids.

Collingwood is stronger then that, and Eddie is too smart to let one player effect the club like that, if we did take a change on Fev and he messed up again it would be in the newspapers for a week and that would be all, hell we would probably end up looking like the good guys for giving him another chance!
JEEZUZ bugz it's not if he messes up again its WHEN :rolleyes:

Read our motto it says

SIDE BY SIDE

Fev is on no ones side but his own

We don't need that sh1te in our team :rolleyes:

Only way i would even entertain the idea is if 2 things happened.

Dawes were to leave.

We could not trade for a decent FF in return for Dawes next year.

If the two highly unlikely things happened then i would entertain the idea, and i do realise that Dawes missed 7 weeks and we were still fine, but Cloke needs the help of Dawes or an equivalent.

If Trav were to battle alone each week up forward it would only be a matter of time before he is either cooked, or injured, and what if Trav were to lose form? right in the middle of a premiership window.

I would rather have Fev in the side if the above were to happen than rely on Keefe and Leroy as our no 1 and 2 big men, but all in all if Dawes stays then no way Fev, If he goes and we get a decent forward then no again, if Dawes goes and we get nothing, i would seriously look at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back