Fifa 10 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimate Team is half price on the PS Store (dunno if it's the same over on the 360). Now only $4.25.

For those who have it, do you think it's worth getting?

I've seen that crowd chant thing in baseball games. Old feature.

EA, please fix MM and Be a Pro, they're appauling.

Be a Pro really shits me, it's so black or white. for instance If you put in an amazing pass, but the person receiving it misses the girl, you don't get any recognition, just that you made the pass. THere should be a 'close to assist' reward or something.

I've seen that crowd chant thing in baseball games. Old feature.

EA, please fix MM and Be a Pro, they're appauling.

Be a Pro really shits me, it's so black or white. for instance If you put in an amazing pass, but the person receiving it misses the girl, you don't get any recognition, just that you made the pass. THere should be a 'close to assist' reward or something.
Yeah I think the build from 09 to 10 wasn't really as good as it could be.

Definitely too black and white in regards to everything.

Needs to have hundreds of little ratings and objectives that all equal up to your overall score and definitely needs to be more transparent in things like the instance you mentioned as well as stuff like crosses which are are most definitely the worst thing. You just don't get rewarded unless you hit your teammate, doesn't matter if it's a bang on positioned cross you won't get a reward unless your teammate gets it.

There definitely needs to be more depth in how the ratings work (that's not to say that it should be made easier though, I guess the bigger mistakes need to be exaggerated a bit more so as not to make it easy to constantly rack up 10's).

The chant thing is still cool. Vuvuzela chant FTW!!!:thumbsu:...:thumbsdown::mad:

Has anyone noticed the traits in action? I have crowd favourite, outside of the foot and the second wind. I dont really notice any of them...

Re: Fifa 10 - Part 2

I can't win online anymore... I've lost 10 straight and just get scored so easily against. It's as if my AI defenders do nothing. It might be because I'm terrible at shooting as well. I can get 10-15 shots a game but half the time they just go wide or go straight into the goal keeper.

Edit: Leading 3-0 in my next game and what happens? They quit... I guess it's still a win..

I can't win online anymore... I've lost 10 straight and just get scored so easily against. It's as if my AI defenders do nothing. It might be because I'm terrible at shooting as well. I can get 10-15 shots a game but half the time they just go wide or go straight into the goal keeper.

Edit: Leading 3-0 in my next game and what happens? They quit... I guess it's still a win..
Lol, did you finally get a console?

If you got a 360 lets play a game sometime....

When I play mates it won't let us play classic matches and will only let us do team play. This results in extreme lag. We live only about 15km away from eachother. Anyone know how to fix it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^^^
To the above. No idea.

My question is; how ****ed up is the "team of the year?"

I finished on top undefeated. Goalkeeper conceded something like 10 goals yet wasn't named. Had some guy score around 20 goals but wasn't named. I didn't have on guy named.

Just to see if it actually picked the "best" players or was random I turned off the PS3 whilst it was loading the screen. Noted done some of the names in the side to compare with the next time I turned on the TV. The second time around there wasn't one of the same player. One team had 5 guys in the starting 11!

Was your team promoted??
I've found that when I'm a team in lower English leagues and i finish on top (and get promoted). None of my players are in the team of the season.
Only when I'm in the preimer league, My players are in there.
Usually only like a striker and midfielder will get in. Never will your keeper get in there unless they making like over 15 saves a game. And players seem to get in there if they have played only 1 game.

To sum up almost everything about FIFA, besides the actual gameplay is still pretty damn shit... *sigh..* MM and stats especially

To sum up almost everything about FIFA, besides the actual gameplay is still pretty damn shit... *sigh..* MM and stats especially

That's why I'm so excited about FIFA 11. They've just about got the gameplay as good as it's going to get, so now they're going to focus on other things like manager mode, realism, and of course glitches. All of these have been issues in recent FIFA games, so hopefully they get a complete overhaul for FIFA 11, whilst keeping the actual gameplay as it is.

That's why I'm so excited about FIFA 11. They've just about got the gameplay as good as it's going to get, so now they're going to focus on other things like manager mode, realism, and of course glitches. All of these have been issues in recent FIFA games, so hopefully they get a complete overhaul for FIFA 11, whilst keeping the actual gameplay as it is.
You'd hope so. It's all about minor but still needed additions to the already stellar gameplay so they can now focus most of their work on the bigger things like Be A Pro and Manager Mode specifically.

Hopefully we get a bit more in-depth info on changes/additions to Manager Mode and Be A Pro in the coming month or two.

Be A Pro is terrible in FIFA games. Playing the equivalent in NBA 2k10, it's astounding how poor FIFA's version is. Limiting it to 4 seasons is poor, but it's just not realistic. On the field you're punished for meaningless things, and off it the game progress too fast.

It would be great to have a game where you need to toil to be signed and struggle to even make it onto the field, rather than being gifted a place in the starting XI. (Keep in mind I havn't played Be A Pro in FIFA 11, so these may have been changed).

Manager Mode is good, but the glitches need to be ironed out and it just needs to be run smarter if you understand me (like the problems with the team of the year etc).

Further improvements to the commentary would be nice, however as long as I can switch it to Spanish it should always be able to keep me entertained.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fifa 10 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back