Multiplat FIFA 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Great. 11 seasons left to play.

I have some brilliant regens on their way through, who will probably peak when I can't play any longer :weary::weary::weary:

Nah, newgens from the first 2-3 seasons in career mode can well and truly hit their peak by the 8th-10th season.

I have a manager career mode where my team in the 10th season is almost entirely newgens, with the starting team being all >90 OVR except for my LB and CDM who are 88 OVR

Nah, newgens from the first 2-3 seasons in career mode can well and truly hit their peak by the 8th-10th season.

I have a manager career mode where my team in the 10th season is almost entirely newgens, with the starting team being all >90 OVR except for my LB and CDM who are 88 OVR
Excellent news, got quite a few coming through the ranks, though only two are good enough for constant first team appearances.

LB - 79
CM - 65
CM - 59 (potential 91-94)
AM - 64 (potential 78-91)
RW - 76
DM - 52

Do you just use your scouts to find them? I'll look to ween my regens in more and more.

Getting the best scouts, sending them to the right countries (Argentina, Brazil and Spain generally have the highest chance of getting a superstar but my team has got ppl from other countries also) and targeting the right "type" for the right position is key.

Once you've got them in your academy, training stamina and unimportant stats for their position is also important (which I only found out about 5-6 season in)

I churned through a lot of prospects as it got to the stage where I would only sign those whose potential was 90+ and then get rid of them if it narrowed down to <88

Last edited:
Getting the best scouts, sending them to the right countries (Argentina, Brazil and Spain generally have the highest chance of getting a superstar but my team has got ppl from other countries also) and targeting the right "type" for the right position is key.

Once you've got them in your academy, training stamina and unimportant stats for their position is also important (which I only found out about 5-6 season in)

I churned through a lot of prospects as it got to the stage where I would only sign those whose potential was 90+ and then get rid of them if it narrowed down to <88
I train them (well, I let the CPU do it :D) on key attributes for their position. IE I had my winger work on his ball control/dribbling etc until it got to 80-85, now I am training him on off the ball movement/finishing.

It depends, some attributes weigh heavily for some positions rather than others. IE crossing for a CB would make very minimal difference in their overall if it was 45 or 80, but for a winger, it would bump up their stats at least five I would say.

One of my scouts is 5 stars for both cats, one is 4/5 and the other 3/5, I'll sack the two who aren't 5/5 and bring in better ones.

Yeah, I've got two Spaniards (AM,CM), Dutch (RW), French (CM/CB - the CB is only 20 and he's at 81!), Brazil (LB, RB, DM). Don't really need anyone else but I've become obsessed with regens now :D

I train them (well, I let the CPU do it :D) on key attributes for their position. IE I had my winger work on his ball control/dribbling etc until it got to 80-85, now I am training him on off the ball movement/finishing.

It depends, some attributes weigh heavily for some positions rather than others. IE crossing for a CB would make very minimal difference in their overall if it was 45 or 80, but for a winger, it would bump up their stats at least five I would say.

The problem with doing this (especially when they're still in the academy) is that it might stifle the growth of their physical attributes as it's thought that there is a cap on OVR at younger ages. Therefore if you reach that OVR through training, it reduces the chance that non-trainable attributes don't improve as much.

After increasing stamina for pretty much all positions, I then move to things like passing for CBs, tackling for Wingers, passing for STs etc so that players are more well rounded. I did what you're doing early on with arguably my best player, a 6'2 RW who has now gone on to have a 95 OVR, but his stamina is only in the low 70s because I trained things like crossing/passing/shooting instead.

Oh, and another thing to look out for once you've signed them from the academy is to check which foot is strongest, what their weak foot stat is and their work rate. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to play without having to be mindful if you're passing/shooting with their weak foot or not

The problem with doing this (especially when they're still in the academy) is that it might stifle the growth of their physical attributes as it's thought that there is a cap on OVR at younger ages. Therefore if you reach that OVR through training, it reduces the chance that non-trainable attributes don't improve as much.

After increasing stamina for pretty much all positions, I then move to things like passing for CBs, tackling for Wingers, passing for STs etc so that players are more well rounded. I did what you're doing early on with arguably my best player, a 6'2 RW who has now gone on to have a 95 OVR, but his stamina is only in the low 70s because I trained things like crossing/passing/shooting instead.

Oh, and another thing to look out for once you've signed them from the academy is to check which foot is strongest, what their weak foot stat is and their work rate. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to play without having to be mindful if you're passing/shooting with their weak foot or not
And that's OK. They're all very young still, my oldest regen is 20. Stamina is an easy stat to raise - there is a dribble thing, it's a bronze one, easy to do yourself and only takes about 20 seconds. I guess if they're shit at dribbling that might be a bit harder though.

Passing for CBs is irrelevant to me, I'm never gonna make them do Hollywood passes, so I'd rather work on their vitals - tackling, marking and positioning. Great work. My RW is a little Dutch black guy, think he's 5'9, and inverted right winger, so, left footed. I like him though. Not sure what his stamina is, 73 odd I think.

Got this young French DM, but it's such an uninspiring position to train. Also have a young Brazilian DM, who is worse as he's younger and had less training, but it's so blah seeing their tackle stats around 50 lol.

Yeah I do that, it's vital. Can really mess you up if don't check it haha. I have one guy whose little face pic is a guy with black skin, but he's more the skin colour of Neymar, it's odd. And another guy who seems to have a solid head of hair, but looks like Zidane in his playing days :D (he's only 20 too lol).

I'm starting to find it very easy to play. I've got it on legendary, but I've adjusted the sliders because it's ridiculous when they're on the default settings. Do you have any issues with the difficulty?

Did you find it hard getting rid of current players you like?

My team is currently this

Oblak
Bellerin Varane Bailly Grimaldo
Sanson
Dembele-------Sterling
De Bruyne
Mbappe Lukaku​
Martial
Jesus
Sanchez (will sell in off season, is 31)
Mane
Ziyech
Renato Sanches
Castillejo
-
Formaio Paiva (regen Brazillian RB, overall 76)
Laporte (regen French CB, overall 81)
Rugani (will sell)
Romangoli
Reis (regen Brazilian LB, overall 79)
Wendell (also will sell)
De Vries (regen Dutch RW, overall 76)
Garnier (regen French CM, overall 60)
Villalba (regen Spanish CM, overall 65)
Riberio (regen Brazilian DM, overall 51)
Horacio Sanchez (regen Spanish AM, overall 61)
Barkley
Rashford

I've won the league with 10 games to spare, so I might pump a heap of game time into my regens to aid their progress (that works, right? Assuming so cos that's what happens in FM). Lukaku has 27 goals in 28 league games. Never had such a great season with a forward before

My team is still relatively young, I think my oldest (Sanchez aside), are Romangoli, Rugani, Barkley, Ziyech and Mane who are all 26/27.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you find it hard getting rid of current players you like?

Not really.

I played as Atletico Madrid and have kept Griezmann, Koke, Carrassco, Correa, Juanfran, Godin, Filipe Luis, Lucaz Hernandez and Gabi until they retired or still have them.

I had more trouble keeping guys that randomly decide they want to leave, get homesick for SA despite the fact they've played in Spain for 7+ years and then move to England etc than not selling

Loaned in Jack Harrison from NYFC, a bloke from Wimbledon, and Kwabena Appiah from Central Coast to my Barnet team in 17/18 season (am in League 1) on 3 month loans at the start of the season, and sent out 3 young guys on 3 month loans to develop. I am now starting season 18/19, and none of the loans have expired. I can't even cancel the loans, as the option doesn't appear. Good old EA and their love for Manager Mode :huh:

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat FIFA 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back