Multiplat FIFA 19

Remove this Banner Ad

So, Career Mode is basically the same as last game except for the addition of the Champions League, and Pro Clubs hasn't been touched.

Why do I still pay $70 for this every year? I'm such a sucker. Maybe one year me and 10 million other people won't buy this and they may have to actually focus on modes where they can't just lure idiots into spending money on virtual Pokemon cards.

I was able to get the Ultimate edition on Xbox so I figured why not (especially after not playing 18 - well I did get it on Switch but it wasn't the proper fifa experience!).

I played a few games after midnight...... after a bit of adjusting to the pace (having not played in ages) it's just fifa to me. I'm scratching my head as to how/why I sunk so many hours into every game over the years. But there's something addictive to it - even though we don't get "rewards" as such for taking our team through manager/career mode.... it's just fun to play.

Right now I've only got one career save on the go - but I'll probably end up attempting to juggle multiple at once as I generally do (one local league, one super power team, one team save where I pick a random low league team and attempt to build them into a super power).

I'm going to collect the freek weekly FUT packs before I really get cracking into that mode. When I say cracking, it'll just be a weak attempt at it :D.... I only ever took that mode seriously a few years ago and haven't had the same desire since.

I spend most of my time scouting youth players so the minor changes pleases me there. obviously not a massive overhaul but things like Attacking/defending work rate, better generated names, skill move 5 stars are exciting a little bit

Do you get more loan offers and to players stop blocking half the loans?

Surely it's easy to get the regular edition before Friday? I remember places always started selling it Wednesday or Thursday depending on how many kids were working in Target that day. I have absolutely no interest in Ultimate Team and a couple of days isn't worth the extra $20, but surely this'll come out earlier? I want to have a few beers and get stuck into manager mode by Friday lunch time!

Also who's doing what for career mode? Fulham for me, then want to move onto RC Lens for those strips and to bring them back into the fore. Wouldn't mind snatching a Scottish Prem too from the Old Firm.

Weird though, I haven't played a FIFA much in years but I'm really excited for this one.

Does anyone else notice the game is way better the higher difficulty you go?

It seems way more intense, you need to concentrate more, but you have guys on the outside and way more reward for long and through balls, clumsier but more challenging inside play, goals can be rarer... but honestly doing a whole season or career like that is a pain in the arse because it's just that higher difficulty. You go down a level or two and it just becomes dumb as **** AI and it's boring and it's just way more scripted.

Any ideas?

It seems way more intense, you need to concentrate more, but you have guys on the outside and way more reward for long and through balls, clumsier but more challenging inside play, goals can be rarer... but honestly doing a whole season or career like that is a pain in the arse because it's just that higher difficulty. You go down a level or two and it just becomes dumb as **** AI and it's boring and it's just way more scripted.

Any ideas?
Legendary is the only difficulty I can play on now.

Once you play enough Career Mode - and I've played a lot - it becomes really easy to read what the AI is going to do. Whenever I step down a difficulty level (usually at the start of a Career when my team is still shit) it just becomes way too easy. The AI is just so unco when you play on World Class or below. Legendary even becomes pretty easy once you've built up a decent squad. Thank God they've added Ultimate difficulty to Career Mode now.

Currently being thrashed 0 - 5 online

Will probably be 0 - 10 by the end of the game. He's waltzing through my team, while I try to do the same and he blocks me hardcore.

**EDIT**

He kicked a few goals in the first moments of the second half only for the connection to drop in the game

vAroKeX.png

I WON :p

Thanks dodgy EA Servers :D

Surely it's easy to get the regular edition before Friday? I remember places always started selling it Wednesday or Thursday depending on how many kids were working in Target that day. I have absolutely no interest in Ultimate Team and a couple of days isn't worth the extra $20, but surely this'll come out earlier? I want to have a few beers and get stuck into manager mode by Friday lunch time!

Also who's doing what for career mode? Fulham for me, then want to move onto RC Lens for those strips and to bring them back into the fore. Wouldn't mind snatching a Scottish Prem too from the Old Firm.

Weird though, I haven't played a FIFA much in years but I'm really excited for this one.
Probably Arsenal. I tend to build a super team.

Any ideas?
It is harder, but I played on legendary for about 6 seasons in 18. I played all the way to November 2027. Had a lot of elite regens - 90 and above, and I grew very attached to them haha.

A Wolves career would be good.

Legendary is the only difficulty I can play on now.

Once you play enough Career Mode - and I've played a lot - it becomes really easy to read what the AI is going to do. Whenever I step down a difficulty level (usually at the start of a Career when my team is still shit) it just becomes way too easy. The AI is just so unco when you play on World Class or below. Legendary even becomes pretty easy once you've built up a decent squad. Thank God they've added Ultimate difficulty to Career Mode now.
I’ve been playing career mode since 06!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like other oldies, I've been playing Fifa games on and off since the mid 90's.... In Fifa 2000/2001 I was picking Leeds United and taking them through a season. In 2002 it was Manchester United and a few of the lower teams - can't remember the name of one.... but I picked them because of the Pizza Hut sponsorship logo on their kit :D.

Like other oldies, I've been playing Fifa games on and off since the mid 90's.... In Fifa 2000/2001 I was picking Leeds United and taking them through a season. In 2002 it was Manchester United and a few of the lower teams - can't remember the name of one.... but I picked them because of the Pizza Hut sponsorship logo on their kit :D.
Fulham.

My first FIFA was 97, then France 98. FIFA Football 2003 was sort of life changing – no joke.

The computer often frustrates me, guess it can get good if you concentrate on a high difficulty.

I enjoy the online gameplay more although it’s obviously up & down with noobs & guns. I feel more satisfied winning than in offline.

It looks like they have the Ligue 1 broadcast package this year which is an added bonus . Well they definitely have the scoreboard overlay anyway.

The game feels great although I am disappointed it is only Serie A that is licensed and not Serie B aswell. It sucks having generic teams

Last edited:
Im like yourself and only play Career mode and Pro Clubs, disappointing that no major changes have been done to these modes.

apparently a lot of minor changes for Career mode like youth players actually having more use.

basically what you're saying is we are going to get ****ing burnt by shit AI in Pro Clubs again? :D

Pretty pumped for the Pink Panters making their way back up to Div 1 though.

FIFA 06 was so awesome, I reckon I played that years manager mode for over 5 years on the PS2 until I decided to go with FIFA 11 & 13 on the PS3.

Then 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and now 19 on the PC.

My first was the diagonal side to side fifa on pc
FIFA 06 was so awesome, I reckon I played that years manager mode for over 5 years on the PS2 until I decided to go with FIFA 11 & 13 on the PS3.

Then 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and now 19 on the PC.

For me it was a random Fifa in the 90's on pc (one of the diagonal side scrolling ones)

Then 96 on playstation (best arcadey one ever!! being able to kick the ball as the goalie from the goal post to the opposite end and score was awesome. And also entering the cheat code which enabled you to go on a foul frenzy without getting carded!!).

Skipped 97
RTWC 98 would be my favourite world cup lead up game. Loved being able to qualify for the tournament
Skipped 99 (heard for years that it was the "best" fifa for its time)
Had 2000 on pc and eventually playstation
01 on pc and playstation
02 on ps2 first and eventually pc (online fifa games were so much fun in those times).
skipped 03
Purchased 04 on PS2 - worth it for the commentators calling Beckham golden balls :D
05 + 06 exclusively on pc
08 Xbox 360
09 Xbox 360/ps3
10 Xbox 360/ps3 (stopped playing it within a month of it's release. Got a corrupted manager mode save on both systems!!)
11 Xbox 360 (still sealed to this day!! LOL. Told the story on here many times, pre ordered it in the lead up to the release. Started playing 10 again to warm up for 11. Wound up NOT stopping playing 10, until 12 came out.
12 360/ps3/pc - Played it the most on pc (better frame rate and graphics looked sexier!).
13/14/15 pc

Skipped 16 (well I only downloaded it as part of EA Access - so I could get Fifa 17 cheaper :D. Did play it later on to grab a few easy achievements)
17 Only on Xbox One
18 Nintendo Switch
19 Xbox One thus far, but after a few days of playing it contemplating getting the pc version as well.

I'm always going to be a Fifa noob, I don't use many of the skill moves.... purely because they don't compute with me. I am useless with doing directions on the analog sticks!! It's why I opted to use the buttons in the Fight Night games instead of the TPC, and why I was useless in Skate 1 - 3. This is why if I get beaten online... it's usually going to be by a lot. Granted I had a match earlier where I only lost 2 - 0.

Last edited:
My first was the diagonal side to side fifa on pc

For me it was a random Fifa in the 90's on pc (one of the diagonal side scrolling ones)

Then 96 on playstation (best arcadey one ever!! being able to kick the ball as the goalie from the goal post to the opposite end and score was awesome. And also entering the cheat code which enabled you to go on a foul frenzy without getting carded!!).

Skipped 97
RTWC 98 would be my favourite world cup lead up game. Loved being able to qualify for the tournament
Skipped 99 (heard for years that it was the "best" fifa for its time)
Had 2000 on pc and eventually playstation
01 on pc and playstation
02 on ps2 first and eventually pc (online fifa games were so much fun in those times).
skipped 03
Purchased 04 on PS2 - worth it for the commentators calling Beckham golden balls :D
05 + 06 exclusively on pc
08 Xbox 360
09 Xbox 360/ps3
10 Xbox 360/ps3 (stopped playing it within a month of it's release. Got a corrupted manager mode save on both systems!!)
11 Xbox 360 (still sealed to this day!! LOL. Told the story on here many times, pre ordered it in the lead up to the release. Started playing 10 again to warm up for 11. Wound up NOT stopping playing 10, until 12 came out.
12 360/ps3/pc - Played it the most on pc (better frame rate and graphics looked sexier!).
13/14/15 pc

Skipped 16 (well I only downloaded it as part of EA Access - so I could get Fifa 17 cheaper :D. Did play it later on to grab a few easy achievements)
17 Only on Xbox One
18 Nintendo Switch
19 Xbox One thus far, but after a few days of playing it contemplating getting the pc version as well.
What about FIFA 94? It was on the same disc on FIFA06 in the extras area on PS2, was that a thing on PC too?

I owned
FIFA 94 (Via FIFA 06 disc)
FIFA 2000 on PS1
FIFA 01 on PS2 (Bought like 10 years later for $5)
FIFA World Cup 2002 on PS1
FIFA 04, 05, 06, World Cup 06, and 07 on PS2
FIFA 08, 10, 11, 13 on PS3 (08 and 10 bought later on the cheap)
FIFA 14 all the way to 19 on the PC.

My personal favourites are FIFA06, FIFA 2000 and FIFA 13. As for PC games from 2014-Present goes it's all been a blur but I got 800 hours on FIFA 15 so I might have enjoyed the manager mode and Pro Clubs with my mates that year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat FIFA 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back