Stats & History Fighting Furies - Club History

Remove this Banner Ad

Punt Road Oval is essentially easily representable on the Minecraft map. The major conflict with the existing ground on MC is that the road you have called Brunton Ave, is actually Punt Road on the server. The one you've called Punt Road, doesn't have a name. The rreason why the other one is called Punt Rd is because it is effectively the road to the docks (of the suburb of Punt).

The only other conflict is that you seem to show the Grockadoc gates as the main entrance, wheras that is abutted close to the Sweet River shorefront in MC. The unnamed gates you have on what you call Punt Road, are where the current (and only) MC gates are.

Definitely resolvable conflicts.

Hey Mobbs, Cheers for the message and info, really appreciate it. :)

I'm not too sure when this design of Punt Road Oval was made, but certainly a long while before my time, and as you've pointed out is in need of a huge update which I'm planning on doing this pre season. I'll be sure to correct those things to make sure it's historically accurate.
If Punt Road went under redevelopment this pre season could we potentially add in things to update the layout and who is memorialised at the ground?

Also if it's not a lot of hassle I'm wondering if you have Punt Road Oval in place on the Minecraft map and might be able to give me a visual bearing?

Cheers mate.

I'm not too sure when this design of Punt Road Oval was made, but certainly a long while before my time, and as you've pointed out is in need of a huge update which I'm planning on doing this pre season. I'll be sure to correct those things to make sure it's historically accurate.
If Punt Road went under redevelopment this pre season could we potentially add in things to update the layout and who is memorialised at the ground?

Also if it's not a lot of hassle I'm wondering if you have Punt Road Oval in place on the Minecraft map and might be able to give me a visual bearing?

Cheers mate.
I dont officially know but have a feeling footy_fumbler created it, therefore the inaccuracies are probably deliberate :D

Cheers mate.
Yeah I'll get a screenshot. It's a placeholder ground, meaning all that exists is the ground layout determining its position among the surrounding roads. It can be developed any way you prefer. I'd like to try to incorporate as much of that stuff on the above image as possible.

Ok after wasting paper through errors and having to wait for the cane to grow back, here is Punt and its surrounding area:
RDls5xV.png

Punt Road Oval is the one in the middle. The ground at bottom (south) is the Swamprats old ground (Alberton), next to Alberton Swamp. I have included that area to make it clear how PRO is located on the shoreline of the mouth of the Sweet River. You can see the docks on both sides of the river mouth, there used to be a punt but these days its upgraded to a ferry system.

So the road to the dock is Punt Road, coming from the top (north) end of the map. The road that passes by PRO is unnamed (hitherto).

There are no stands, terraces or facilities yet, just fenceline, goalposts, and boundary/goalsquare/centre circle.

Other items of note on the map:
- Tiger Island (top-right) - Furies' old ground was there.
- Dun Lop Stadium (top-left) - you can see the edge of it.
- Sweet CBD (left) - the edge of a couple of the city centre buildings.

Golden Throne is just off map to the north.
Gumbies/Wolves ground is a little further north-east.
Abu Ghraib (Bombers) is off the south border of the map.
Brunswick Junction Oval is far left, other side of the CBD.
Dragon Island is off-map south and east.
That's ocean on the right, the land mass opens up to the left, coastline runs basically north-south, but bends west a lot on the other side of Abu Ghraib.

I see the layout you posted as working fine if it was tilted onto one side like thus :
X9ukptG.png

... and if the street names were swapped ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Stats & History Fighting Furies - Club History

Remove this Banner Ad

Back