Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Qualifying and Elimination Finals

Thursday, October 1
QF1: Port Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (N)

Friday, October 2
QF2: Brisbane Lions v Richmond (G) (N)

Saturday, October 3
EF2: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs (G) (T)
EF1: West Coast v Collingwood (OS) (N)

Semi Finals

Friday, October 10
SF2: Richmond v St Kilda (MS) (N)

Saturday, October 11
SF1: Geelong v Collingwood (G) (N)

Preliminary Finals

Friday, October 16
PF1: Port Adelaide v Richmond (AO) (N)

Saturday, October 17
PF2: Brisbane Lions v Geelong (G) (N)

Grand Final

Saturday, October 24
Richmond v Geelong (G) (N)

Wondering about who wears what in a Grand Final? Check out the Grand Final Policy thread!

Last edited:

Read on FB we apparently put in a request for PB for any home finals we get
I believe that was a rumour started by Caro or Rowey (one picked it up from the other, cant remember which), I mean I’m hopeful but who knows.

Bars/White v Home/Navy 🤪
The bars and white shorts is a great combo, but I don’t know if I like the mismatch’s dark/light vs light/dark. Maximum contrast ftw

Hopefully we don't have to wear our grey thing in any finals, particularly the GF if we make it. Quickly thinking through it I think we're safe, however I can just see the AFL requiring us to wear it. Mind you, if the GF's against Richmond there's a strong argument for the PBs!

Hopefully we don't have to wear our grey thing in any finals, particularly the GF if we make it. Quickly thinking through it I think we're safe, however I can just see the AFL requiring us to wear it. Mind you, if the GF's against Richmond there's a strong argument for the PBs!

I know it's tongue in cheek to say to there's an argument for wearing the Bars if you were to come up against Richmond as the away side, but really, it's not an adequate enough contrast. As much as it would suck, you should be forced into the grey jumper.

I was seeing similar discussions on the Port board about whether the Bars should be allowed to be worn in both Showdowns or just one. It's the same issue. The reality is that if the AFL are going to get real about jumper clashes, neither Port nor Adelaide's home jumpers should be worn against each other (and that includes the Bars). But I digress.

I know it's tongue in cheek to say to there's an argument for wearing the Bars if you were to come up against Richmond as the away side, but really, it's not an adequate enough contrast. As much as it would suck, you should be forced into the grey jumper.

I was seeing similar discussions on the Port board about whether the Bars should be allowed to be worn in both Showdowns or just one. It's the same issue. The reality is that if the AFL are going to get real about jumper clashes, neither Port nor Adelaide's home jumpers should be worn against each other (and that includes the Bars). But I digress.
I'd dispute inadequate contrast with Richmond: we've had decades of it's use against Glenelg with no contrast problems whatsoever (with us in white shorts, or them in white - & briefly yellow - shorts when away). We've got a wonderful proportion to the black & white on the PBs where it works well as a dark home kit and a light away kit in combination with the appropriate shorts. I broadly agree with you though re maximising contrast.

It's a club colour though ;)

You guys are top of the ladder so you'd get your home guernsey/PBs in any case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has anyone got last time they played (with same home and away team?)

Round 5 2018

AFL Rd 5 - Port Adelaide v Geelong : News Photo

Port Adelaide: Home jumper, black shorts
Geelong Cats: Home jumper, white shorts

Port Adelaide wore their Indigenous Jumper when the teams met in Round 14 2019

2019 Qualifying Final

AFL 2nd Qualifying Final - Brisbane v Richmond : News Photo

Brisbane: Home jumper, maroon shorts
Richmond: Home jumper, white shorts

Round 2 2020

AFL Rd 2 - St Kilda v Western Bulldogs : News Photo

St Kilda: Home jumper, black shorts
Western Bulldogs: Home jumper, white shorts

Round 8 2020

AFL Rd 8 - West Coast v Collingwood : News Photo

West Coast Eagles: Home jumper, blue shorts
Collingwood: Away jumper, white shorts

Thank Christ that Geelong aren't top and we're 4th

Because they'd just about be demanding blue shorts

I think the last month has proven we wont be seeing blue shorts again in 2020.

Round 5 2018

AFL Rd 5 - Port Adelaide v Geelong : News Photo

Port Adelaide: Home jumper, black shorts
Geelong Cats: Home jumper, white shorts

Port Adelaide wore their Indigenous Jumper when the teams met in Round 14 2019

2019 Qualifying Final

AFL 2nd Qualifying Final - Brisbane v Richmond : News Photo

Brisbane: Home jumper, maroon shorts
Richmond: Home jumper, white shorts

Round 2 2020

AFL Rd 2 - St Kilda v Western Bulldogs : News Photo

St Kilda: Home jumper, black shorts
Western Bulldogs: Home jumper, white shorts

Round 8 2020

AFL Rd 8 - West Coast v Collingwood : News Photo

West Coast Eagles: Home jumper, blue shorts
Collingwood: Away jumper, white shorts
Put Richmond in black shorts and the Dogs in blue shorts and these matches would all look mint.

It won’t happen but in my opinion Bulldogs in blue shorts would look cool against the Saints.

In the 2009 and 2010 Preliminary Finals St Kilda was the home team but we wore white shorts and Bulldogs blue, and it made for a much better split of colours (particularly with our white collar and cuffs) than us wearing black shorts and the Bulldogs having white shorts against our white panel.

(I think the St Kilda tri-panel is *almost* problematic, but that's a completely different thing.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Finals Series 2020 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back