Finey's Final Siren

Remove this Banner Ad

By his inane ramblings and bias, I had assumed Fine as a bit of a plonker. Still to be proven otherwise. *glug glug glug*

Not sure what that's all about - Finey is a sensation. Tells it like it is bigtime. I love that SEN start their coverage an hour earlier than the others and then let Finey off the leash sometimes until 1 in the morning. Makes for funny, informative, opinion based listening. I love it and the sooner people turning on SEN and turning off 3Rex has an impact on the ratings the better.

I'm a big fan of Viney :)D).

Eeven though he he is relenless in his adoration for the Saints, he is also humble in defeat. The way he shoots down naysayers is amusing as well. He also seems to have a soft spot for the Pies judging by his summations of some of our games. I first noticed it last year.

I actually don't mind that there is an abundance of Saints supporters among the presenters. They don't make your ears bleed with it like our Carltank friends Huuuuuuughesy, Radar and Tim Lane jnr.

Good show, especially because I live in a "delevoping AFL Market" and don't get much AFL Coverage on the radio.

I occaisionly tune in to listen to a few feral supporters sink the boots in to their club, threatening to rip up memberships and throw them off the Westgate on the way home etc. Really good programme to show the passion people have for their side.

The show has become champagne comedy, most of the regulars who call in are nuffies, plus he's getting death threat txt messages. Finey gets trolled a lot and he's always being reeled in :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another fan here of Finey's Final Siren. He engages in honest debate, and allows the caller to express his views, even if he doesn't agree with them.

Internet is amazing thing. From Zurich I can now watch every game online live, and switch onto Finey FS following the twilight match.

Mark Fine has been taking his angry pills lately. He's been very short tempered with the peanuts who ring up, have a crack at him and accuse him of being anti-North, anti-Geelong, etc. He's even cut off a few people recently, which is something he always prided himself on not doing. It's no coincidence that his mood has been as bad as St Kilda's form so far this season.

When I first started listening to his show back in 2007-08, I thought he was a bit of a whinger, always getting stuck into the AFL and bashing the umpires. This made for reasonably entertaining listening, even if I sometimes disagreed with his views. But this all changed in 2009 when St Kilda started dominating. Every Sunday night, after yet another crushing Saints victory, Finey would come on radio, speaking like a new age hippy about how wonderful the game was. People would ring up to complain about umpiring and Mahatma Finey would preach about love and tolerance for the poor, hard-working umpires and preach about how free kicks don't matter.

He goes to great lengths to stress how uinbiased he is, but he's an opinionated AFL & St Kilda tragic, just as one-eyed and full of prejudices as next person. He keeps these pretty well hidden. He won't directly bag a club but will "ask questions" and let his callers pick up the ball and run with it.

Finey would have to be one of the most unbiased blokes I've heard on radio. I've never heard him say anything to suggest he's a w***er. I'm certain however he wouldn't care what you think of him. I'll have a go at a radio personality if I think there no good, but Finey is a gem.

Finey would have to be one of the most unbiased blokes I've heard on radio. I've never heard him say anything to suggest he's a w***er. I'm certain however he wouldn't care what you think of him. I'll have a go at a radio personality if I think there no good, but Finey is a gem.

Nice to have you here, Finey.

And, for the record, you're a big-headed nobody !

I know what you mean about all the emphasis on the Saints on SEN, but you Melbourne people are spoilt. Compared to what we have in Adelaide (5AA), SEN is bloody brilliant.

I stream their coverage via the net at work, also I listen via iphone apps just like I'm in Melbourne...haha 5AA is shite!

Remove this Banner Ad

Finey's Final Siren

Remove this Banner Ad

Back