Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a bit of a mare. Wasn't on his own. Will make way for returning senior quality after the bye on the back of that performance, so back to the VFL and keep working young man.
He's not an inside mid, doesn't go hard enough. He's not an outside mid either and can't perform in any other position. I think we now know why we are hesitant to play him

Fin, Sullivan and Harrison all struggled to get into the game. When fin and Sullivan had their chances they looked VFL level unfortunately.

Suggest you watch the replay. HH was huge late in Q3 and Q4 and Sully did a lot too including sticking several key tackles to force stoppages and nullify Kangas’ attacking drives. They are both a cut above Fin. (Especially HH.)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm sure nobody in the footballing world is surprised that Jack Macrae's brother is an appalling kick, but to see an AFL player double hand dropping the ball on their preferred side is truly mind-blowing. Hard to think about someone, ruckmen included, that's a worse kick of the football than this bloke.

If he wasn't a top 20 pick, we wouldn't even have a thread running on him anymore.
Up their with big Charlie Manson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although great in the 2nd half sidebottom and McCreery were bloody lucky the message wasn't sent to them. Frampton when having to do anything attacking was counter productive and Sullivan was nowhere all day
The message wasn’t sent to them because they’ve got runs in the bank and are proven at afl lvl. Fin is not, quite clearly tbh

Although great in the 2nd half sidebottom and McCreery were bloody lucky the message wasn't sent to them. Frampton when having to do anything attacking was counter productive and Sullivan was nowhere all day
Both those players go in hard. Fin doesn't, that's why we don't play him. I don't know if he will ever find it but he won't have a long career if he doesn't

To play ONE AFL game is a great achievement. He needs to remember he’s good enough to make it. However, not at our team. He needs to be mature and request a trade. He needs a fresh re-boot.

Last edited:
He lacks a bit of dog in him.
I don't think he'll be with the club next year.

IF Lobb is coming to the Pies (not that I want that), I could see him being the straight swap player. Fin might be better off with a fresh start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back