Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Sullivan offers more but all of them are VFL. Of the 4 id keep sully as cheap depth. But macrae has a contract
Sullivan is short and slow IMO.
Being older and physically stronger, is better on ball though.
Writing is on the wall for sure.
Richards and Macrae also competing against each other IMO.
Meh, we (Collingwood) move on.
Derek sure loves those Oakleigh Chargers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Hiney now saying a long the lines of if you can't run then you won't get a game lol. Pity he didn't use that logic at the time of the draft,
Different coach and different philosophy on the type of player said coach wanted.

I’d imagine that the prerequisites for Hines player rating system have changed in the last couple of years to be in line with the coaches wants/needs.

Different coach and different philosophy on the type of player said coach wanted.

I’d imagine that the prerequisites for Hines player rating system have changed in the last couple of years to be in line with the coaches wants/needs.

I think his ratings system is being changed on his behalf by Leppa.

Considering he said the running thing before Leppa was appointed as list manager, I doubt it.

I was referring to the comments made by Leppa

Has been posted previously by others - Justin Leppitsch has started in his new role as Pies list boss and is looking at new ways to rate and judge talent and current players as part of his new brief."

So if Macrae leaves the club,that would be yet another first round failure for Hine.His record is looking increasingly shaky now.
I don't think that all the blame can be laid on Hine. The COVID affected 2020 draft is looking like a shambles. More than half of the top 20 picks that year are looking like delistings or middling journeymen at best. Problem is that we managed to perfect storm it with our salary cap explosion forcing us to replace half a dozen experienced players with cheap draftees in one hit.

For Finns sake I hope he finds a new home that gives him more opportunity. The 2020 draft is looking like a real bust. We picked Henry (17), McCrae (19) and McInnes (23) - disaster. Missed Holmes at 20 who just won his first B&F at Geelong.

Don't think Fin has any standout attributes so can't see him being picked up by anyone else. Most probably stay on our list next year given he is contracted and then delist at the end of next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back