Firrito?

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't it simply stating that Jobe Watson is getting more possessions (on average) per game than Nick Dal Santo?

Well that is what I think aswell but apparently stats mean everything and they don't lie and unless Spud manages to get 25+ possessions he will never be any good because stats are the only way to tell how good a player is and what his worth to the team is.

Well that is what I think aswell but apparently stats mean everything and they don't lie and unless Spud manages to get 25+ possessions he will never be any good because stats are the only way to tell how good a player is and what his worth to the team is.
Well it does mean everything but one stat aint going to give enough information about one player. That is why I said stats not possessions. What about clearances, effective disposal, goals, behinds, contested possessions, 1 %, all that shit.

Well it does mean everything but one stat aint going to give enough information about one player. That is why I said stats not possessions. What about clearances, effective disposal, goals, behinds, contested possessions, 1 %, all that shit.

Is there a stat for hitting a guy on the tit from 50 metres through traffic?

Long kick, effective disposal, contested possession.

That's three individual stats that could be describing three separate incidents.

Is there a stat for running back with the flight of the ball to spoil against Jonathan Brown? Is there a stat for kicking the opening goal of a grand final?

I do agree that stats paint a picture, but it is only in black and white.

****ing amazing.

A week ago he had 20 touches, 9 tackles and kicked a banana from 45 out late in the last quarter of a 5 point win. Now he is VFL bound.

You couldn't dream this shit up.

I guess im looking for consistency from Spud...he is a proven AFL footballer but some of his kicking has been shithouse.Stats dont mean everything but he needs to do more than what he has been doing this year IMO.

Did you now?

It's not just this week I've had queries on him for a while now. Now he needs to prove me wrong by getting 25 + posessions.

So if his kicking is poor why would you want him to get more possessions?

Wouldn't it be a case of quality over quantity?
Bit of both. Would you rather have Simpson who gets 30 possessions but his disposal isn't great or would you rather have Matt Riggio who will only get 10 possessions but are effective disposal. Probably lean to possessions because you need to be getting the ball to have any chance of winning. Firrito is playing as an in and under player so if you're not getting the ball, it makes you pretty limited. You'll probably ask why I didn't say clearances and stuff, I actually do mean that, but I guess the broad stat would be possessions. Still need to get the ball. I just expect inside midfielders to have loads of possessions because then they can give it to the outside midfielders with minimal fuss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Firrito?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back