FTA-TV First Dates - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

So you look at pet sites, too? I even look at the shelter site where I got and surrendered my cat in the states.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's just the one near my sisters place that she's always fostering cats for. They have a no kill policy.

Half tempted to grab that little fluffy black fella she has atm as a buddy for Joy, was worried about having 2 cats if I had to move somewhere small but seeing as Perths real estate market is totally ridiculous atm that might be off the cards for a quite a while.. if at all.

The shelter back home was also a no kill site. They also want you to return the pet to them for whatever reason if you cant keep it. It was really hard to hand back my cat, Lily, but they informed me after I had returned to Melbourne that she had been adopted by an older woman who took her and another cat after her previous cat had died. I've donated to the shelter a few times from here.

I had been looking for a Russian Blue back home, but when I saw my Blue Point Siamese Snowshoe, Lily, I fell in love.

On this day.....

1248 Construction of the new Cologne Cathedral in the Gothic style begins with the laying of the foundation stone by Archbishop Konrad von Hochstaden (completed 1880 - just a slight overrun on the quoted time)

1519 Panama City founded by Spanish conquistador Pedro Arias Dávila

1903 New Zealand's All Blacks play their first Rugby Test Match against Australia's Wallabies at the Sydney Cricket Ground; New Zealand win 22-3

1939 "The Wizard of Oz", American film adaptation of L. Frank Baum's book, premieres at Grauman's Chinese Theatre; directed by Victor Fleming and King Vidor with cast featuring Judy Garland (Dorothy), Ray Bolger (Scarecrow), Jack Haley (Tin Man), Bert Lahr (Cowardly Lion), Frank Morgan (Wizard), Billie Burke (Glinda), and Margaret Hamilton (Wicked Witch); songs by Harold Arlen and Yip Harburg.

1947 GLEEP (Graphite Low Energy Experimental Pile), the first experimental nuclear reactor in Western Europe begins operation in Oxford, England

1947 India gains independence from Great Britain, remains a dominion until 1950

1948 Republic of Korea (South Korea) proclaimed (National Day)

1969 Woodstock Festival opens in Bethel, New York on Max Yasgur's Dairy Farm; performers include Richie Havens, Tim Hardin, Ravi Shankar, Melanie, Arlo Guthrie, and Joan Baez

1975 Indian action-adventure film "Sholay" directed by Ramesh Sippy, starring Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan is released, highest-grossing Indian film ever

1975 Joanne Little acquitted of murdering her prison guard in North Carolina - 1st woman to successfully use defense of deadly force to resist rape

1989 F. W. de Klerk becomes President of South Africa. No prizes for guessing what his initials stand for.
fwdk.jpg

1995 "Macarena" single is released by Los del Rio

1998 Omagh bombing in Northern Ireland, the worst terrorist incident of The Troubles, kills 29 people and injures about 220

2015 North Korea creates its own time zone -moving its clocks back half an hour to GMT+8.5

2019 60th annual finger wrestling (Fingerhakeln) championships takes place in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, southern Germany, part of Partenkirchner Festival week

2022 Scotland becomes the first country in the world to make period products free for all

:birthdaycake: Birthdays....

1717 Blind Jack [John Metcalf], English 1st professional roadbuilder, born in Knaresborough, Yorkshire, England (d. 1810)

1769 Napoléon Bonaparte, French military leader and Emperor of the French (1804-14, 1815), born in Ajaccio, Corsica, France (d.1821)

1954 Stieg Larsson, Swedish author (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), born in Skelleftehamn, Sweden (d.2004)

1967 Moulay Brahim Boutaib, Moroccan 10k runner (Olympic gold 1988)

1972 Ben Affleck, American Academy Award-winning screenwriter (Good Will Huntng), actor (Armageddon; Pearl Harbor), and BAFTA Award-winning director (Argo), born in Berkeley, California

1979 Ailyn Perez, American operatic soprano, born in Chicago, Illinois

1990 Jennifer Lawrence, American actress (Winter's Bone, Silver Linings Playbook), born in Louisville, Kentucky

:wedding: Weddings & Divorces :brokenheart:

1958 American rock singer-songwriter Buddy Holly (21) weds Puerto Rican-American record company receptionist María Santiago (25) at Tabernacle Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas

2009 Actor Joseph Fiennes (39) weds model María Dolores Diéguez in Tuscany, Italy

2009 Charmed actress Alyssa Milano (39) weds CAA agent David Bugliari in Bernardsville, New Jersey

Oh no Chicago1 someone just got their plug pulled at the home and away hospital.
I know. It was sad. It was rather personal for me. Twenty years ago on Saturday, my father's life support system was turned off after he, too, had a brain aneurysm. He was kept on life support after being declared brain dead until they could check to see if any of his organs would be acceptable for donation. He was 80 years old, but his liver was acceptable, and it went to a woman in her 40s with two teenage children. We were all there when the machines were turned off.

The transplant was a success. We remarked that we hoped the woman was a Democrat and a White Sox supporter. The White Sox won the World Series 14 months later. I'm sure that liver would have been jumping for joy in that woman.

Chicago1 are you devastated about Felicity dying?

I've only recently joined Big Footy but I've been entertained for a few years reading this thread, including your rants about Home and Away .
What do you mean "rants"?

I liked Felicity as a character. She seemed to have more of a personality than many of the other vanilla characters. Her hooking up with that River Boy was so typical. I wish Bree would have died instead. Or maybe Remi. Or maybe Kirby...

I checked, and this is your first non-footy post on BF? I am honoured.

I liked Felicity as a character. She seemed to have more of a personality than many of the other vanilla characters. Her hooking up with that River Boy was so typical. I wish Bree would have died instead. Or maybe Remi. Or maybe Kirby...

Should have killed off the new annoying one that's hooking up with Tane and getting pregnant already lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know. It was sad. It was rather personal for me. Twenty years ago on Saturday, my father's life support system was turned off after he, too, had a brain aneurysm. He was kept on life support after being declared brain dead until they could check to see if any of his organs would be acceptable for donation. He was 80 years old, but his liver was acceptable, and it went to a woman in her 40s with two teenage children. We were all there when the machines were turned off.

The transplant was a success. We remarked that we hoped the woman was a Democrat and a White Sox supporter. The White Sox won the World Series 14 months later. I'm sure that liver would have been jumping for joy in that woman.

Oh that must have brought everything back for you. I can only imagine how hard it would have been to go through.

Haha you're right this is my first non-footy post. I'm easing my way in.

My brother watches the show and he said he wanted it to be one of the band members that died. I don't think it was one of the names you mentioned. I think she just got engaged to the cop.

Rimmer: I used to be in the Samaritans.

Lister: I know. For one morning.

Rimmer: I couldn’t take it any more.

Lister: I don’t blame you. You spoke to five people and they all committed suicide. I wouldn’t mind, but one was a wrong number. He only phoned up for the cricket scores.

Rimmer: Well, it’s hardly my fault everyone chose that day to jump off buildings. It made the papers, you know. Lemming Sunday they called it.

Red Dwarf lmao.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV First Dates - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back