First Footy Show out of 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Happened to catch the first segment of it tonight and it was the same old stuff, which is understandable considering it rates so well.

Most revealing bit was when Brown, Buckley and Hird were each given their opportunity to say something on the ramifications of the Bulldogs scandal and said precisely, nothing.

Originally posted by Paralowiepower

Ditto. It's good I suppose they have added more um....well I don't know what you call them(fake reality tv stuff) in which they could have tried harder but yeah I'd have to agree 3/10. Just wasn't really as much hype or anything.

I only watched bits and pieces of the first half-hour.The set looked woeful.Especially the blurry backgrounds.

Nathan Browns crack about "He didn't know Tim McGrath had won 3 Brownlows" showed was a tosser he is.Is he suggesting people like Ron Barrassi,Kevin Bartlett,Kevin Sheedy and even Eddie McGuire have no right to make comment on footballers,simply because they haven't won a Brownlow ?

Re: Re: Re: First Footy Show out of 10

Thats what I mean, 3 minutes of not talking about Collingwood.
Do they realize interstate sides exist ?

First footy show complaint for 2004 goes to this guy 25 mins after the first ep.

A South Australian to boot.

Gave it a go tonight, and watched up until those hillarious sketches which had Sam Newman hosting different TV shows. :rolleyes:

Another proud moment in Australian television history!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First Footy Show out of 10

Still showing over here clown :rolleyes:

There were alot of teams that didn't get mentioned from Victoria too. (Dogs, Hawks, North etc.)

All they said about Collingwood was MMs fine and when Sam grilled Bux over the GF.

Boo Frickity Hoo!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First Footy Show out of 10

Originally posted by sp-mac
There were alot of teams that didn't get mentioned from Victoria too. (Dogs, Hawks, North etc.)

All they said about Collingwood was MMs fine and when Sam grilled Bux over the GF.

Boo Frickity Hoo!!!!
I just thought the whole show was crap, Eddie still crying about Brisbanes salary cap, Nathan Brown well he was good NOT
As stated the set was woeful. Sam looked old and nervous.
Tens after the game is miles better than this rubbish.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First Footy Show out of 10

I just thought the whole show was crap, Eddie still crying about Brisbanes salary cap, Nathan Brown well he was good NOT
As stated the set was woeful. Sam looked old and nervous.
Tens after the game is miles better than this rubbish.

I actually agree on all counts there which surprises me.

I still don't think the show is all Collingwood though.

The pre-season shows are generally ****house.
Even when the plumber broke Newman's nose a couple of years ago around the time of the first show , they ran out of jokes by the first break and were flat as a tack.

I only watched a few minutes of it where they were talking about player indiscretions and such, and was quite surprised that Fevola was treated so well in the discussion. I had expected that Trevor would have tried to get some mileage out of it for cheap laughs.

New season (almost) same old crap.
Newmans interview with the coaches was utterly nonsensical.
Daly Thompson was the saving grace of the show, very funny interview at times.
Street Talk was rubbish, even more than usual, and when it finished, I thought - "thats it?"
Once League Teams, White Line Fever, et all, plus the very good After the Game return, I won't need to watch the slow and sad demise of a once good show anymore.

Originally posted by wagstaff
Happened to catch the first segment of it tonight and it was the same old stuff, which is understandable considering it rates so well.

Most revealing bit was when Brown, Buckley and Hird were each given their opportunity to say something on the ramifications of the Bulldogs scandal and said precisely, nothing.

That's the trouble with having current players as panel members. They aren't allowed to say anything, so what's the point of them being there?

They need three former players with an opinion.

Originally posted by EssJayW
The interview with the 2 coaches was quite embarrassing.

I saw that. You are right, and I switched it off after that. Not from disgust, but boredom. I know the show is rating well, but it really does need an overhaul.

Remove this Banner Ad

First Footy Show out of 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back