Remove this Banner Ad

MoffOnTou

Club Legend
Suspended
Apr 26, 2002
Thank God Not Melbourne or Adelaide
Other Teams
Canterbury Bulldogs
Only a few weeks away, and after some exciting trials so far (and the world 7s), i cannot wait for the beginning of the season proper. With that in mind, i think its time to turn our collective hands to a bit of tipping! I've come up with a few categories, see what you can add and we can check back at the end of the year and see how everyone faired:

Premiership Winner: Canterbury
Spoon: West Tigers
Dally M (Player of the Year): Nathan Hindmarsh
Origin Winners: NSW
Biggest Surprise Packet: Willie Bishop if he gets a run with the Roosters
Most disappointing team: Brisbane
Players/Officals who will get into scandals: Usual Suspects, Terry Hill, George Piggins, Craig Coleman, Darrell Trindall
Grand Final Teams: Canterbury and Dragons

And to finish, the top 8 teams:

Canterbury
Parramatta
Roosters
Newcastle
Dragons
Cronulla
New Zealand
Souths

No Brisbane! :cool:

Cheers,
Moffo

Originally posted by MoffOnTou
Only a few weeks away, and after some exciting trials so far (and the world 7s), i cannot wait for the beginning of the season proper. With that in mind, i think its time to turn our collective hands to a bit of tipping! I've come up with a few categories, see what you can add and we can check back at the end of the year and see how everyone faired:
-----------------------------------------------------

Here's mine :

Premiership Winner: Canterbury
Spoon: West Tigers
Dally M (Player of the Year): Brad Fittler
Origin Winners: Q'ld.
Biggest Surprise Packet: Billy Slater
Most disappointing team: Melbourne Storm (due to injuries)
Players/Officals who will get into scandals: Hopefully that idiot who runs the Eels!! (lol) because of comments last year re the Storm/Eagles/etc.
Grand Final Teams: Canterbury and Warriors

Canterbury
Parramatta
Roosters
Newcastle
Dragons
Cronulla
New Zealand
Eagles

Cheers

• Banned
Don't be so hard on your team Ms Storm!

A team with Robbie Ross, Matt Geyer, Matt Orford, Scott Hill, Stephen Kearney, Rodney Howe, Marcus Bai and Robbie Kearns are top 8 potential if they go well

And with young guys such as Junior Langi and Billy Slater, if they fire, they could go well. How is Mason and the other english import going? (forget his name)

New coach, give them a chance before you write them off! The names mentioned above were the heart of the '99 premiership winning team

Cheers,
Moffo

Premiership Winner: Saints
Spoon: Cronulla (Hopefully)
Dally M (Player of the Year): Andrew Johns
Origin Winners: NSW
Biggest Surprise Packet: Brett Firman
Most disappointing team: Cronulla
Players/Officals who will get into scandals: Chris Anderson, Brett Kimmorley, George Piggins, Dennis Fitzgerald, John Ribot
Grand Final Teams: Canterbury and Saints

Saints
Canterbury
Newcastle
Sydney
Parramatta
Melbourne
New Zealand
Brisbane

Premiership Winner: Sydney Roosters
Spoon: Manly Scum
Dally M (Player of the Year): Stacey Jones, Freddy Fittler
Origin Winners: QLD
Biggest Surprise Packet: Willie Bishop if he gets a run with the Roosters. I agree 100% along with Sonny Bill Williams
Most disappointing team: Souths
Players/Officals who will get into scandals: Andrew Johns (nothing serious), Owen Craigie (drinking/obesity),
Dennis Fitzgerald (****er!!!)
Grand Final Teams: Canterbury Vs Sydney Roosters

Sydney Roosters
Canterbury
Parramatta
St.George
Brisbane
Cronulla
Newcastle
Penrith

Biggest Surprise Packet: Willie Bishop if he gets a run with the Roosters. I agree 100% along with Sonny Bill Williams

Moff and DH

Originally posted by MoffOnTou
Don't be so hard on your team Ms Storm!

A team with Robbie Ross, Matt Geyer, Matt Orford, Scott Hill, Stephen Kearney, Rodney Howe, Marcus Bai and Robbie Kearns are top 8 potential if they go well

And with young guys such as Junior Langi and Billy Slater, if they fire, they could go well. How is Mason and the other english import going? (forget his name)

New coach, give them a chance before you write them off! The names mentioned above were the heart of the '99 premiership winning team

Cheers,
Moffo

I'm bad aren't I....call me Ms.Pessimistic if you like:D

I sort of agree with you, but I feel the last few years we have had some bad luck and it has not gone away with all those pre-season injuries...just have a look at our injury list...all long-term.
I'm really disappointed about Leyshon's injury because he was just a revalation for the Storm last year.
Scotty Hill seems to have an ongoing problem with his knee.
McFadden's out indefinately.
Robbie Ross is out more than in:rolleyes: (unfortunately I think he's career's coming to an end.
Howe is past it and should retire.
Just to name a few......that's why I said we will be disappointing, because of the injuries and disappointing, because the Sydney press and certain personalities (i.e. John Singleton, the very latest) is always deathriding the team and league in Melb.

However, having said that, I feel we have a lot of good new young players about to emerge, i.e. Billy Slater.
I did see a couple of good young Vic. kids in the Vic. Rugby League Rep. team last Friday night.....its a pity they can't get a chance at the moment.

Hope I am wrong about this year though!
I feel it will be a year much the same as last year, but Storm's position on the ladder will be lower.
We have a really good coach so the future does look bright.

Remove this Banner Ad

First round tips?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back