Strategy Flinders Uni partnership

Remove this Banner Ad

First it was building the Burgo Academy with Uni SA, then the international students programs with Adelaide Uni, now its study/work at Alberton and get credit for your first year of a degree at Flinders uni.

Must be all those coaches and players moving between Alberton and Flinders University Stadium at Noarlunga that has had an impact.

Based at Alberton Oval, the Diploma in Sports Management will teach you the core skills needed to begin a career in sports management, backed by over 100 hours of practical and hands-on training with Port Adelaide players, management and staff.

With approximately 3 days a week at Alberton learning and practicing hands-on skills with other aspects of your study online, you’ll go behind the scenes and learn how an AFL club operates, gain vital marketing and event management skills, build your professional network and discover how you can make your mark in sports management.

On completion, you’ll be fully prepared to pursue a career in sports management, or step straight into the 2nd year of Flinders’ Bachelor of Business (Sports Management), Bachelor of Business or the Bachelor of Sport, Health and Physical Activity.

b20aecd8-a9f6-4d8a-aa9a-58f973cd5424.jpg

Last edited:
We Exist To…

• Help Holden workers get re-employed
• Enable Darren Burgess’ wacky theories on turning AFL footballers into fitness-transcendent supermen
House indigenous youths at Alberton Oval
• Be a pseudo-campus for tertiary students

At this point, sure, why not?

We Exist To…

• Enable Darren Burgess’ wacky theories on turning AFL footballers into fitness-transcendent supermen

Anything but premierships

So your saying I could get a job at ports!?

🤔 Taking Ken's job sounds good....
But you do it for free, not his $1mil a year.

We Exist To…

Looks more like a steady supply of short term cheap labour with the possibility to find the best students for permanent roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That are potentially outside of any soft cap?
Maybe but probably not much. It looks geared more to admin - business - marketing type roles, but it might help the SANFL and W footy programs more for people who want to be on the sports side rather than business side. Club article says;

or step straight into the 2nd year of Flinders’ Bachelor of Business (Sports Management), Bachelor of Business or the Bachelor of Sport, Health and Physical Activity.

I don't know if a sports science type degree is covered under this degree at Flinders.

I think this is a great capacity-building initiative. Hopefully, it will last longer than the UniSA partnership.
If done well it has the opportunity to do that. But the UniSA partnership showed it has to be done very well by both parties, to last long term.

This sort of stuff is dime a dozen.

The Club’s link with Flinders Uni goes back to 2012 when Richard Ryan, who was mainly involved in the NT but also listed on his c.v. the role of councillor at Flinders, came on the board.

So we’ve had periods of ‘co-operation’ with UniSA, Adelaide Uni and now again Flinders.

It takes no real smarts nor commercial acumen, nor real vision, to do a deal with a university. They need people like us.

We need more MGs, three or four more. But we no longer have the commercially worldly-wise executives to start up such projects let alone close them.

There are low-hanging juicy sponsor and partner fruit left hanging for others to pluck and suck into … while we‘re off somewhere else Chasing Greatness of some other minor or arcane description.

As for Richard Ryan, whom I thought a great deal of having sat with him at a dinner in Hong Kong in 2014, he left after a couple of years with a particular illness. He was sick of David Koch. Richard could pick people.

This sort of stuff is dime a dozen.

The Club’s link with Flinders Uni goes back to 2012 when Richard Ryan, who was mainly involved in the NT but also listed on his c.v. the role of councillor at Flinders, came on the board.

So we’ve had periods of ‘co-operation’ with UniSA, Adelaide Uni and now again Flinders.

It takes no real smarts nor commercial acumen, nor real vision, to do a deal with a university. They need people like us.

We need more MGs, three or four more. But we no longer have the commercially worldly-wise executives to start up such projects let alone close them.

There are low-hanging juicy sponsor and partner fruit left hanging for others to pluck and suck into … while we‘re off somewhere else Chasing Greatness of some other minor or arcane description.

As for Richard Ryan, whom I thought a great deal of having sat with him at a dinner in Hong Kong in 2014, he left after a couple of years with a particular illness. He was sick of David Koch. Richard could pick people.
Clearly, this isn't a sponsorship deal, so I am not sure the comparison with MG is accurate or productive.

Clearly, this isn't a sponsorship deal, so I am not sure the comparison with MG is accurate or productive.
It’s time- and energy-consuming for the Club to set up, promote and maintain for minimal or more likely zero commercial return.

The days of the Club being a charity and community glutton went with KT.

My comparison with MG is more than accurate and productive.

Do better, sunshine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Flinders Uni partnership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back