Religion Folau

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure what the union loving left on this board think but, In my opinion, I would personally argue that people should be able to have religious beliefs and freedom of speech. But should this include vilification?

If you believe people should have the right to vilify, what do you think about those crazy lunatics of the Liberal National Party, who everyone voted for? Those nutbags were sacking / retiring candidates this year, just prior to the election, people who were expressing their viewpoints and opinions on Facebook last year?

Folou's right to vilify $242k

You're looking at a contradiction here, one's view of free speech is another's of vilification. Also as I've pointed out earlier in this thread what is more damning is RA's policy is in contradiction of itself.

RA's "Issy you can't quote an excerpt from the bible saying people of different sexual orientation should repent or go to hell" It's in our policy"
Issy "RA you can't discriminate against my religious beliefs by terminating me" It's in your policy"

This case is worthy of popcorn!

Most do except for one or two

Not even close.

He will never be playing for Australia again. He will not be playing for the Waratahs again. He would not be welcome in any NZ based organisation ever now. I doubt he has a future in Super Rugby in any Australian franchise. He is seen as divisive and selfish. Not a good combo. Europe also will shy away. He may have a future in South Africa, thats where I would look if I was Izzy. You have zero clues however, clearly.

Or the believe in freedom of religion

Folau fighting unfair work dismissals that union's won't fund 300k
freedom of religion doesnt mean being able to be a campaigner to people you dont like in the name of your fairy tales. besides he is in fact enjoying his freedom of religion, because he isnt being put in jail or executed, and wasnt sacked because he is christian. he was sacked because he violated his contract which included a clause stating that he would not publicly express his hate speech while employed. he was free to sign or not sign the contract, free to obey or disobey it, and is now enjoying the freedom which is the consequence of his actions.

You're looking at a contradiction here, one's view of free speech is another's of vilification. Also as I've pointed out earlier in this thread what is more damning is RA's policy is in contradiction of itself.

RA's "Issy you can't quote an excerpt from the bible saying people of different sexual orientation should repent or go to hell" It's in our policy"
Issy "RA you can't discriminate against my religious beliefs by terminating me" It's in your policy"

just, no

Most religions discriminate due to political ideology as well as cherry-picked hatred of other people. Religious people also create laws, create punishments, redirect funding, and petition against the rights & opportunities of these people.

If the LNP had their way, no conservative would be able to use social media prior to an election.

Folau's non-LNP endorsed attempt to have the right to vilify - $260k

What balance !!

Or the believe in freedom of religion

Folau fighting unfair work dismissals that union's won't fund 300k

Is that correct, the players union are not supporting him?

freedom of religion doesnt mean being able to be a campaigner to people you dont like in the name of your fairy tales. besides he is in fact enjoying his freedom of religion, because he isnt being put in jail or executed, and wasnt sacked because he is christian. he was sacked because he violated his contract which included a clause stating that he would not publicly express his hate speech while employed. he was free to sign or not sign the contract, free to obey or disobey it, and is now enjoying the freedom which is the consequence of his actions.
I don’t agree with what Folau posted but gee you’re really milking the outrage on this non-issue.

That is why a society creates societal norms. So that people's free speech approach societal norms to avoid vilification. Even The Bible has previously changed to keep up with modern societal norms.

Additionally the image in Folau's post wasn't even a Bible quote and the text was based on a different Bible quote to the one Folau quoted in his text. The quote from The Bible that Folau quoted doesn't actually make any mention of homosexuality as a sin.

That is why a society creates societal norms. So that people's free speech approach societal norms to avoid vilification. Even The Bible has previously changed to keep up with modern societal norms.

Additionally the image in Folau's post wasn't even a Bible quote and the text was based on a different Bible quote to the one Folau quoted in his text. The quote from The Bible that Folau quoted doesn't actually make any mention of homosexuality as a sin.

So why bother ?
Perhaps you want to convert him !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The duality of The LNP

The LNP wants to create division, but does not want to be accountable for events which occur on 15th March
Morrison wants people to believe that what Folau says is ok in 2018 but not ok prior to an election in 2019

The easiest job in world politics is to be in opposition to the ALP.

You literally don't have to say or do ANYTHING in order to stay in power.

Last edited:
The duality of The LNP

The LNP wants to create division, but does not want to be accountable for events which occur on 15th March
Morrison wants people to believe that what Folau says is ok in 2018 but not ok prior to an election in 2019

What is the significance of Mar 15, pardon me.

Bit shallow given the LNP got support in the election a few weeks back, who are they seeking to divide?

What is the significance of Mar 15, pardon me.

Bit shallow given the LNP got support in the election a few weeks back, who are they seeking to divide?

Christchurch, in 2011 Mr Morrison allegedly devised an LNP strategy to capitalise on the electorate's growing concern about Muslim immigration.

Folau isnt speaking for your friend though
I thought cartwright was merely clarifying what 'fight for their life meant' and gave an example.
Don't see why you are muddying the waters.
His comment is laughable and has no idea.

........and the stupidity of people to be gullible enough to believe fairytales and hate others based on them

This is the entire cornerstone of the idiocy. Those who support it, AND those who get outraged by blatant absurdity.

If people had just shut up and left it hanging in space as the ridiculous turd that it is, it would have dissipated in to dust, but no, the industry of outrage had to breath life in to the ****ing thing and now it's taking on Frankenstein proportions, and OF COURSE, we libertarians, now have to support this idiots right to VERY publicly (thanks again PC virtue signalling morons) express his religious stupidity.

Christians think homosexuals go to hell?! FFS, when did this become news to people?!

This is the entire cornerstone of the idiocy. Those who support it, AND those who get outraged by blatant absurdity.

If people had just shut up and left it hanging in space as the ridiculous turd that it is, it would have dissipated in to dust, but no, the industry of outrage had to breath life in to the ****ing thing and now it's taking on Frankenstein proportions, and OF COURSE, we libertarians, now have to support this idiots right to VERY publicly (thanks again PC virtue signalling morons) express his religious stupidity.

Christians think homosexuals go to hell?! FFS, when did this become news to people?!
the standard you walk past is the standard you accept. since when did ignoring discrimination and hate make it go away?

Remove this Banner Ad

Religion Folau

Remove this Banner Ad

Back