Foley or Dragga

Remove this Banner Ad

rioli17

Senior List
Oct 17, 2002
Melbourne
Other Teams
Richmond
A question to anyone that has seen the coburg side, would either Foley or draga look at all likely at a senior berth this season..i would think Foley unlikely given his size however Dragga continues to knock up possessions and with his size and bit of experience could be handy

Personally I don't think either will make the grade this year and that unfortunately means the end of dragga career at Richmond.

I just cannot see him taking someons spot in our team - his low to mid 20 possessions with cobufg just will not translate to the seniors. I see him in the steinfort league has continuing his career at VFL level only. I hope i am wrong for his sake.

Foley probably won't come up this year either but we must stop him from being swiped from us - in other words keep him as a rookie next year or better still draft him. I see him as the hard working midfielder that cambo was (still love cambo - but see him more as a general on HBF or sneeking into the forward line now and again for a set up or snap) or the genuine small that rodan may or may not be.

If anyone gets the call up it will be Kelvin Moore - a tall who has support at tigerland from Miller. Came to us from outside the U18's and will be a good player - still learning the game.

Just compiled this from a few other sources (i.e. Eye of the Tiger and Coburg/VFA Websites) with regards to our Rookies season's so far:

MARC DRAGACEVIC

Preseason Training
Noel Duncan (RFC Fitness Coach): 'Dragga' had a bit of a setback when he was delisted, but he's come back (on to the rookie list) and worked very hard in an effort to regain his place on the list. He's been a quiet achiever in the way that he's gone about it. Has put on some more weight, which has been the focus for most of the guys throughout the pre-season. Marc's speed-endurance is something that he's been working on and, fortunately, he's been injury-free.

Vs Sandringham
11 kicks, 12 handballs, 1 mark

Vs Springvale (named in best)
12 kicks, 10 handballs, 6 marks, 1 goal
David Flood: Marc Dragicevic has been most consistent, winning a lot of ball and using it well. His ability to run with the ball through the corridor shows that his levels of confidence are increasing.

Vs Williamstown
8 kicks, 9 handballs, 0 marks, 1 goal
David Flood: Did a lot of ‘grunt’ work throughout the game. Also showed good leadership skills in organising players at the stoppages (particularly important in the absence of injured pair Simon Fletcher and Adam Houlihan). Kept surging the ball forward when kicking into the wind in the last quarter, and kicked the match-sealing goal. Another impressive performance from ‘Dragga’.

Vs Box Hill (named in best)
14 kicks, 12 handballs, 6 marks, 1 goal
David Flood: Is getting better each week. Worked hard through the midfield, but looked dangerous across half-forward. Continues to show admirable leadership qualities. The challenge now for him is to maintain his fine form as opposition sides start to try and negate his influence.

Vs Northern Bullants (named in best)
16 kicks, 14 handballs, 2 marks, 1 goal
David Flood: Continued his excellent form. Had 30 touches against quality midfielders. Good to see him bursting hard from stoppages . . . One particular piece of play where he won the ball deep in defence, and then linked up on the wing, was sensational. Is also winning the ball in-close extremely well, making him a really dangerous player. His fitness is improving each week and his performance is lifting at the same rate.

NATHAN FOLEY

Preseason
Noel Duncan (RFC Fitness Coach):A rookie player -- very quiet -- who has also been most impressive throughout the pre-season. Trains very hard and with plenty of enthusiasm. We'll just slowly build up Nathan's size over the years. He's very quick, agile and has excellent skills.

VFL Round 1 Vs Sandringham
Did not play for Coburg. May have played for Coburg reserves but not sure.

VFL Round 2 Vs Springvale
Played for Coburg Reserves. Named BOG.

VFL Round 3 Vs Williamstown
6 kicks, 9 handballs, 0 marks, 1 goal
David Flood (Coburg Coach) comment: Certainly didn’t look out of place in his first appearance at this level. Got better as the match wore on. Good hands around the ball and, overall, used it pretty well. With that game under his belt, should improve in the coming weeks.

VFL Round 4 Vs Box Hill
15 kicks, 2 handballs, 1 mark, 2 goals
David Flood’s comment: Good game. Looked sharp when up forward, and moved impressively when in the midfield. Best of all, however, was the last 15 minutes when he was shifted down back against a quality opponent. Led him to the ball and was clean with his hands. Is also getting to the right spots, which will assist with his consistency.

VFL Round 5 Vs Northern Bullants
9 kicks, 3 handballs, 1 mark, 1 goal
David Flood’s comment: Looked a little indecisive up forward early on, but really gave the side a lift in the second half. Forced the ball forward with some quick kicks at crucial stages, and kicked a great goal in the last quarter to further underline his potential.

KELVIN MOORE

Preseason
Noel Duncan (RFC Fitness Coach): One of our rookies from last year, Kel has learnt a significant amount from being at the Club during 2003. He has gone about his training in a quite, professional manner, with a major focus on intensity and quality work. Has increased all his strength measures, has put on more than 3kg and, at a height of 188cm, has excellent physical attributes.

VFL Round 1 Vs Sandringham
9 kicks, 3 handballs, 3 marks

VFL Round 2 Vs Springvale
6 kicks, 2 handballs, 4 marks
David Flood’s comment: Kelvin Moore, down back, has been excellent – really solid and reliable.

VFL Round 3 Vs Williamstown
6 kicks, 1 handball, 2 marks
David Flood’s comment: Produced another solid game in the backline, shading a more experienced opponent in Ben Kinnear. Probably didn’t use the ball as well as he can, but the tough conditions certainly didn’t help in that regard. Has had a really good start to the year and should now be starting to hit peak fitness and form.

VFL Round 4 Vs Box Hill
4 kicks, 0 handballs, 3 marks
David Flood’s comment: Another solid performance. Very good when he ball’s in the air and, as strength improves, will be able to compete better under the high ball against bigger opponents. Is ready to step up a notch and add some attacking elements to his game alongside his sound defensive qualities.

VFL Round 5 Vs Northern Bullants
6 kicks, 1 handball, 1 mark
David Flood’s comment: Another solid performance in defence. Kicked in well when required, switched play intelligently to initiate some rebound for the team and, overall, continued his good start to the season. Will be looking for him to raise the bar again after the bye.

He's very quick, agile and has excellent skills.

Im excited about this guy. Somethin about him. You look at davey and what a pickup he was and he has nothing of him like body shape wise so yeh.

Originally posted by wrennyboy
Im excited about this guy. Somethin about him. You look at davey and what a pickup he was and he has nothing of him like body shape wise so yeh.

Wrenny - he is nothing like an Aaron Davey type player (think craig lambert) but could around longer than davey.

If Foley and Moore keep going the way they started the season, no reason why they wont be put up next year. It would have been nice if they could get a couple of games at the end of the year just to get a taste for senior footy, if we had any LT injuries and were out of any finals running.

Dont think Dragga would play in the midfield if he was to get a senior call up. Probably one of the pockets. I still think he's a chance. He tries hard in the VFL and knows how to find the footy. Too early to write off.

Originally posted by 1980
If Dont think Dragga would play in the midfield if he was to get a senior call up. Probably one of the pockets. I still think he's a chance. He tries hard in the VFL and knows how to find the footy. Too early to write off.

I agree with you 1980.

One of things that has been pleasing watching Dragga this year has been his attack on the footy. Certainly no fear going into packs.

Last year he appeared to be really concerned, at times, about re-hurting his knee. Subsequently, he didn't seem to go in as hard as maybe he could have or should have.

On last sundays game

Nathan Foley (9 kicks, 10 handballs, 3 marks, 1 goal): Spent more time in the midfield and again picked up possessions all over the ground. Read the game well and link-up work was good. Needs to stay accountable around stoppages. Overall, is making impressive progress.

Marc Dragicevic (12 kicks, 11 handballs, 2 marks, 1 goal): Got better as the game wore on. Was involved in four of our five final-term goals and finished full of running after appearing to find it hard to pick up the tempo early on.

Originally posted by peejay

If anyone gets the call up it will be Kelvin Moore - a tall who has support at tigerland from Miller. Came to us from outside the U18's and will be a good player - still learning the game.

With all else appearing to crumble all i can say is.

In greg we trust.

Congrats kelvin and make every post a winner.

Keep the Faith

Remove this Banner Ad

Foley or Dragga

Remove this Banner Ad

Back