Football (Round Ball) Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

Great player. Let's see how he coaches.
Won the ACL with the Wanderers a few years ago which was massive and has been relatively successful within the small pond of the A League. Does hold the record for most GF losses at 5 mind you.

I think its a pretty uninspiring appointment TBH. They did it so quickly which suggests they didnt really look that hard for anyone else.

Won the ACL with the Wanderers a few years ago which was massive and has been relatively successful within the small pond of the A League. Does hold the record for most GF losses at 5 mind you.

I think its a pretty uninspiring appointment TBH. They did it so quickly which suggests they didnt really look that hard for anyone else.

Football Australia seems to look for home-grown coaches. Gone are the days of a Venables or Hiddink.

Football Australia seems to look for home-grown coaches. Gone are the days of a Venables or Hiddink.
It does seem that way, and outside of Muscat who didnt want the job, he's probably the most credentialled outside of Ange who is otherwise engaged.

Its a very "Adelaide Crows" type of appointment.

It does seem that way, and outside of Muscat who didnt want the job, he's probably the most credentialled outside of Ange who is otherwise engaged.

Its a very "Adelaide Crows" type of appointment.
Tony Popovc has good coaching credentials. I am happy with the appointment. Our challenge is to get through the Asian group and that is where I believe he will excel as a player in Asia and coach of a team that won the Asian club championship. AFC Coach of the Year: 2014 and that's not the Adelaide Football club. :)

You get the feeling it's about recovering from where are at, hopefully qualifying and see where that lands us

Tony Popovc has good coaching credentials. I am happy with the appointment. Our challenge is to get through the Asian group and that is where I believe he will excel as a player in Asia and coach of a team that won the Asian club championship. AFC Coach of the Year: 2014 and that's not the Adelaide Football club. :)
He did win the ACL, albeit with some friendly refereeing.

Since then he hasnt won anything at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This disaster has been 2 or 3 years in the making. Popovic is not capable of turning this mess around.

Need to inject some speed into the game, the slow and aimless build ups just playing into China’s hands.

The sealer :)

The sealer

Diy Flex GIF by J-B Weld

Remove this Banner Ad

Football (Round Ball) Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back