Jerome

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows, Centrals
I spotted this survey in The Mercury July 5 2001. For those Tasmanians who do not have access to The Merc or have missed Thursday's edition here are the questions:

1. Do you support the Tasmanian Football Club in the VFL? Yes/No

2. Should the Statewide League be re-established? Yes/No

3. Do you support regional football? Yes/No

4. Do you believe junior football is in good shape? Yes/No

5. Are there enough women involved in football? Yes/No
If no, what aspect of football do you believe women should be involved in ...

6. Have you been to see Tasmania play this year? Yes/No

7. Are you a member of the Tasmania Football Club? Yes/No

8. What is the best time to schedule VFL games in Tasmania? Friday Night/Saturday Night/Saturday arvo/Sunday arvo

9. At which venues should Tasmania play VFL games?
Nth Hobart, York Park, Devonport, Burnie, Ulverstone?
York Park
Nth Hobart

10. Should Tasmania's VFL team have a nickname? Yes/No
If Yes, which do you prefer -
Devils
Titans
Tasmania
van Diemens
Pioneers
Mariners
Lions
Other...

I only got this today and I will write up a letter to go with the survey. I hate everyone of the suggested nicknames, I'd like to see them called the Sharks or the Dragons.

Send your survey to Football Survey, c/Football Tasmania. 57d Brisbane St, Hobart, Tasmania 7000

On July 20 one survey participant will be drawn to win a framed Tasmanian jumper digned by the 2001 team and four tickets to Tassies next AFL game.

What are your thoughts?

Jerome

I believe that double headers should be programmed @ north hobart oval.

Is andy bennet still coaching sandy bay?

Eddie,

I am not sure what Andy Bennet is doing these days. I do know that Sandy Bay FC was killed off by Football Tasmania a few years ago :(

Jerome

Nickname for Tasmania

This probably sounds like a weird nickname for a team but I won't mind Tasmania being called Tasmania Timber. It's unique, represents Tasmania's large areas of wilderness, and symbolises tall, strong players.

No one else probably agrees with the nickname :) but I thought it sounded unique and not like the usual nicknames.

I also like the sound of: the Sharks, the Dragons, the Whales, the Titans, the Storm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back