Footy Live app by Sportsmate Mobile

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL footy live 2012 - App

The official player portraits that came in about halfway through the year will be missed. And I generally liked the more condensed player list, but everything else looks pretty interesting.

Love that you can sync your team's fixture to your iPhone calendar too, such a handy feature!

No NAB cup fixtures or ladder - fail

Sportsmate Mobile have been very tardy. They only released the 2012 NRL app yesterday, after Round 1 had been completed, and they haven't released the 2012 Super Rugby app yet. Fixtures have been out for 4 months.

Hi guys. We noticed this thread and thought it would be good to join the forum to interact with more of our users and see if we can help with any problems you're having (and also thank you for your kind comments)! We sincerely appreciate the feedback of our users and know the success of our apps is thanks to your support over the years.

NB: Our profile only says 'Melbourne' because that's where we're located and BF registration wouldn't let us be neutral as far as clubs go :)

If you haven't downloaded our AFL apps yet, here are a couple of handy links:
Don't forget, we are also active at:

I believe there is an android version too. Very polished app, makes the AFL and bigpond look like a bunch of amateurs imo

Aww shucks! We love the clean design and hope that our fans do as well. The Android version actually came out prior to iTunes because the latter has a more rigorous approval process. You can find the links to both apps above.

The official player portraits that came in about halfway through the year will be missed. And I generally liked the more condensed player list, but everything else looks pretty interesting.

We really miss the player profile photos too, however it's out of our hands (unless someone wants to throw a few mil our way to buy AFL media rights?!)

Love that you can sync your team's fixture to your iPhone calendar too, such a handy feature!

We love this too - never miss a game! A small number of users who had used the calendar sync last year reported a problem where their fixture was not updating with the 2012 details. Here's a quick fix if you find it happens to you:

Go to Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars --> Subscribed Calendars --> Select the relevant calendar --> Delete Account --> Return to the app and sync again.

And hey presto! Your club's 2012 schedule will be loaded into your phone.

No NAB cup fixtures or ladder - fail

Sportsmate Mobile have been very tardy. They only released the 2012 NRL app yesterday, after Round 1 had been completed, and they haven't released the 2012 Super Rugby app yet. Fixtures have been out for 4 months.

We made the difficult decision not to cover NAB Cup this year in favour of completing a more polished product. We hope that our users would prefer an app that is fast, reliable and packed with features rather than live pre-season scores. Sorry we didn't include NAB Cup scores this time around, but we know you're going to like what we have on the table this year (it might surprise you just how long it takes to create 18 individual team apps! ;)) - see below for more

As for the rugby codes, we submitted both products to Apple for approval at the same time as AFL. Unfortunately once the app leaves our office, the process (and timing) is no longer in our hands. While it's not ideal to start NRL and S15 seasons without 2012 versions of the app, we went to every effort to ensure that live scores and stats could still be followed as usual through the 2011 versions (we publicised this within the news section of each app and also via our social networks).

The Android Version doesn't have the Head to head function either :( I'm not sure why they don't do the same app on both platforms. Also - the stats section says Coming soon.

The H2H and stat feeds are among the most complicated elements of the app for our guys to code. We decided to release the app in its current state and add these components in a forthcoming update. We know fans love these features and they are among our highest priorities.

Seem to remember last year that only the official AFL app had live stats, something the Slattery one is claiming to have.
Not any more! The 2012 versions of Aussie Rules live will contain LIVE stats as well as scores.

Want to know how many disposals your favourite player has had? Bam. You'll know with the tap of a finger. No more waiting until the next siren to find these numbers.

Looks like Sportsmate will release team-based apps as well, judging by these shots from their FB page : http://www.facebook.com/sportsmate#!/media/set/?set=a.250597851694994.60661.214076908680422&type=1

That's right! Announced just a few days ago, we're excited to be releasing 18 individual - and free - team apps (for iPhone only at this stage). In fact, our development team is submitting them to Apple as I type this! We're hoping they will be available in the tail end of next week.

The essence of these apps is not only to provide you with news, stats, fixture and a digital almanac history of your club, but to generate a 'Pulse'. What sort of news makes supporters tick? What fills you with confidence? What shatters confidence? Sportsmate will push frequent articles, polls, videos and more through each team's Pulse feed for you to interact with.

Furthermore, the apps will feature live chat rooms, social media integration and more!

Here are a few example screens from team Pulse pages:

VkfGi.png
IND9C.png
LlUA8.png

Here's a promo image, however we strongly suggest you head to our Facebook page to view the graphics from each team. We're excited about this release and we hope you guys are too.

57iPi.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really miss the player profile photos too, however it's out of our hands (unless someone wants to throw a few mil our way to buy AFL media rights?!)

Not to worry, the enlarged numbers will be of greater benefit anyway.

Must congratulate your lot on the app. It was invaluable this year and it looks to be even moreso this year.

Just upgraded, thanks

Just a quick update to let you guys know that our 18 (free) team Pulse apps were submitted last night. The Apple approval process usually takes 5-6 days, so we're hoping they will be ready within a week.

We've posted example artwork for each club on our Facebook page if you want to check it out.

Thanks for your ongoing support.

Minor, super-nerdy gripe - the WB icon should have separate white and red stripes now, and look more like the Adelaide icon.

/inane nitpicking

I wonder how the team apps will compare to those by Genero Communications Pty Ltd, I never tried them.

SportsMate, you might be able to get one of the BF Overlords to change your team to Unlisted.

Suggestions:
- allow the user to move tabs around (eg. move Stats to the start)
- when it's available, update the TV schedule before Round 1 for all rounds, rather than week by week
- add international locations in Settings (EUR, GBR, NZL, USA) for international TV schedules
- add All/Team button to top right of TV tab, as per GameDay tab
- even better, incorporate the TV tab into the Game Day tab with a Game/TV toggle button in the top left, so you could quickly and easily switch between Game/Round, Game/Club, TV/Round and TV/Club
- have the NAB Cup fixture and ladder in for next season
- app for English Premier League (from next season)?
- app for Euro 2012?

The 2012 versions of Aussie Rules live will contain LIVE stats as well as scores.

Want to know how many disposals your favourite player has had? Bam. You'll know with the tap of a finger. No more waiting until the next siren to find these numbers.
Well goddamn, nearly missed this. That's awesome news :thumbsu:

@ Sportsmate - Question

Why do you concentrate on Apple users more so than android users? The number of Android users has overtaken the number of apple users in Australia which begs the question as to why are you developing for Apple users primarily and leaving Android users as an after thought?

Here's an article from last year about the Numbers.
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...pples-iphone-in-australia-20110818-1iz88.html

Either way, I love your apps. I would just like to see the EXACT same apps on both platforms. Atleast with Android the Submission process isn't as ridiculous.

I wonder how the team apps will compare to those by Genero Communications Pty Ltd, I never tried them.

SportsMate, you might be able to get one of the BF Overlords to change your team to Unlisted.

Suggestions:
- allow the user to move tabs around (eg. move Stats to the start)
- when it's available, update the TV schedule before Round 1 for all rounds, rather than week by week
- add international locations in Settings (EUR, GBR, NZL, USA) for international TV schedules
- add All/Team button to top right of TV tab, as per GameDay tab
- even better, incorporate the TV tab into the Game Day tab with a Game/TV toggle button in the top left, so you could quickly and easily switch between Game/Round, Game/Club, TV/Round and TV/Club
- have the NAB Cup fixture and ladder in for next season
- app for English Premier League (from next season)?
- app for Euro 2012?

Thanks for the feedback. We'll handball it across to our development team for discussion.

Great work again Sportsmate, easily the best AFL App out there.

Cheers! There are plenty out there, so we're humbled that you think we're leading the pack. Here's to another big season/

Well goddamn, nearly missed this. That's awesome news :thumbsu:

You bet! It's 2012 and the demand for LIVE sport has never been stronger. While we can't actually stream games (unless you've got 1.25 billion behind the couch that you could spot us?) we are able to provide you with stats and scores as they happen. That's the cornerstone of what Sportsmate does.

@ Sportsmate - Question

Why do you concentrate on Apple users more so than android users? The number of Android users has overtaken the number of apple users in Australia which begs the question as to why are you developing for Apple users primarily and leaving Android users as an after thought?

Here's an article from last year about the Numbers.
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...pples-iphone-in-australia-20110818-1iz88.html

Either way, I love your apps. I would just like to see the EXACT same apps on both platforms. Atleast with Android the Submission process isn't as ridiculous.

The short answer is that we are well aware of the rapid growth of Android users and we're aiming to create identical apps on both platforms. The long answer is that since our initial builds were for iOS (with which we developed a huge following), we have had to learn Android very quickly! As you may or may not know, the complexity of Android development is somewhat higher than iOS, but we are working as quickly and efficiently as we can to appease our Android users.

And yes, you're right... the app submission process is much easier!

Love this app, each and every year it never fails! 20x better than the official AFL app. Well done Sportsmate!

Cheers Millsy. Glad to hear you rank us #1!

@sportsmate

Not good enough - hahaha just kidding. I really hope you get the android stuff down pat sooner rather than later (I'm an Android user) - Also a suggestion - make the apps (pulse and AFL live) suitable for tablets.

Currently the Live app only works in portrait mode on my transformer Tablet, so I can't use it properly when I have the tablet docked. Small issue maybe - but will just make the app even better than it already is.

Once again - I can't wait to have what the Apple nerds have!

:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Live app by Sportsmate Mobile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back