voodooguru

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2007
Asgard (Melbourne)
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
76ers, Serena, MF DOOM
Who, over this last weekend, said that while Kevin Bartlett is a very intelligent person he's also as stubborn as he is bald? That was good radio. I (kinda) love KrazyBaldhead29, but he's never been wrong in his life,:rolleyes:.

At the very end of first weekend that SEN did live footy, I won a hundred bucks worth of booze for the best call so I've pretty much given them my fool attention. OT - I knew just what to say to get that booze. I think it was Huddo who tried to give it to someone else but he was shouted down, lol.

My favourite radio is Off The Bench for three hours on Saturday morning. Believe it - Jabba the Hutch gives good, irreverent, funny radio. Liam Pickering has a finger in every pie chart and Dr. Turf is an incorrigible.

My least favourite radio is The Ox calling Sydney games. The second or third time I heard him call, his co-commo made a little joke about - well let's just say he made a little joke that could be taken as an explanation but to repeat it here might be giving it too much weight.

No weeing on monuments intended but it was the absolute worst thing ever, listening to Oxy, twice (minimum). Shambolic.

I can't pick a station. To me they all equally let me down. I seem to flick between;

Triple M, mostly for Cometti and the odd Frawley moment,
SEN, seem to have the most unbias coverage and,
3AW only because the other two seem so bad, but then realise it is even worse and switch of the radio altogether.

I can't pick a station. To me they all equally let me down. I seem to flick between;

Triple M, mostly for Cometti and the odd Frawley moment,
SEN, seem to have the most unbias coverage and,
3AW only because the other two seem so bad, but then realise it is even worse and switch of the radio altogether.

Generally speaking and as a Swans man, I can relate to this. So often I think, "Dude, you're getting PAID for this? Do your homework! Prepare!"

The number of times I hear commos repeating rubbish (instead of coming up with their own rubbish) is a worry, but I'm still, for the most part, addicted to footy radio.

I usually like SEN, but they're destined to always be doing the worst game. Often that involves us (which is) good, but you know they'll also be doing GWS vs Gold Coast for the next 10 years.

Triple M is alright calling the game, but their pre-match 'banter' is hideous. A few years ago it was amusing, then it tipped over into self-indulgent.

3AW is basically useless at the MCG or Etihad because it sounds like it's being transmitted from the bottom of a copper mine in Rwanda.

If I had to pick one I would normally go Triple M. I usually don't mind what game I'm listening to as long as I hear the Hawks when they are on.

If I had to pick one I would normally go Triple M. I usually don't mind what game I'm listening to as long as I hear the Hawks when they are on.
Substitute Swans for Hawks, ditto with cheese. This usually means SEN (and the OX) or the ABC.
I listen to a lot of non-game day talk too, but I eat steamed veg so I can make it to the next Saturday morning and Off The Bench.

it depends a lot on which game i'm more interested in.

i really like triple m on a friday night and saturday afternoon. i like the self-indulgence. i think it's funny, and i like blokey blokes not taking themselves too seriously. it generally mixes the footy and the funny stuff pretty well.

i like abc a lot as well. you come to love no ads listening to the abc, and generally i think they have the best pure analysts.

never listen to 3aw. there's not a person on that station that doesn't piss me off.

Use to love the banter on 3aw when they had Rex and wallsy. Went off them a bit when they brought in Taylor and LLoyd.
Try listening to MMM before the game but usually flick back to listen to the inquisition on saturdays and sundays.Usually pick up a good bit of opinion from Alves and meclure who i both love.
For calls it'd be ABC first if Gerard was calling.
I'd listen to SEN if it had less of Dermott.

Who, over this last weekend, said that while Kevin Bartlett is a very intelligent person he's also as stubborn as he is bald? That was good radio. I (kinda) love KrazyBaldhead29, but he's never been wrong in his life,:rolleyes:.

That was Mike Sheahan on On The Couch.

In Perth we had commercial FM radio calling games for a while but now it's back to Redneck AM (6PR) and ABC. I always go with ABC but since Mitchell left I've tired of CLint Wheeldon's faux 'hard man' efforts and the new guy who doesn't seem to know a lot sometimes. Might give 6PR a go again soon if it continues.

Friday Nights are SEN. Triple M on Saturday Afternoons with Dennis and JB is often great while Saturday Nights and Sundays are 3AW. Sat & Sun Twilight SEN. Pretty even share, bad luck K-Rock and ABC!

Any time Stan Alves or Chris Grant are on the radio I listen, so it's ABC all the way.

BT is a buffoon so 3AW is out, can't stand SEN and MMM on a Saturday afternoon has pushed the self-indulgence meter to the limit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

774 gets my vote. Whately and Morphett are as good a callers as are going around. And Parkin, Grant and Alves are extremely good with special comments.

The downside is Chris Connolly. Has an inflated opinion of his capacity and shouldn't be doing special comments while he's a paid employee of a club. Along with a few others in the media. And Kelly Underwood - her voice and calling style just grates.

I have listened to Triple M football since 2003 or 2004, when it was basically JB, BT, Sam, Chief, Derm pretty sure Hutchy was on pre game as well back then. To this day I will still not miss the Friday Game or the Saturday Afternoon game mainly due to James Brayshaw and the chemistry he has with Lyon, Frawley, Chua. Barret and Newman.
I just love JB's style of calling the game it is never boring, very accurate, funny etc. Their pre game on these two days are very very good I think they get the right mix of Self Indulgence and serious football talk (for me anyway). This year the standard on the Friday pre-game show for the first hour has dropped a bit mainly due because Luke Darcy (while JB is coming in from doing the drive show) is hosting the show, he doesn't have anywhere near the hosting abilities of JB.

I listen to 3aw football on a Sunday afternoon I like listening to the Sunday pre-game without BT ( is it me or has that bloke become a cancer since he has left MMM?). Also listen 3AW sports today program if I have finished work on time.

Never really listen to SEN during the game or pre-game, but will listen to Finey on a Friday & Sunday night if I get the chance

In Perth we had commercial FM radio calling games for a while but now it's back to Redneck AM (6PR) and ABC. I always go with ABC but since Mitchell left I've tired of CLint Wheeldon's faux 'hard man' efforts and the new guy who doesn't seem to know a lot sometimes. Might give 6PR a go again soon if it continues.

Have to admit the ABC coverage in WA has been sadly lacking since Glen Mitchell moved on. Can't cop Weeldon's nasally tone and he seems largely up himself but lacks substance. And the other bloke, Corbin Whoever is a little to opinionated for a young bloke. Just needs to call the action and forget about the editorial comments on the game.mleave it those whose opinions matter.

Tgle
6PR is the only commercial station I'll actively listen to for commentary over ABC (via internet radio, that is).

Only for games at Subi, though. Though their away team isn't too bad either.

Have also been impressed with the small amount of AFL Live commentary I've heard.[/quo
Glenn Michell was horrible doing the cricket. Described every ball like it was a grenade about to explode on the poor unfortunate batsman. Been out of the loop for a few weeks, but where's Tony Leonard?

Remove this Banner Ad

Radio Footy Radio Tragic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back