footydraft.com update

Remove this Banner Ad

windows said:
Looks to me like plenty of people cared Macca - you got plenty of responses for a pretty good list.
Can't say I pay too much attention to phantom drafts unless I know who does them or know that they are regular U18 watchers. Probably 6 or 8 really worthwhile posters on here are all I worry that much about. Far too many drafts have appeared over the years from people who see one or two games.

People who ask two days ago if the AA U18 team is out yet and wonder who Danny Stanley is worry me a bit.

ant555 said:
Not quite sure what you mean with this ? I am saying we will draft a mobile tall with one of our first two picks and wont be hugely active in trade week and these two guys would back up my theory. Bolton is contracted for another year , he will no doubt be offered up again for trade but if he didnt attract interest last year then he wont this year.
Henno should be gone but he may end up staying if Richards is traded and Hunt or Zantuck are sent on their way.
Someone said you need a tall and I said sarcasticly what about the superstars like Henneman and Bolton who Sheedy has talked up for years...if they do get traded then you are a certainty for a tall.

footyman said:
Someone said you need a tall and I said sarcasticly what about the superstars like Henneman and Bolton who Sheedy has talked up for years...if they do get traded then you are a certainty for a tall.

I think we are anyway, more than likely with our first pick ;)

spanky ham said:
Can't argue with that. There seems to be some OK prospects from up north this year. Will you be adding Nate Roffey to Footydraft after his camp invite and good results in the sprint and vertical leap?

I have only seen Roffey play once (Allies game) and while that is not enough to make a meaningful judegement he certainly didn't stand out either. I have him listed at 193cm which is too small to get taken as a ruckman, even with a leap to compensate.

footyman said:
A bit of an update based on the father son annoucement of Neagle and I'm fairly sure Tuck will be taken as well, the TAC Grand Final, Draft Camp and a few tapes I have watched during the week.

Will get a much better idea after trade week which clubs are going to be active and who won't and what they need.

A couple more WA profiles added as well by Linga for Oakley-Nicholls and Riggio.

www.footydraft.com
Wow big push up for Nathan Jones in this update. Why the change of heart? Why isn't Dale Thomas top 10? His draft test results were very good were they not? He seems to have a lot of potential upside to him.

footyman said:
Can't say I pay too much attention to phantom drafts unless I know who does them or know that they are regular U18 watchers. Probably 6 or 8 really worthwhile posters on here are all I worry that much about. Far too many drafts have appeared over the years from people who see one or two games.

People who ask two days ago if the AA U18 team is out yet and wonder who Danny Stanley is worry me a bit.

I know that wouldn't be the case, i haven't really followed it that much this year as i have been playing a lot more footy this year hence less time to watch it. However I know soneone involved in AFL recruiting at an AFL club so i am going to see him in a few days so I just want to get a better idea of who is going where, keep up the good work at footydraft.com.

If Hawthorn take Josh Kennedy, that's just going to be annoying for all concerned.

Aren't they getting a father-son pick named Josh Kennedy next year? That'll get annoying fast.

Collingwood had two players named Andrew Hill not too long ago, but they both sucked, so it wasn't a big problem...

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Aren't they getting a father-son pick named Josh Kennedy next year? That'll get annoying fast.

It is a good point, the AFL should intervene and rule that the Hawks can't take Kennedy. While they are it they should say Carlton already had Fraser Murphy who was a rover so can't take Marc Murphy.

Weaver said:
It is a good point, the AFL should intervene and rule that the Hawks can't take Kennedy. While they are it they should say Carlton already had Fraser Murphy who was a rover so can't take Marc Murphy.
I'm not saying that they shouldnt be allowed to, just that having two guys with the exact same name playing senior footy together will get irritating if it happens.

I get the feeling they'll go with Ryder at #3 and then Kennedy will go either #4 or #5.

Hawthorn should seriously be targeting Beau Dowler with #6 too. They need a guy who will stand up at full forward, and while he can't do much else, he can do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd certainly be hoping that Clark or Kennedy get through to #7 (provided we haven't traded it for Tivendale). Our prime requirements are a well-built tall, an inside midfielder with class and a back-up ruckman. Another big body would be useful since we'll probably be clearing out a few talls, who have, perhaps, under-achieved.

windows said:
Wow big push up for Nathan Jones in this update. Why the change of heart? Why isn't Dale Thomas top 10? His draft test results were very good were they not? He seems to have a lot of potential upside to him.
Jones I think I said on page 1 the answer to that, he missed a bit of footy after the carnival but once again last Saturday he reminded everyone just how bloody good he is.

Thomas is 12 from memory, 10 or 12 really not a big deal at this stage...who would you leave out of the Top 10?

Weaver said:

Well they should have done that in the first place, then we wouldnt have had justin murphy either, then again if they done that no one would get marc murphy, because justin has played for nearly everyone.

Essendon best give up a Johnson then. Betta get rid of father-sons while ur at it. Heck ban anyone with a common name from playing the game :D

footyman said:
Jones I think I said on page 1 the answer to that, he missed a bit of footy after the carnival but once again last Saturday he reminded everyone just how bloody good he is.

Thomas is 12 from memory, 10 or 12 really not a big deal at this stage...who would you leave out of the Top 10?

I am with you on Jones. I have posted several times I think he is very good, and I think people pass over his class too quickly because they think he is only playing well due to superior bulk. Dowler is one I'd drop out. Very Digby Morrell like I think (slightly taller but seems similar otherwise - I think KPP need something special and he doesn't seem to have it). Drum as well - just not big enough for key position which leaves him on a flank, and I'm not sure he's athletic enough for that. Bit worried about his Fiora like build (same concern about Ellis). Some guys just look like they will fill out, and some don't.

Something very special about Dale Thomas.

windows said:
Dowler is one I'd drop out. Very Digby Morrell like I think (slightly taller but seems similar otherwise - I think KPP need something special and he doesn't seem to have it). .
The profile pretty much reflects that he was disappointing in the last part of the season, I tend to agree with you but it's likely someone will bite for a tall bloke who can take a mark and is a very young top age player (December 1987) on a bloke who was touted a Top 3 pick through a fair chunk of the U16, AIS, U18 program.

Remove this Banner Ad

footydraft.com update

Remove this Banner Ad

Back