Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a new episode of the FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST up now! This week, RoCo & Rocket talk a proposal for best-of-three grand finals, Mason Cox's hi-jinx and competition integrity. Full previews of all nine games and 'great banter'! It's chockers! #footyology

On West Coast player availability: "Some of these players have been injured so long the headline above their names reads 'Ye Olde Injury List'.

Last edited:
The latest FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST is here! RoCo & Rocket dissect the Wright suspension, the bizarre 'controversy' about Craig McRae's press conference, and two champions' 350-game milestones. PLUS full previews of a big AFL Easter Round! #footyology

I am enjoying the pod this year, but please say the game starting times in local time and not Melbourne time. It is a national comp after all. Not all of us live in Victoria.

Fair enough, will try to remember that for next week. If someone could send me a reminder tweet on Tuesday that will help. Cheers.

On the FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST for ESPN, RoCo & Rocket discuss the growing AFL injury toll only a quarter of the way through the season, plus tribunal fall-out, will North Melbourne hang on to a star, and FULL previews of the Anzac Round.

RohanConnolly - loving the pod again this season.

so, we now have the situation (yet again) where the attempt at building support on the Gold Coast and engaging locals is thwarted by the 2 games we play in Darwin, bookmarked either end by a game in Brisbane and in Melbourne. So 5 weeks with no footy up here, nothing in the month of May.

Now I know the Darwin games are tied up in sponsorship etc. But hear me out for an option.

Gather round - extra home games for SA teams - which is unfair on WA, NSW and Qld teams (Vic teams less so as the get lots of games in Melbourne anyway).

My idea - the two back to back games in Darwin should be Adelaide v Gold Coast and Port v Gold Coast.
They become the extra home games for SA teams - not extra Adelaide oval games.
That allows Gold Coast to go back to 11 home games at People First Stadium

No non-Vic team is then given more than 11 home games.
Still support the game in Darwin.
Allows Gold Coast locals to get engaged all season long.
SA teams back to the pre-gather round situation of 11 home games each at Adelaide oval.

What do you think?

My idea - the two back to back games in Darwin should be Adelaide v Gold Coast and Port v Gold Coast.
They become the extra home games for SA teams - not extra Adelaide oval games.
That allows Gold Coast to go back to 11 home games at People First Stadium
Nice idea IMO. But would Crows/Port supporters make a holiday out of it - do they watch each other's games live? I suppose you'd have groups and families who have a mix of supporters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice idea IMO. But would Crows/Port supporters make a holiday out of it - do they watch each other's games live? I suppose you'd have groups and families who have a mix of supporters?
maybe, maybe not
i dont know many GC supporters who go up currently, so no real difference? its more for the Darwin (and NT people) isnt it?

The latest FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST is up! RoCo & Rocket discuss an ageing Collingwood, Jack Higgins' suspension, and how Geelong & Sydney stay up. PLUS full previews of a massive Round 9 of AFL. It's all the footy sustenance you'll need!

The latest FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST is up! RoCo & Rocket discuss an ageing Collingwood, Jack Higgins' suspension, and how Geelong & Sydney stay up. PLUS full previews of a massive Round 9 of AFL. It's all the footy sustenance you'll need!

RohanConnolly
The sunday night Qclash is scheduled as its a public holiday in Qld on the next day monday - and about time the AFL looked at a non victorian calendar !

another great pod btw!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back