Remove this Banner Ad

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Brighton & HA, Boston Celtics
I'm a bit of a fan of foreign language songs. 99% of the time I have no idea what they are about but if the tune is catchy and the voice is nice that doesn't seem to matter.

I'll open up with a few songs in Irish Gaelic for a language most people won't have heard before.

Put out by an Irish language project that gets young Irish musos to produce songs in Gaelic.

If you don't like the song above just watch the blonde tin whistle girl. ;)

Well get going then, add your faves.

BORIS.

Have been into late 60s early 70s asian psych. Ros Sereysothea was a huge star in Cambodia in the 60s. Unfortunately she was forcibly married to a one of Pol Pot's assistants and it is believed she was killed sometime in the mid 70s

The CBC Band had to leave Saigon in 1975 after it fell to the commos. There's a BBC doco about their travails titled, "Band on the Run". I like this clip from a Viet movie. Yes, I have a major hard-on for throaty lead singer, Bich Loan. Apparently they have a venue in Houston, Texas and still play regularly (although with a much more AOR sound :()

Francoise Hardy is a legendary French singer who released some great stuff primarily in the 60's and 70's in French, Spanish, German and English.

Claudine Longet was a another well known French singer who released some interesting French and English songs in the 60's and 70's. Of course her life took a wild turn in the mid 70's.

Deborah Harry speaks French and some Spanish and a few of Blondie's well known songs had either French or Spanish version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swedish psychedelic rock.

quality :thumbsu:

As were on a psych kick, Chilean psych freaks aguaturbia give this blues standard an heroic dose of lysergic acid

I've got a compilation album, "Pomegranates" an album of Persian psych, funk and rock from th pre-revolution 60s and 70s. An amazing rekkid, this being my fave track

Some good tunes. :thumbsu:

Forgot this Dutch classic. Doesn't really sing but i'm sure he's yodelling in Dutch(and looking a lot like Will Arnett)...

Remove this Banner Ad

Foreign language songs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back