Player Watch Former Essendon players who have won a finals before Essendon - Best 18 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

With Hawthorn's victory over the Western Bulldogs we welcome the 17th addition to the squad, Massimo D'Ambrosio.
With Port Adelaide's beating Hawthorn in a 3 point thriller we welcome the 18th addition to the squad, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher.

How would you line up this hypothetical list of players on the field?

Kepler Bradley (Fremantle)
Jake Carlisle (St Kilda)
Massimo D'Ambrosio (Hawthorn)
Joe Daniher (Brisbane)
Orazio Fantasia (Port Adelaide)
Damien Hardwick (Port Adelaide)
Michael Hibberd (Melbourne)
Bachar Houli (Richmond)
Adam McPhee (Fremantle)
Josh Jenkins (Adelaide)
Conor McKenna (County Tyrone + Brisbane Lions)
Jake Melksham (Melbourne)
Angus Monfries (Port Adelaide)
Ted Richards (Sydney)
Paddy Ryder (St Kilda)
Adam Saad (Carlton)
Gavin Wanganeen (Port Adelaide)
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (Port Adelaide)

Edit: Blake Caracella (Brisbane)

My team;

B: BZT Richards Wanganeen
HB: Houli Carlisle Saad
C: McKenna McPhee D'Ambrosio
HF: Melksham Daniher Monfries
F: Bradley Jenkins Fantasia

Foll: Ryder Hibberd Hardwick

Pretty light on mids, especially centre square, having to put Hardwick in for some grunt and Hibberd at least having some size who could compete. Pretty decent options to stream out of the back half and some speed on the wings.

How many games could this best 18 realistically win in a season at their prime? I'd hazard a guess and say 6-8.

Last edited:

I literally was going to start a thread like this after BZT’s stellar performance on Friday, but thought I’d do a search if there was an old thread. And there was, a day old!

Does James Podsiadly count? Was on the Essendon list.

Also David Johnson was on the Essendon rookie list too

Last edited:
Correct.

Essendon's last finals win = 4th of September 2004
Blake Caracella's last finals win = 18th of September 2004
Interesting technicality there. My guess was Massimo for having to wait the least amount of time between washing off the Essendon shame and tasting finals glory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The insertion of Caracella makes it a decent team. However with only one player on the bench they will struggle in the second half.

Do the rookies I mentioned count SSSSSS

Congrats to Tippa who has won a Granny for the Imperials in the Sunraysia league. Not quite AFL level but I loved watching him so happy to see him taste success.

The insertion of Caracella makes it a decent team. However with only one player on the bench they will struggle in the second half.

Do the rookies I mentioned count SSSSSS

Can't see why they shouldn't count. Former Essendon player and all.

Last edited:
Dean Solomon

* em!

And now there's reports that Merrett could be on the way out. Their absolute gun. Rabble.

Would be a much needed midfielder in this side. Plenty of flankers but very thin in the middle.

jeez.

there are some ****in ancient names on that list rofl

Gavin Wanganeen lol

he literally had a kid play for Essendon, before Essendon won another final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Former Essendon players who have won a finals before Essendon - Best 18 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back