Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty happy to have Draper in the side and showing heaps. I didn't like it at the time, but the club made the right decision not to overpay Logue and he made the right personal decision to leave.
Was always the right decision. You can't pay depth players best 22 without AFL assistance with the salary cap we'll never get.

Was never getting back into the back six at Freo and wasn't good enough as a forward to stay in the forward six either. Had to improve a lot as a forward which seemed unlikely. We just anticipated he'd become a depth player ahead of time.

Was always the right decision. You can't pay depth players best 22 without AFL assistance with the salary cap we'll never get.

Was never getting back into the back six at Freo and wasn't good enough as a forward to stay in the forward six either. Had to improve a lot as a forward which seemed unlikely. We just anticipated he'd become a depth player ahead of time.

Whilst that is mostly true we’re unusually stacked for high quality defenders.

Not many sides would consider a player who can do a total shutdown on the likes of Curnow as depth. I suspect if he’s not lost too much athleticism with his injuries he’ll play a lot of games at North at a high level. He’s a monster athlete.

I do prefer our defense with higher IQ players like Cox, Ryan & Chapman. Griff is no genius but he’s a serious competitor.

Whilst that is mostly true we’re unusually stacked for high quality defenders.

Not many sides would consider a player who can do a total shutdown on the likes of Curnow as depth. I suspect if he’s not lost too much athleticism with his injuries he’ll play a lot of games at North at a high level. He’s a monster athlete.

I do prefer our defense with higher IQ players like Cox, Ryan & Chapman. Griff is no genius but he’s a serious competitor.
Didn’t Curnow kick 4.2 on Logue in literally the same year?

I thought last year if Logue had of stayed he would have been trialled on the skinny side wing instead of Hughes- and probably would have done a better job of it.
We definitely couldn’t match North’s offer but should have locked him away early in the season when he was chasing a two year deal on average wages.
Luckily Banners has stepped up in that role this year !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure. I just remember the home game where Pearce thrashed McKay & Charlie didn’t get near it. I seem to remember Griff & Moose doing similar to Hawkins & Cameron too.
I think when he’s on he’s a very good defender.
Curnow still got 2.1 in that game.
But the next time we played them Curnow kicked 4.2 and Logue was playing in defence. That’s 6 goals conceded vs a guy who Griff “totally shutdown”

Hamling/Ryan and Pearce blanketed Hawkins and Cameron when we played them last year too.

Logue looking good was just a product of our defence looking good. He had the benefit of Cox and Pearce who were both playing really well that year. If he played last year he wouldve been exposed I reckon.

I don’t think you’d notice a huge difference between Logue/Hamling/Cox/McDonald when our defence is flying. It’s why we’ve been afforded to play Draper.

List balancing means change, and sometimes that brings a bit of pain. But difficult to see many of the recent losses (after Neale) being nett negatives for us. That includes former first round picks Cerra and Logue.

I’m almost at the point where I think getting hogan was a good thing.

Shone a light on the shitty culture, and the cult of ross(ich). Was the straw that forced the club to turn everything around.

Here is a memory tester. Trac getting a punctured lung reminds me I swear I saw a game in the 90s where one of our players got a punctured lung (possibly even collapsed) and I'm thinking it was Jamie Merillo. There nothing about it in his Wikki though. Am I imagining the whole thing? Or was it someone else?

Here is a memory tester. Trac getting a punctured lung reminds me I swear I saw a game in the 90s where one of our players got a punctured lung (possibly even collapsed) and I'm thinking it was Jamie Merillo. There nothing about it in his Wikki though. Am I imagining the whole thing? Or was it someone else?
That definitely rings a bell.

It was Merillo

F: Farmer Modra Toia
HF: Pav Mann Winnie
C: Black Allen Fletcher
HB: Kickett Parker Norrish
B: McGovern Haddrill Bond
R: Longmuir Haze Bell
IC: Brown Dhurrkay McManus Merrillo

That's mine off the top of my head. On the case of Merrillo, a lot of people fail to understand how good a talent he would have been had it not been down to pure bad luck. Had his jaw broken against Richmond in 1995. And then when he looked dangerous against Richmond in 1997, a bit of dirty play saw his lung collapsed and his inevitable exit from footy. Had he had better luck I reckon he probably still would have been here today.

Nice article on the titan of taggers, Ryan Crowley, here

But then read the stupidity in the comments section to the article calling him talentless and a blight on the game. People are clueless

Liked the comment about positioning. “Stay between your player and the ball”. Allows you to shut down your player, but be able to attack the ball and be offensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandi had a punctured lung after a NicNat special in I think 2016? or 2017?

Rog Hayden had a punctured lung in 2008 I recall? maybe v Footscray?

I think it was Jason Norrish not Merillo that had the lung injury- in 97? at a WACA game?

Hate you Rory Lobb

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back