DSC01089_1.JPG

Photo taken by [name]Old_Dog[/name]

Games
Goals - 0
Best and Fairest - Outside top 10
Stats History:
Dylan Addison (AFL Tables)

Date of Birth - 07-10-1987
Recruited- 2005 NAB AFL Draft 2nd round selection No. 27 overall.
Height/Weight: 185cm 82kg
Dreamteam Price: -$197,200
Supercoach: -$223,700

Stats History: TBA

It was a disappointing year for Dylan Addison only managing to get four senior games with the Bulldogs after showing a impressive 2010 performance racking up ten games and three finals appearances.

When Dylan was playing in the Bulldogs VFL side Williamstown, he was a class above every player, being able to read the ball well and make a contest, win the hard ball which allowed him to play fourteen matches with Williamstown including their Foxtel Cup Grand Final Win against Claremont and playing in the VFL Grand Final against Port Melbourne.

When Dylan was playing in the Senior List, he was averaging around fifteen disposals a game and four tackles per game in his four game season but sadly wasn't enough to keep him in the senior list with players like Libba, Wallis, Howard all showing that they will make a bigger impact on the game then Dylan.

2012 is an important year for Dylan to regain his form and make a bigger impact in which 2011 nearly ended in him being delisted with the Bulldogs, but McCartney is aiming for tougher players that can win the hard ball which could allow for Dylan to play more games next year and break into the top 22 side.

Notable Games:
Round 8 v Richmond 19 disposals 11 kicks 8 handballs 3 marks 6 tackles, showed that he can still make a impact in the senior side but was dropped afterwards.

Foxtel Cup Grand Final v Claremont- 9 kicks 5 handballs 14 disposals 2 tackles.

How do you guys think DFA is travelling this year?

Think he's slotted in well with the new gameplan. Not making many obvious mistakes as he used to.

I think that he's shown real desperation and has been handy with his defensive efforts. His skills are never going to be great and he has the turning circle of a mack truck but he's a tough competitor who is willing to bleed for the club in every game that he plays.

I have always admired him for his effort and courage so I'm pleased he's getting games again. However I think one of he or Wood will soon have to make way to improve the team structure. ATM Wood offers just as much attack on the ball/defender and has more zip and height, and a better leap. Wood has made a few bad handball errors but otherwise has been OK.

Is anyone else kind of shocked by his career turnaround this year? He has done a fair bit in defense and he used the ball fairly well. I was sure that he'd see some games under Macca but I figured that he'd only play when one of our inside mids were injured or needed a rest.

Pretty happy with his efforts though since he's the type of player that wears his heart on his sleeve and gives it his all at every contest in every game that he plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back