Dream Boat

Rookie
May 9, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Greenbay Packers, WestHam
after taking out the morrish medal last year in such a stellar season that he had, form is pretty good this year (not as good as last). height will defiantly play a big role in his future... the question asked, will he get drafted?

Name is actually Fortunato Caruso.....

I dont get what the big deal size is, he is playin tac cup against bigger bodies and doing it quite easily, averages around 22 touches a game being tagged every week, ive seen a few of the calder games this year and he gets the most attention of any player on the field. Yes he does have a small body but takes the hits like anyone else can, gets dropped everytime he gets near the ball to try get him out of puff but always gets back up and keeps going..has quite alot of speed and agility, is another brent harvey/luke power player. He plays taller then what he is, has a huge vertical leap and could be a chance of a late pick in the draft or even in the rookie draft.

Butera said:
I dont get what the big deal size is, he is playin tac cup against bigger bodies and doing it quite easily,

No he doesn't. He plays against Delphine, Lockwood, Adams, Odzemir and all the other little rovers who are his own size. Unless the AFL clubs go out and recruit 10 short people each he has to play on guys like Ricciuto at the stoppages.

Butera said:
has quite alot of speed and agility, is another brent harvey/luke power player. He plays taller then what he is, has a huge vertical leap and could be a chance of a late pick in the draft or even in the rookie draft.

He doesn't have speed or kicking skills that a guy his size needs. His inability to kick 35m just doesn't cut it. A guy his size needs Davey like skill and pace and Caruso doesn't come close.

weaver dont comment on something you have no clue about, its obvious that you have never seen the kid play, i can tell you now that he has awsome skills, yea he might onle be able to just kick it 50, but he can do it on both feet and also hits targets aswell with both feet, highly skilled player, and to say he has no pace or agility it shows you got no clue, go watch TAC cup games, burns off his taggers and gets rid of the ball EFFECTIVELY, so im dont know what your on about saying he cant kick. And the kid has more then ability to win the ball at stoppages, i think he kicked 44 goals last year and now im protty sure you cant be lucky to do that, he knows where the goals are and knows how to rove a pack, which are important on players his size, is around the same speed as eddy betts and eddy bets got drafted, but the only difference is that fort has alot more endurence then eddy and is more willing to go into the packs and get in and under.

Butera said:
Name is actually Fortunato Caruso.....

I dont get what the big deal size is, he is playin tac cup against bigger bodies and doing it quite easily, averages around 22 touches a game being tagged every week, ive seen a few of the calder games this year and he gets the most attention of any player on the field. Yes he does have a small body but takes the hits like anyone else can, gets dropped everytime he gets near the ball to try get him out of puff but always gets back up and keeps going..has quite alot of speed and agility, is another brent harvey/luke power player. He plays taller then what he is, has a huge vertical leap and could be a chance of a late pick in the draft or even in the rookie draft.

I Agree with everything Butera Says, he gets the ball kick goals and has won a morrish medal as a bottom age player - can u do anything else to get drafted, but yes its the same old issue - HEIGHT - this will be his only downfall but honestly it shouldnt matter

Weaver is RIGHT on the money. He is simply too small without the party tricks and speed of Betts, Davis or even Simon Phillips. He is not even the best small >175cm player in the Calder side. That mantle clearly belongs to Andrew Horne and then Joe Gazzo who are also only a remote chance of getting drafted. Butera- your passion is admirable but comment on the facts and if you cant get over your local footy club loyalties dont comment on an objective debate because you are simply not being rational or accurate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fortuno Curaso- will he go???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back