Fox Footy co-host Mark Robinson looks set to leave AFL 360 after 14 years in the hot seat

Remove this Banner Ad

They did that in the latter half of the year, Thursday nights.
Awesome, I'll look out for it next year. I was feeling pretty flat about football by that point so not surprised I missed it.

As 360 finished and Gerard threw to Lyon for On The Couch, Garry says "thanks Gerard, consumate professional, classy as always..." I wonder if there was hidden message there with Garry implying that Robbo didn't have those traits.
I don't even think the message was "hidden".
Seemed pretty obvious to me.

Wonder if anything will leak out.

So Robbo confirming on radio this morning that he got 'the sack from 360' and he cracked this shits which was obvious as to why he wasn't on last night.

He says they told him they have other opportunities on the channel lined up for him but who knows if that's actually a thing and they're just saying it to lighten the blow of giving him the ass.

So Robbo confirming on radio this morning that he got 'the sack from 360' and he cracked this shits which was obvious as to why he wasn't on last night.

He says they told him they have other opportunities on the channel lined up for him but who knows if that's actually a thing and they're just saying it to lighten the blow of giving him the ass.

It's a bit like 2.5 men when Charlie Sheen left. The show will go on, but it won't ever be as good.

I don't even think the message was "hidden".
Seemed pretty obvious to me.

Wonder if anything will leak out.
I was thinking the same thing. Gerard referring to 1500 shared shows or hours (ouch!) and having little in common and then Garry just talking up Gerard. Gave me the sense that Robbo got the tap on the shoulder delist.

Probably good timing as Robbo had been in solid form of late. Not too slurry or disengaged/unprepared, vintage voice of the people-ing, etc. Feels less tricky and undignifying than it otherwise might. Plus the significant offseason media musical chairs. It's time for both parties to go their separate ways.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It comes out now that Robbo was given the boot, no matter who replaces him they will be not as well liked as Gerard. They must have an opinionated journo or similar to bounce off Whateley and stir the pot a little!
Robbo will turn up somewhere else and that's a good thing...

It's a sacking which is several years overdue in my opinion.

I don't deny Robbo's passion for footy, and in the early days of the show I found it endearing.
As time went by though, to me his everyman persona moved more and more to the shouty drunk on the next table at the pub who is much more annoying than funny and contributes nothing of value.

I want 360 to be an entertaining but credible and informative program, and far too often Robbo detracted from that with his total lack of preparation, shouting, arm waving and unwillingness to accept logic and reason.

Another factor which I feel sure would have contributed to the decision by management is that he has developed an increasingly obvious speech impediment over the past year. I'm not making light of it as I'm sure its caused by ongoing health problems, but it would be a factor.

I also think the show needs a major freshen up / overhaul in general, and a change of host might hopefully be the first step towards that.

It's a sacking which is several years overdue in my opinion.

I don't deny Robbo's passion for footy, and in the early days of the show I found it endearing.
As time went by though, to me his everyman persona moved more and more to the shouty drunk on the next table at the pub who is much more annoying than funny and contributes nothing of value.

I want 360 to be an entertaining but credible and informative program, and far too often Robbo detracted from that with his total lack of preparation, shouting, arm waving and unwillingness to accept logic and reason.

Another factor which I feel sure would have contributed to the decision by management is that he has developed an increasingly obvious speech impediment over the past year. I'm not making light of it as I'm sure its caused by ongoing health problems, but it would be a factor.

I also think the show needs a major freshen up / overhaul in general, and a change of host might hopefully be the first step towards that.

In my opinion AFL360's problem is not Robbo, its problem is they have too many interviews with players and coaches. I genuinely don't care what Chris Scott has to say, and yet the segment with him takes up around 30 minutes of the Monday show, and then players night with again, players I don't really care about, taking up half the episode.

I like when they have analysts on, or even past players, but not current players or coaches, but so much of the show is devoted to interviewing current day coaches and players all talking about the games they just had.

In my opinion AFL360's problem is not Robbo, its problem is they have too many interviews with players and coaches. I genuinely don't care what Chris Scott has to say, and yet the segment with him takes up around 30 minutes of the Monday show, and then players night with again, players I don't really care about, taking up half the episode.

I like when they have analysts on, or even past players, but not current players or coaches, but so much of the show is devoted to interviewing current day coaches and players all talking about the games they just had.
Monday's and Tuesday i just watch the first segment only unless Mitchell is one of the coaches. Have no interest in listening to the other coaches or players

Monday's and Tuesday i just watch the first segment only unless Mitchell is one of the coaches. Have no interest in listening to the other coaches or players

Even if Longmire turns up I have no interest in listening to him. Current coaches and players are very limited in what they can say, and as a result most interviews with them, even short ones, are boring. The longer the interview the even more boring it gets.

I don't mind the interviews - lots of insightful comments from the coaches.

The players are less insightful though (mostly, some are great) - wouldn't miss them.

Enjoy when they have Kingy and Montagna on as well, but not a fan of Riewoldt and Lewis and the other randoms they pull in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Footy co-host Mark Robinson looks set to leave AFL 360 after 14 years in the hot seat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back