• Kayo

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • Channel 7

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i forgot about this issue. i wonder if we're any close to having the option of choosing a Kayo AFL membership for just one club. cos i'm never ever gonna have some spare time to watch St. Kilda vs Fremantle ever again and i'm not gonna pretend i will

So AFL Live pass has been canned and we're being pushed onto Kayo for live streamed games. Telstra has a special offer for Telstra customers of $5/month for the first year then onto the normal rates. I suppose I'll take the $60 hit for 2021 but will opt out once the year is up.
The Telstra special offer for Telstra customers is $15 per month for 12 months. This new deal is aimed at eligible Live Pass customers, who will be able to access Kayo with a $20 discount, meaning customers will only have to pay $5 to access Kayo.

So AFL Live pass has been canned and we're being pushed onto Kayo for live streamed games. Telstra has a special offer for Telstra customers of $5/month for the first year then onto the normal rates. I suppose I'll take the $60 hit for 2021 but will opt out once the year is up.
I'm fuming about this.

Kayo is absolute rubbish. I have no interest in paying 25$ a month for that, and just to stream footy.

The live pass was fantastic as you were able to bypass the crap and just buy a cheap pass for the footy direct.

Not sure what I'll do now, will likely have to find some new illegal streaming sites.

I'm fuming about this.

Kayo is absolute rubbish. I have no interest in paying 25$ a month for that, and just to stream footy.

The live pass was fantastic as you were able to bypass the crap and just buy a cheap pass for the footy direct.

Not sure what I'll do now, will likely have to find some new illegal streaming sites.
Yep. The only other sport I'd be interested in watching is cricket, but obviously not going to sit up at 3am watching the West Indies getting flogged by Afghanistan. Same for StK v Freo and the like. I suppose we should be grateful that there even was a live pass the last few years but FMD. I'll be watching replays of the preseason game and the 4-5 games I can't make this year. Members should get a cheap add on to stream their team. $25/month can f off and die.

I'm fuming about this.

As an interstate Port fan, Kayo has been a God send for me. Finally got to ditch Foxtel which was a very expensive way to watch us play every week. Didn't really watch anything else on it.

I just split the bill with my brother as you can have 2 screens going at once. The first year it was $12.50 each a month, but the season just gone was only $7.50 each after the Telstra deal.

Can't really complain about that price considering it's full HD on your TV (or any device) plus being able to stream at any time. Sure beats watching a game on the phone.

As an interstate Port fan, Kayo has been a God send for me. Finally got to ditch Foxtel which was a very expensive way to watch us play every week. Didn't really watch anything else on it.

I just split the bill with my brother as you can have 2 screens going at once. The first year it was $12.50 each a month, but the season just gone was only $7.50 each after the Telstra deal.

Can't really complain about that price considering it's full HD on your TV (or any device) plus being able to stream at any time. Sure beats watching a game on the phone.
I can totally understand it for an interstate fan, but for a local, there's 3 games a year or less on fox only. For those I just head to the pub with some mates. The majority of other weekends, there's footy on nearly all day every day on Ch7, and if there's something that's not on 7, then a mobile phone is fine as I'm generally out and about watching just catching glimpses of it anyway. So for me paying $300 a year to watch a couple AFL games, and just general scattered footy is just a waste.

The Kayo offering is incredibly poor in general. All the big ticket sports have basically disappeared and it's far too expensive. I'd much rather buy the live passes I want for the sports I want to watch, and hence am devo that the AFL live pass has gone.

I can totally understand it for an interstate fan, but for a local, there's 3 games a year or less on fox only. For those I just head to the pub with some mates. The majority of other weekends, there's footy on nearly all day every day on Ch7, and if there's something that's not on 7, then a mobile phone is fine as I'm generally out and about watching just catching glimpses of it anyway. So for me paying $300 a year to watch a couple AFL games, and just general scattered footy is just a waste.

The Kayo offering is incredibly poor in general. All the big ticket sports have basically disappeared and it's far too expensive. I'd much rather buy the live passes I want for the sports I want to watch, and hence am devo that the AFL live pass has gone.
Kayo is $25 a month with a month by month subscription. I’d spend more at the pub with mates in three sessions.

I don’t mind Kayo, I have the NBA pass however

I just buy a port international membership and use watchafl with a cheap VPN, works great and has done for years now, also helps the club too. I'm assuming that's the Jack Watts option and voted accordingly.

I found Kayo surprisingly good.

Only get it during the season and can choose to watch what games I want and when for very little hassle or cost.

Had a dig around the other sports available and nothing really grabs me., My kids are keen on NHL due to their cousins living in Ottawa (go Sens!) but as it's out of season for AFL, I'm reluctant to spend the extra $$.

I love Kayo. I live interstate too, and often have to miss the start of afternoon games with my other activities. Love how I can come in half-way, fire up Kayo, and choose to watch it from the start of the game without knowing the scores etc.

I also am a mad F1 fan, so get all that action, and watch a smattering of other sports including cricket, league, and tennis. Currently I am still on the Telstra special of $15 p/m, and I share with a mate. So $7.50 per month ... Hell that is a coffee and a doughnut!

Bargain!

Well that sucks

I have a work phone that's with Telstra so got Live Pass
So that's now going
What info do they ask for if you sign up to the $5 plan - just a phone number ?

Cant get Kayo on my LG Smart TV without forking out for a Chromecast

Limiting to just Samsung TVs is stupid
Netfix etc, are supported by all platforms

Make it easy !

Not too fussed about losing streaming on Live Pass, it was only handy because it was data free on Telstra, now I've got a 180GB mobile data plan it's not a problem. And I don't mind Kayo, I'll usually throw some random sport on (NBA, NHL, UFC, etc) when I'm bored and want something on in the background.

I wonder if there's a way to cash in on this new offer, I've already got my Kayo account billed through Telstra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would anyone have Foxtel?
You can have Kayo and Binge and save yourself around $100 per month ( if you include the AE channel,Drama channel,Movie channel to match what you would have with Binge)
Murdoch gets enough of my money.

I'm bummed about Live Pass too but Kayo @ $5/month is the best alternative

Kayo pisses me off that they have been working on a PS4 app for the best past of 2 years and apparently its been "coming soon" for that whole time

I have a 65 inch Samsung TV 2017 model which is apparently "to old" for the Samsung Kayo app so i cant use that
I have 3 chromecasts that are all Gen 2 and wont do higher than 720p and works like shit

I still have foxtel and pay around $40 a month for 4k+HD Sports and the base stuff and so im happy enough for now

If they release a decent enough PS4 app i'll think about it again

I just buy a port international membership and use watchafl with a cheap VPN, works great and has done for years now, also helps the club too. I'm assuming that's the Jack Watts option and voted accordingly.
Pre Kayo this would've been a good deal. But kayo even at full price for 6 months is cheaper than an international membership, and you don't have to faff with a VPN.

I'm torn, I've had Kayo before and just think it's a massive rip off, so an idea like this sounds alright, but what would I be looking at in terms of cost for this? I'm sure I'll find some illegal streaming sites, so I think I'm just going to go with that.

Well that sucks

I have a work phone that's with Telstra so got Live Pass
So that's now going
What info do they ask for if you sign up to the $5 plan - just a phone number ?

Cant get Kayo on my LG Smart TV without forking out for a Chromecast

Limiting to just Samsung TVs is stupid
Netfix etc, are supported by all platforms

Make it easy !
Yeah if you click the link on the AFL or Telstra sites it takes you to the Telstra login. Login with your Telstra ID and it asks you which of your phones you want. Only certain services are eligible. Select one and the $5 special should come up. They confirm and ask whether you want to pay via your bill or separately on CC. Weirdly for a Telstra process, this seemed to work for me ...

Pre Kayo this would've been a good deal. But kayo even at full price for 6 months is cheaper than an international membership, and you don't have to faff with a VPN.

Understand, but I don't imagine that Kayo throw much PAFC's way though however. Overseas, the app works brilliantly. Shame I haven't been, nor expect to get there again, any time soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Footy, Kayo or Ch7?

Back