Roast Foxtel and Village are Bullies

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get it. Why are they bullies because they want you to pay for your entertainment? Movies are not free to make, so why should you reasonably expect to view them free of charge?

I don't get it. Why are they bullies because they want you to pay for your entertainment? Movies are not free to make, so why should you reasonably expect to view them free of charge?
I think Mr Sampler you are on the money here.
Not sure illegally downloading is really good behaviour.
In its way it is not nice to take what's not rightfully yours.

The bit they don't mention about Korea is they do what Australians have been asking for for a decade and more now - access at reasonable prices in a timely fashion.

They stream movies while they are still out at the cinema.

I suspect their stats are rather skewed by the very basic knowledge required to mask yourself from the perils of litigation.

That they force you to pay Extra when they don't have to. They should be trying to make it Cheaper and not more Expensive and just use Threats to get there way

That they force you to pay Extra when they don't have to. They should be trying to make it Cheaper and not more Expensive and just use Threats to get there way
They're running a business. When they start losing money, they'll lower costs.

The industry doesn't make their products available world wide, costs here are higher than USA, there are still a number of shows that we don't get until the second season.
Netflix is the best thing to happen here and I hope that Amazon coming here will shake them up. I love my Netflix.
Wouldn't call them bullies but they have had monoply too long and not treated consumers well.
Competition and better pricing will reduce piracy.

The industry doesn't make their products available world wide, costs here are higher than USA, there are still a number of shows that we don't get until the second season.
Netflix is the best thing to happen here and I hope that Amazon coming here will shake them up. I love my Netflix.
Wouldn't call them bullies but they have had monoply too long and not treated consumers well.

Agree. Foxtel has a Monopoly so they have no Challenge to lower there Price.

Netflix is step in the Right Direction but its not even close to being as good as the US Netflix

Agree. Foxtel has a Monopoly so they have no Challenge to lower there Price.

Netflix is step in the Right Direction but its not even close to being as good as the US Netflix
Baby steps Dave, better than we had and as more come into the market place the better it will be.
Amazon is also coming to Australia where books, DVD's and games and other things should be much cheaper.
Let's just hope that they pay tax here and not take the profits overseas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baby steps Dave, better than we had and as more come into the market place the better it will be.
Amazon is also coming to Australia where books, DVD's and games and other things should be much cheaper.
Let's just hope that they pay tax here and not take the profits overseas.

Amazon will help a lot.

I would not bank them paying Tax as they just have to Bribe Turnbull and the Government

Amazon will help a lot.

I would not bank them paying Tax as they just have to Bribe Turnbull and the Government
No not bribe, they don't have to. Just work with the current Taxation laws which need changing

No not bribe, they don't have to. Just work with the current Taxation laws which need changing

Well they make sure the Poor Have to Pay.

So the Law make the Poor get Poorer and Rich get Richer.

The Tax laws are a Joke

Yep, it's the lack of accessibility and quick accessibility that's the issue rather than cost.

The other aspect I don't like is DRM (copy right protection). itunes is shocking for this with movies and tv shows, I paid for an electronic copy of a movie instead of renting the other day only to find out the electronic copy I've paid good money for can only be played via itunes or on apple products. Now I've got an apple tv, so in theory I should then be able to play the movie on my tv. Nope with my apple tv being 1st generation it's too old and won't work. Given it was after business hours and JB wasn't open I would have been better off and gotten a better viewing experience by pirating it.

"No that's enough money."

The more I want then the less I'm free,
So when I see everything I go....
That's enough for me
That's enough for me
That's enough for me
It's all I need.

(Said nobody ever)

Yep, it's the lack of accessibility and quick accessibility that's the issue rather than cost.

The other aspect I don't like is DRM (copy right protection). itunes is shocking for this with movies and tv shows, I paid for an electronic copy of a movie instead of renting the other day only to find out the electronic copy I've paid good money for can only be played via itunes or on apple products. Now I've got an apple tv, so in theory I should then be able to play the movie on my tv. Nope with my apple tv being 1st generation it's too old and won't work. Given it was after business hours and JB wasn't open I would have been better off and gotten a better viewing experience by pirating it.

I 100% Hate and Oppose the Stupid DRM. I don't want Companies to have have control what is on my Computer. They Also force you to Download/Pay for each Appliance.

I can definitely see the need for DRM for PC games. But having restrictive DRM for digital films and TV shows seems counterintuitive to me. I'm not sure it justifies piracy but I can see why it pushes people in that direction.

and Another Reason people would direct people to download Movies/Tv Shows as they can Watch it when they want and not when it's on TV and When it's out overseas and be months before it comes out here

Do you work for the Liberal's?

Man I wish I did, that'd be ****ing glorious.

AmeZWMa.jpg

"What's that Mr Turnbull? You've secured a new deal to replace more green energy solutions with Coal power plants?! Mmm I smell money!"

I despise the liberals. It'd be pretty ignorant of me to say they're all bad..... But, they're all bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back