Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,
Hawks Dogs from 2007 at Etihad.

From memory this game was only a couple of days after Ch7 ran there "scandal story".

Club and players threatened to boycott all media requests and the footy world was watching to see how we reacted.

From memory the big fella kicks 2.11 or something stupid like that while Hodgey tears it up and kicks 5 or 6.

Speaking of Hodgey does this game rate in his top 5 for our club?

Cats 08 Grand Final, Carlton for his 100th at Etihad are a couple of others that stand out.

Lets hope this year he can win the Brownlow.:thumbsu:

Hodge in the final v Adelaide 2007 was inspirational. Came off with what looked a knee injury, then came back on and virtually won us the game.

th footage of Hodge in the prelim against the saints in 2008 still gives me goosebumps.i was at the game and when he came back on and the crowd was just cheering hodgie wow it was really something. and now knowing that he then went on to win the norm smith just makes it that much better.

Hodges game against the Dogs in the Qualifying final of 2008 was probably as good as his Grand Final.

what happened to mcdougal, i used to be a big fan of this guy

Bulldog McDougall calls it quits

12:54 PM Thu 17 July, 2008

WESTERN Bulldogs key position player Andrew McDougall has announced his retirement from AFL football, effective immediately.
McDougall has been hampered by injuries since crossing to Whitten Oval from the West Coast Eagles at the end of 2006, but has featured regularly for the Bulldogs' VFL affiliate Williamstown.
The 24-year-old played just five games for the Bulldogs and kicked two goals after 38 games and 48 goals for his previous club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Foxtel for giving me something to watch on a Tuesday night. (Didnt make the missus happy tho:D)

That was awesome.

Quick ball movement from the backline and through the middle.

Mitchell and Sewell ripping clearances for fun.

Hodge running amok. 34 touches and 6 goals FFS. Pakistani Marquee on the couch.

Hope the boys were watching that tonight and that gives them some pep this week against the scum.

Im firing on all cylinders. Look out wife.

Goodnight ladies and gents.:)

Wayde Skipper is prominent for the Dogs also.
Prominent in getting touched up by Tails in the ruck contests that is :D

The big standout is the incredible run we were getting from Bateman and Crawf, but also Ladson, Young and the rest.

I've been wondering all year at how much slower we look than in previous years. I doubt we are less fit, is it just that our game plan includes much more running, with all players expected to run up and provide forward pressure, and then flood back to help out the defence, so they then don't have the energy to really provide attacking run?

The standout was our super aggressive running and quick handball through the corridor. Unbelievable ball movement. We just had so much bite at the contest and then a very strong band of outside runners with mature bodies. Makes you appreciate how important Crawf was.

Damn, what a game that was.

Remember it well. Got ridiculously fired up - so much so that my sister had to take me to the St John's ambo guys - heart was absolutely racing. Thought i was going to drop then and there.

Good times. :thumbsu:

How good did buddy look on the run. Even if he wasn't terribly damaging on the scoreboard.

He's been effective (and impressive to normal AFL players standards) this year, but never quite as impressive as he was in 07/08.

Here's hoping he learns to play like this again (which his new found accuracy!)

Prominent in getting touched up by Tails in the ruck contests that is :D
Tails was in great form during that run of games. Darcy couldn't help himself in giving glowing praise of our duo at the time.

The game by Hodge and Franklin was fantastic and the run we had was something I've been yearning for in 2010.
Make it so on Friday night, please boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Foxtel tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back